good info, do you know how much watts exactly the plant is going to need? I'm very confused with this part. I bought a 50 watt high sodium pressure, i forget if thats the actually name but i got the right one that everyone uses for flowering.

I'm not an expert at indoor lighting, but I do know that 50 Watts is not nearly enough. You should supplement with more bulbs. One of the experienced people here can help you with that. :)

sorry for the multiple almost same responses, i thought my post were getting deleted, thanks for the advice, u said that i should have the fan blowing across my plant, I'm actually going to just grow it in a bedroom, should it still blow across the plant? thanks for all the help so far

Yes, there should always be some kind of air circulation through the leaves, just like she would get if grown outdoors. You would also benefit from the air circulation. So sharing your bedroom with the little green lady might be mutually beneficial! ;-)

hey guys, heres some more photos, this is the start of week 6, i think the plant looks pretty good, always looking for advice to help? thanks in advance
IMG_072831.jpg
IMG_072528.jpg
IMG_072332.jpg
IMG_072233.jpg
IMG_072126.jpg
IMG_072029.jpg
IMG_071928.jpg
IMG_070239.jpg

you know what, so i saw a clear little spider on the plant near the top and i put all the lady bugs on, the spider was so much smarter then the ladybugs, it seemed like the lady bugs wouldn't even see it. one of them ran into the spider and nothing happened. i was waiting to see an epic fight lol

so i need some help, i bought these light bulbs, cfl 23 watts and this silver thing to put them in but i cant figure out how to put them in. any advice?

OK, I looked up a GU 24. This is a push and twist-style. It doesn't screw in. I am not familiar with either that type of bulb or the lamp it is supposed to go into. You might have to ask the people at the store where you bought it (take your receipts) to show you how to put the bulb in.

And then, you could read the instructions. ;-) It is possible you have the wrong lamp.

but is the gu a better lightbulb for the plant? i was gonna get also one of those long tube lights, they didnt have any cfl ones though,, is there another type i could get that would be beneficial? or is only cfl could?

I don't know anything about the GU. But if you find a lamp that fits them, and that's the way you want to go, then by all means, take the lamps back and get the lamps the bulbs fit.

Also, it doesn't hurt to have auxiliary lighting. Last night I installed a 6-bulb bathroom fixture along the back wall, in addition to the lighting I already had. I stayed with the same type of bulb (cfl) for economy's sake and to keep the heat level down, but some growers use a variety of bulbs to get all the needed wavelengths.

It's pretty much up to you what you want to use. Keep notes so you can compare this grow with your future grows and see which set-up works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom