Inline fan question

Virandell

Hi I got 2 inline fans in the tent 1 for taking the airout connected with ducting it's 147m3 and the other one I am using instead of clip fan as its alot quieter it's just hanging in tent and mixing air but it's 100m3 I wonder if they will be not "biting" eachother ?
I also noticed slow growth in this grow and I wonder maybe it's becouse of those 2 fans its lack of co2 ?

if you are venting air out of the tent and creating negative pressure, new air has to be coming into the tent via the air flaps around the bottom. This fresh air is your source of co2. Moving that air around in the tent via the clip fan seems like a logical thing to do. If you are indeed having slow growth, I would look to another cause... how much light are you using? Are you watering correctly? Is it really slow growth or are you just anxious to get on with things? These are all questions I would ask before questioning the co2 level.

65w cob clu058 on around 30" defenetly not over watered humidity 65% temp aswell just right
IMG_20190826_102706.jpg

On the left 2x haze or the right 2x CBD

Do you have an intake fan as well as your exhaust fan? Intake should come in at the bottom of tent while the exhaust is fed out the top as heat rises..
Plants need a constant flow of air circulation as i found out the hard way on my first grow. Good luck with your grow

Do you have an intake fan as well as your exhaust fan? Intake should come in at the bottom of tent while the exhaust is fed out the top as heat rises..
Plants need a constant flow of air circulation as i found out the hard way on my first grow. Good luck with your grow
Nah I just got 1 hole open in my tent and it's taking fresh air and the other fan I am just using for mixing air but I been thinking is it alright

You need exhaust, and circulation. Sounds like you have both. If you can, have the one hanging blow down on the plants.
Yee that's what I mean sorry it's my English :D and the other one is blowing on plants yes but I been wondering maybe that the problem that one is blowing on plants Black Orchid Axial-Flo Fan - Various Sizes - Straight up Hydroponics

And that one working as exhaust and taking fresh air - Black Orchid Mixed Flo In Line Ducting Extractor Fan Hydroponics 6" 150mm 5060407916712 | eBay

And maybe that's the problem of slow growth? becouse 2 of them are sucking air (one is taking it out and second is sucking air aswell and blowing at plants) maybe I should buy one like that ? 6" 12V CLIP ON CAR OSCILLATING FAN 2M CABLE SPEED CONTROLLER TRUCK VAN COOLING N | eBay
And the only reason I chose that one is very quiet I have 1 fan in Clip and all my tent it's just shaking and it's 2x louder

I use little 8 inch (~20cm) oscillating fans. I start with two, then add a third one if needed. They run off of usb ports, and are pretty quiet. They don't put up a wind storm, but do a decent enough job of circulating the air.

Combine that with a super quiet inline fan, and boom. My inline fan is a 6inch (~15cm) AC Infinity. Super, super quiet. The flow is set up like this: Carbon filter -> fan (these are inside the grow space) -> ducting running outside the space and away.

Intakes are passive, and I open them just enough to create a nice negative pressure. Not too much, but just enough to keep things flowing well. The carbon filter is opposite the intakes, to encourage cross-flow.

I also have another small fan (8inch) under the canopy on the floor, and it's direction is set to blow across the intake flow a bit. Kind of mixes the air all up and such.

Those clip-on usb fans are great. Really low power consumption, really low noise. The price isn't too bad either, and easily pay for themselves in about two grows, if not sooner depending on what the power usage was of previous fans.

I bought a special power strip that has several USB outlets on it. I'd have to look, but I think there are 6 USB outlets total. I did have to get some USB cable extenders, but those are pretty cheap.

I use little 8 inch (~20cm) oscillating fans. I start with two, then add a third one if needed. They run off of usb ports, and are pretty quiet. They don't put up a wind storm, but do a decent enough job of circulating the air.

Combine that with a super quiet inline fan, and boom. My inline fan is a 6inch (~15cm) AC Infinity. Super, super quiet. The flow is set up like this: Carbon filter -> fan (these are inside the grow space) -> ducting running outside the space and away.

Intakes are passive, and I open them just enough to create a nice negative pressure. Not too much, but just enough to keep things flowing well. The carbon filter is opposite the intakes, to encourage cross-flow.

I also have another small fan (8inch) under the canopy on the floor, and it's direction is set to blow across the intake flow a bit. Kind of mixes the air all up and such.

Those clip-on usb fans are great. Really low power consumption, really low noise. The price isn't too bad either, and easily pay for themselves in about two grows, if not sooner depending on what the power usage was of previous fans.

I bought a special power strip that has several USB outlets on it. I'd have to look, but I think there are 6 USB outlets total. I did have to get some USB cable extenders, but those are pretty cheap.
I been thinking about them usb fans actually aswell sounds like a good idea actually and Yee I got 1 inline which is carbon->ducting->fan->ducting and just intake passive + I got that inline fan which is 4" and it's making for circulating air it's abit less powerful than that what I am using with carbon filter and this is actually the question if I can use it for that purpose becouse both of them are sucking air :D

I been thinking about them usb fans actually aswell sounds like a good idea actually and Yee I got 1 inline which is carbon->ducting->fan->ducting and just intake passive + I got that inline fan which is 4" and it's making for circulating air it's abit less powerful than that what I am using with carbon filter and this is actually the question if I can use it for that purpose becouse both of them are sucking air :D

I could have went with a 4" fan for my space (according to the whole cubic space by flow equation stuff) but went with 6" instead. I just turn the speed down which actually turned out great. Less speed = less noise and power consumption. (Although I have to say, even at full speed the AC Infinity fan hardly uses squat.)

The usb fans were more for power consumption, and trying to minimize as much as possible, but without under doing the setup. With all the fans, air pumps, water pump, etc I'll be sitting under 80w for everything, excluding my main lights (~710w from the wall on 100% power) when I fire up the new hydro setup. I'll run the light at 50% in veg to start, and see how it goes from there.

Growing is really fun, and I enjoy it, but I love the fun that comes with putting together systems too. :D

Back
Top Bottom