Insane420 Goes Organic - 3rd Grow - AK48 & King's Kush!

The airpump is made by hydrofarm. Here is a link:

Hydrofarm - Active Air AAPA45L Commercial Air Pump with 6 outlets, 45 lt per minute

Thanks for keeping up with my journal !

Thanks for the link. Man, your garden looks so good, I can't help but look at it (and learn some things at the same time). I don't plan to grow inside anytime soon, but studying your grow makes a novice like me see some of the growth characteristics of the strains you are growing.

Keeps the pics coming. :reading420magazine:

Thanks for the link. Man, your garden looks so good, I can't help but look at it (and learn some things at the same time). I don't plan to grow inside anytime soon, but studying your grow makes a novice like me see some of the growth characteristics of the strains you are growing.

Keeps the pics coming. :reading420magazine:

Thanks for the kind words brother! I am still a novice myself and following these forums has taught me a whole lot. Looking forward to seeing what you can do when you finally make the plunge.

Peace :peace:

Update - Bloom Day 16:

I swapped out my second 600watt hps for a 1000 watter and I can see the difference it is making as far as greater light penetration into the canopy. I also trimmed out a good bit of the underneath growth from the plants to allow better air movement and as well as trying to avoid a bunch of popcorn bud. The Bubba Kush x Blue Cheese hybrids are coming along great. So far 5 out of 6 are female and the remaining plant has not shown me its sex yet. I like the soil mix and amendments so far, but I am seeing that it is necessary to supplement the magnesium on a couple plants and I have decided to stick with EWC/BSM tea feedings every other feeding. Still looking for a name for these hybrids if anyone has any suggestions.

Pics:

Organic-Bloom-Day16-7.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-8.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-6.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-5.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-4.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-3.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-2.jpg
Organic-Bloom-Day16-1.jpg

Looking delish! Clean! Man I can't wait for my 1st set of buds to show.

Plants are looking great, very healthy. Props man!

SG

I'm in and watchin' in earnest. They're lookin' lush insane420!

:hookah:

Thanks for all the compliments - really do appreciate people following my journal :Rasta:

Was just looking at that picture and noticed the inline at the bottom of the grow area, is that bringing air in?

SG

The inline scrubber is only scrubbing the air in the room since I am running a sealed room. Have to keep the air fresh :)

Peace !

Bloom Day 22 !

The plants are really moving along now. I trimmed up a good bit of undergrowth and most of it has come back in force. I still have one GWS that is giving me fits, but I will just keep dealing with it. The hybrid seedlings have given me 6 out of 6 females now and I have transplanted most of them to larger pots. I am still feeding them EWC/BSM brew every other watering. So far they are on track and looking great. Now I just hope the hybrids remain hermie free !!

OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-5.jpg
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-2.jpg
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-4.jpg
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-3.jpg
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-6.jpg

Trainwreck mother was so big I decided to bloom her under a dedicated 600watt light :). My wife is never getting her closet completely back !
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-7.jpg
OrganicGrow-BloomDay22-1.jpg

Hello,

This journal is the start of my third official grow. After months of debating whether to swich over to the Ebb & Grow system or go completely organic, I decided to go with the latter for personal reasons. This has inspired by the work of several members on this site, plus a bunch of researching on other sites.

Strain: 5 Femmed Nirvana AK 48 and 5 Femmed GHS King's Kush.

Soil Mix:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat (Premier Brand)
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings (Rabbit Hill)
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Nutrients: This will be a series of guano's, kelp, worm castings, and black strap molasses. This will vary depending on seedling, veg, and bloom.

The ladies look absolutely gorgeous.So what are you feeding them these days. I am interested in organic soil so give up the goods on what's working so well.:):grinjoint:

The ladies look absolutely gorgeous.So what are you feeding them these days. I am interested in organic soil so give up the goods on what's working so well.:):grinjoint:

5 parts SPM
3 parts perlite
2 parts EWC
1 cup dolomite lime
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup Jersey Green Sand

1 part = 3 quarts so the total is exactly 1 cubic foot.

I also feed them a compost tea that is very simple:

5 gallons or RO water (not tap)
1 cup of Earth Worm Castings
5 TBS of Unsulphored Blackstrap Molasses.

This is brewed for 24 hours then I feed immediately. I rotate this every other watering. This compost tea helps keeps the soil biology well fed and is a good source of magnesium. I decided against using guano's because in some areas of the world where the stuff is collected it's a vanishing resource and the companies don't exactly follow the fair trade principles.

Thanks for reading!

Peace

5 parts SPM
3 parts perlite
2 parts EWC
1 cup dolomite lime
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup Jersey Green Sand

1 part = 3 quarts so the total is exactly 1 cubic foot.

