Inkdot's Tangerine Dream Grow In Soil - LED/CFL

Flowering Day 7 update :yummy:

Hola! First week of flowering done, nine more to go! Time for another update before I retreat to the contry cottage for a week.

Finally I'm starting to see something that resembles buds. The topped plant is doing great. The untopped plant is getting some intervenial chlorosis on the leaves. Don't know what the problem is. Might just be an unlucky roll of the genetic dices from that particular seed because the conditions should be almost identical for both plants.

Overview

IMG_071718.JPG

Topped plant photos:

IMG_071915.JPG

IMG_072015.JPG

IMG_072513.JPG

IMG_072616.JPG

Untrained plant photos:

This one seems to have a little trouble, it's not all to bad I think and it's been like this almost since day one. The runt of the litter I suppose. Still she is growing and starting to produce so I'll see where she's at when I get back.

IMG_072218.JPG

IMG_072114.JPG

IMG_072715.JPG

IMG_072815.JPG

Looking forward to getting away a little bit for some fresh air and finishing my bronze age style petroglyph!

IMG_03069.JPG

Untill next time, peace! :peace:

Your ladies are coming along real nice!! Your first plant mos def looks more mature than mine. My buds resemble the size of your second plant, and i'm a week or so ahead of you. Keep up the good work :thumb:

them plants are changing so quick, cant wait to see how they end up, looks like your more than looking after them, nice work of art as well, you should do one for people growing these plants, just think in 1000 years time they will look at the art work and talk about mj,

Your ladies are coming along real nice!! Your first plant mos def looks more mature than mine. My buds resemble the size of your second plant, and i'm a week or so ahead of you. Keep up the good work :thumb:

Looking at your most recent photos that are 5-6 days old I'd say they have matured just as fast. :)

them plants are changing so quick, cant wait to see how they end up, looks like your more than looking after them, nice work of art as well, you should do one for people growing these plants, just think in 1000 years time they will look at the art work and talk about mj,

Hehe thats a really cool idea! If anyone sees it in 1000 years they will go like, "WTF! Cannabis grew up here back then? Must have been due to all that global warming going on back then."

sure would give people something to talk about, some under cover outdoor grow shown in pics, would love to come across something like that when i was out walking, really would turn a few heads, im trying to grow outdoor myself where i am, its been tough so far, only just started getting some sun and my plants where drowning in weeds, so i been weedking my secret out door grow, i could smell my out door plant but the grass was 3ft high and the weeds where everywhere so it took me 30min of carful weeding to find my plants, when i found them the one had died due to lack of sun, the other was also not getting any sun and leaves had turned yellow and it had stretched to try and get to the light, so i spent over an hour weeding and pulling up grass so now its getting the full sun, just hoping its enough to give me a decent plant when its finished.
the problem is the crappy weather we get here, not much good for these types of plants, but if it stays sunny like this then i should end up with some decent plant, next summer ill try doing autos outdoors but it depends how this last plant turns out

I don't know where you live but if it's in the north like me (scandinavia to not be too precise) I know people have success with vegging a month or so indoor during spring to give the plants a kickstart and then transplant them to the great outdoors once summer kicks in. Oh yeah, autoflower seems like a must. Summers here have like 20h light/day around midsummer.

Quite a different story then other parts of the world. Before I started this grow I was in northen India and this is what I saw in nearly every single road ditch growing wild! :)

IMG_05269.JPG
IMG_054414.JPG

Now I know why it's called weed hehe. :thumb:

Looking good Inkdot bro,
Yeah man yours defo got the Indica side in that pheno. Tops growing the same though. TD is some SWEEEET bud my friend. Yeh I also take off the leaves in the center when I top my plants. They look very similar to my Indica's and better than my TD. :goodjob: +Reps Bruv.

Flowering day 15 update

Thank you for the compliments JBC :yahoo:

Just came home from vacation and checked the plants first thing I did since I had been gone for 6 days and thought they might be dead or something.

Luckily they looked ok if not somewhat hangy and sad looking. They were like 'why did you leave us for so long you bastard!!!'. Anyway I took some pictures, then i watered them both with a full feeding, trimmed away some low dying leaves and also a few on the top to let more light through. After that I put them back in the closet and took some more pics.

These are mostly on the healthy topped plant

IMG_077513.JPG

IMG_077716.JPG

Bud_2_weeks.jpg

IMG_079614.JPG

Need advice!

The other plant is looking worse. The yellowing is not affecting old growth but already affected leaves have become worse during the time I was gone.

What is it? Some cal/mag def? Ph is as far as I can tell with my crappy paper strips over 6 but maybie a bit too low (I'd guess between 6.0 - 6.5). I know it's light related because growth that is shadowed is not affected. So my plant is light sensitive but I don't know if that is the problem or if it's a consequence of some nutrient deficiency.

IMG_078317.JPG

IMG_07829.JPG

IMG_079211.JPG

Look at the leaf close to the bottom right hand corner on the picture below. See those fan leaves with bleached bases and dark green upper halves? I pulled those out because they were covered by their neighbors and you can clearly see the difference between the areas that have been directly under the lights. The shadowed parts look fine, the rest of the leaf is bleached like all the other top leaves.

IMG_079915.JPG

I'll take more pictures tomorrow to see how they recover after the watering and feeding. If it looks interesting I'll post them here.

Peace! :yummy:

They look like light burns to me mate, especially if the parts covered by leaves are shaded with no burns. They might of grown a bit much in the 6 day abcence and been too close to the light during the stretch. Just raise lights.

Looking really good though, loving how your stretched on the tops , you'l have a fair few good logs there man. :Namaste:

They look like light burns to me mate, especially if the parts covered by leaves are shaded with no burns. They might of grown a bit much in the 6 day abcence and been too close to the light during the stretch. Just raise lights.

Looking really good though, loving how your stretched on the tops , you'l have a fair few good logs there man. :Namaste:

Thanks for the input JBC! :thumb:

I lowered the plant and put it closest to the opening in the closet where it is naturally more dark. I think still that it will not solve all problems. I think that particular plant is just a little sissy that can't tolerate anything close to one suns intensity, hehe. :)

Might look into installing a screen of some sort, similar to stretched out womens nylon stockings, to cover the sensitive plant if the problem keeps escalating because I can't raise the LED light more, and even if I could it is only 240 W panel and should be no problem for any healthy cannabis plant at this distance.

what you feeding? May be missing some micro nutes as its coming from the top leaves, iron or zinc deff. have a look in my blog, there a good picture solver.

I'm using Biobizz organic nutes, for regular NPK I use Bio-grow and Bio-Bloom, in conjuction I use Top Max and Bio Heaven.

Bio heaven contains most micro nutes, I mix about 2-3 ml per litre water and it contains the following: Ca (0.28%), Mg (0.20%), Fe (0.017%), Mn (0.001%), Zn (0.002%), B (0.018%), Cu (0.0001%) and Mo (0.0001%).

If there is a def I think it should probably be due to pH locking the nutes in the soil. I should probably invest in a real pH tester. I might be a little on the low end. I'm guessing from the color strips that the runoff is above 6 but lower then 6.5.

Yeah its well worth investing in one. They aren't expensive and stop all the confusion and guessing. I just got one and its fun using and keeps things nice and green.

If your using Organic nutes like biobizz, then they will be quite heavy and not as instant feed uptake as chem nutes.

Chem nutes are like Redbull for plants, they take them instant but crash fast and need feeding very soon after, whereas organic nutes take time to work into the soil and last for a long time. Not as much feeding is needed with organic nutes.

My TD went yellow on top and it was Iron, I fed it Ionic Boost which is a cheap boost with Iron in, it sorted it in a week max.

Day 18 photo update

Today I took the plants out to water. This time no ferts, just pure water, because I'm seeing some burned tips. It's a cloudy day so I decided to take some photos in the natural lights from my window in my kitchen.

I'm starting to fall in love with this strain the smell is amazing citrus fresh and almost a little spicy and I couldn't be more happy with how the bigger topped plant is doing growth wise and health wise except for the burned tips of course.

Topped plant
IMG_081812.JPG

IMG_081013.JPG

TD_bud_2_5_weeks.jpg

Light sensitive, untrained plant
IMG_082319.JPG

TD_bud_2_5_weeks_runt.jpg

Took some additional photos just before I put the plants back in the closet

IMG_082811.JPG
IMG_083212.JPG
IMG_083422.JPG

I'm gonna give the light sensitive plant the rest of the 'day off'. Put her at the floor just outside the grow closet to let her leaves rest a bit.

IMG_083513.JPG

Untill next time. Adios! :surf:

Looking good inkdot,
Budding really nice. If your still unsure about the leaves why not get some garden lime and add a small ammount to your soil mix , it should neutralize the medium a bit and give some natural cal/mag.

Update day 32 of flowering

Hello 420!

Things are not going so well at the moment. The topped plant has rapidly developed rust colored spots on all the active leaves followed by burned tips and accelerated yellowing. This started about 8-9 days ago I think.

At first I thought it was a deficiency so I watered with Bioheaven. It didn't help so then I though I had some build up in the soil that had reached toxic levels and gave her a flush of water. I didn't think the first flush was enough so yesterday I gave her a big 20 liter flush and all the water that came out at the bottom was quite brown. Figured there was too much stuff in there and maybie she had too much of some metals.

We'll see what happens with her now. Worst case I grow her untill she looks about ready to call quits and then harvest early. I've sampled a little bit already and the buds are starting to get potent.

IMG_085718.JPG

IMG_086320.JPG

IMG_086414.JPG

IMG_087212.JPG

I think what caused this problems is me watering with to little each time, not getting enough runoff to clean out the soil. The light burned plant is in a much smaller pot and did not get this problem. That's my theory at least.

The other plant that had some light problems is looking much better. She has recovered from the light burns and new growth is dark and vibrant. She also has some burnt leaf tips though. Don't know why.

IMG_086613.JPG

IMG_086817.JPG

IMG_086716.JPG

Hope I can get shit resolved soon. Because I can't exactly put any pics of these misfits in the POTM contest at the moment. :)

Peace :peace:

Back
Top Bottom