Indoor - OG Ghost Train & Strawberry Amnesia In Individual 20 Gal Bubble Totes

Thanks Pennywise! I was just skimming through your perpetual journal, I can tell I'll be lurking around your journals, soaking up a little knowledge!

I learned everything right here at 420, hang around and you'll be glad you did. The trick is to get involved with other members journals and you'll see a lot more people stopping by yours.

PW: I knew a few "Old Timers" growing up, who had small gorilla grows (15 - 20 yrs ago). So, I picked a little up back then, but never tried my hand at it until I was able to get my card. Most folks around here tend to stay pretty secretive, no matter their legal status. Because of that, it has taken a little while to get up to speed on everything (what works/what doesn't). Like most though, I fear that I shall always be learning...

If it were full blown legal I might think about an outdoor grow. Even if it were, there's always someone looking to make a quick buck off of someone else's work, and I'd just rather not risk it! I can get more than my patients and I need from my indoor grow.

PW: I did start a new journal to start with the clones for the next run in the hybrid system, if you'd like to tag along there as well, I'd love to get your thoughts as it progresses!

So, this is a little off topic here... But, I had a friend tell me to avoid a soil mix high in peat moss in an upcoming grow. Reason being that it will be a wicking bed hybrid system, and peat moss will apparently support more fungi growth rather than beneficial bacteria. And in his opinion, it is best to avoid such a root environment... Any thoughts? Typical wicking bed soil is recommended to contain 70-80% peat moss.

Nobody on the Peat Moss eh...? Well, I decided to keep the girls on 18-6 for this week to avoid stressing them too much after the move. I plan on flipping them this Sat.
1212172012b.jpg
I have 2 humidifiers running in this room, 24-7, and these are still the conditions I'm dealing with.
1212172012a.jpg

1212172010b.jpg
1212172011.jpg

That's what I was thinking about today Pennywise. My friends major concern was the amount of PROMIX-BX that was being suggested by the Alaskan Grow Bucket site. We just crunched the numbers and there will only be 30% BX, which is technically 80% Peat Moss... So I'm looking at 24% total Peat Moss. I only ever used Peat Moss as an additive to composted soil.

I haven't worked with much coco, only 1 cycle I think(RDWC if I remember correctly). Personally, I think I've settled on my hybrid system... I'll get to see on the next run. Enjoying some nice outdoor GodBud atm!

Well, since they look healthy and ready to go, the girls have been in the dark since the lights went off at 9:00 last night. At 9 tonight the lights will flip back on 12-12. I can't wait to see how quickly the Strawberry Amnesia will take off, since she has already been wanting to flower for a few weeks now! I've also been able to get the RH up to 48% in the room, with the addition of a large humidifier in the main part of the house, plus the 2 smaller ones already running in the room itself.

Well, the girls were thirsty today each drank about a gallon and a half, and PPM dropped just under 200 for each, and the Ph dropped slightly. I just picked up a new bottle of CalMag+, so I'll use some of that to boost the ppm back up a little, and top them off with Ph 6.0 water.
1215172106.jpg
1215172107.jpg
1215172107b.jpg

Thanks PW, they put on a little bit of new growth while they sat in the dark! I marked the tips of a few branches on the net before the 24 hr dark, the average growth was around 2.25 inches over the last 36 hours.

Back
Top Bottom