I also feed them a compost tea that is very simple:

5 gallons or RO water (not tap)
1 cup of Earth Worm Castings
5 TBS of Unsulphored Blackstrap Molasses.

This is brewed for 24 hours then I feed immediately. I rotate this every other watering. This compost tea helps keeps the soil biology well fed and is a good source of magnesium. I decided against using guano's because in some areas of the world where the stuff is collected it's a vanishing resource and the companies don't exactly follow the fair trade principles.

Thanks for reading!

Peace

When I was a boy, bats lived in the attic and the ceiling would bulge down from the guano or bat shit like we use to call it. Once a year I would climb into the attic with my father and help him clean it out. We had huge mounds of it in my yard. Imagine it is being sold for money these days.

I also do a compost tea with cooked horse manure, blood meal, and molasses, but have been feeding the girls only once a month. I like your beginning soil. It should have a good slow release of nutes over the entire growing period. If you don't mind, I think I will try your mix when transplanting my clones.

I have a worm bin going but won't harvest any castings for a few more months. I also have a cubic yard compost heap that s/b ready for next season.

I really dig that you are consistent with your formula and achieving great results. :bravo: Peace!

When I was a boy, bats lived in the attic and the ceiling would bulge down from the guano or bat shit like we use to call it. Once a year I would climb into the attic with my father and help him clean it out. We had huge mounds of it in my yard. Imagine it is being sold for money these days.

I also do a compost tea with cooked horse manure, blood meal, and molasses, but have been feeding the girls only once a month. I like your beginning soil. It should have a good slow release of nutes over the entire growing period. If you don't mind, I think I will try your mix when transplanting my clones.

I have a worm bin going but won't harvest any castings for a few more months. I also have a cubic yard compost heap that s/b ready for next season.

I really dig that you are consistent with your formula and achieving great results. :bravo: Peace!

You can use the soil mix all you want. I was not my creation - I got this from another cannabis forum I read a lot because the community has a very large organic following. I am hoping the organics section will get bigger on these boards as well and from the sound of it, you have a pretty good handle on organics already. :smokin:

You can use the soil mix all you want. I was not my creation - I got this from another cannabis forum I read a lot because the community has a very large organic following. I am hoping the organics section will get bigger on these boards as well and from the sound of it, you have a pretty good handle on organics already. :smokin:

I am familiar with organic gardening but have no experience with ganja. Still learning what and how it responds to different combinations of nutrients. I have not grown inside yet, but anticipate doing so this winter, even if it is only to start seeds early for transplanting outside.

Maybe a few of us organic enthusiasts will help build up the organic forum here. It has been an interesting journey so far. :peace:

Update - Bloom Day 28.

The stretch has stopped and I learned some important things this round - the recipe I listed works pretty well, but a few plants stretched considerably and required more supplemental feedings. A few could have used some more nitrogen based teas and I have also been fighting some magnesium deficiencies in 2 plants. Otherwise, the plants have thrived in the base soil with just water and supplemental EWC/BSM teas. The hybrid seedlings have also stretched considerably, and 1 has been suffering some "clawing" effect that I believe is just too much nitrogen. The others are looking great and very healthy, just waiting for the budding to start. The trainwreck mother I am blooming out has turned out to be an absolute beast. There are so many bud sites and formation looks very sativa dominate. I am guessing this one will go longer than my previous trainwreck grows, but should be well worth the wait.

Pics:

OrganicGrow-BloomDay28-1.jpg

OrganicGrow-BloomDay28-2.jpg

This is one of my problem girls - GWS. You can see the interveinal chlorosis. I have begun supplementing a TBS of epsom salts per gallon of water for this one. She also has some nitrogen deficiencies that came about from the early flower stretch. There has been improvement and through all the deficiencies, this lady still seems to be fairly healthy.

OrganicGrow-BloomDay28-4.jpg

Here is a pretty decent visual chart I got from another site that helps with baseline troubleshooting.

11083Picture_3-med.png

Here is the trainwreck mother - I am getting all fuzzy inside just thinking about her possibilities.

OrganicGrow-BloomDay28-5.jpg

Here is a pic of my latest batch of compost tea I have brewing - this batch has really foamed up nicely!! I have gone back on my no guano rule, but I needed some fast acting nitrogen sources to help address the nitrogen deficiencies that came about during the early flower stretch. The guano source is Peruvian Sea Bird (high nitrogen) and Indonesian (high phosphorus - The Jamaican Guanos sources are the most indangered atm so I wont be using it).

OrganicGrow-BloomDay28-CompostTea.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom