Inside Out Grow 2016 - Jack Herer - Blue God & Afghani

Which pheno type will be the best of them all?

• Blue God Pheno 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Herer Pheno 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I read my reply - I got curious.

What if an auto is started on 20/4 light schedule, grown for a month, then limited to 14/10 for a couple of weeks, then switched back to 20/4.

Would the plant stretch during the darker period, and then REALLY put out over the next 6-8 weeks. I'm thinking more room = more buds.

Anyone try this?

Curiosity is what leads to discovery. Only one way to find out my friend... I'm sure someone has tried it but to have it on record for everyone to see I would doubt it. It's a logical concept, and I would tend to agree with you. I grow 24/7 for the first 2 weeks with autos, then move to 19/5 till the finish.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

ask and ye shall receive :blalol:

3 months of growing from seed, and they are getting big. The Blue Gods and our immigrants (Afghans) are doing well outside. The autos are done. I've kept one in the ground as an experiment, I want to take it as long as she'll go reasonably.

Nutes are switching to bloom now. The plants are starting to show pistils, and are already smelling great. Most of the plants are over 6' now, with the best at 7' :icon_cool

On to the show!

This one is a little stringy. Didn't have the best of sun, but, this year was expected. I need to do alot of work yet to get full sun in this area. Thought I'd try it out anyhow...
IMG_20160706_102715.jpg

For scale, the rebar posts (deer countermeasure) are about 80" - or 6 1/2' tall....
IMG_20160706_102757.jpg

A great plant in its' native environment.....this bad girl is about 6' tall, has amazing sun, and has 13 bud sites....
IMG_20160706_103242.jpg

Fan leaves are around 10" now....
IMG_20160706_103143.jpg

And finally our immigrants in time lapse. The Blue God furthest away turned out to be a male (dammit), I'm surprised I got it wrong. The previous afghan that's now gone wasn't the strongest, and in a rookie mistake, I planted it too close together anyway. I've never grown outdoors. The scale versus growing indoors is crazy. As in the scouts, "Be Prepared!"
IMG_20160605_174728.jpg
IMG_20160620_145259.jpg
IMG_20160706_103503.jpg

The afghans are 4'-5' tall now. So much for the 'short bushy' features of and indica heirloom :allgood:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Harvest time!!!!!

It's been awhile posting, this grow has been so edjumakational - outdoor is not indoor growing :)

The lack of progress reports is solely on me. I had some snaps and such along the way, but, some time given to friends and business of the world conspired to keep me away from posting. And my laziness.

I've been smoking the Jack now for about a month - good, solid, dope. It's continuing its' cure, and smells like a mix between mango and sandalwood. The effects are a great balance between the physical and psychoactive.

Truly, the best smoke in the world is the one that you grow.

Let's try and make this right, and see how the immigrants (Afghanis) and the locals (JOTI Blue Gods) have done.

The afghanis rocked, steady all the way through. Easy to grow, they had alot of sunshine in their location. The challenge was two very distinct phenos. The first pheno was a traditional indica, with a huge main cola with lower side branches. The second pheno was bushy, with a well rounded distribution of flowers. Here's a picture of them getting close to harvest....this is about 3 weeks from harvest....
IMG_20160821_170709_hdr.jpg

You can tell which is which. The one on the left was giving a few issues with mold. There was a couple of places I had to clear out and trim. Not much, but, if you don't get on it.....

Some local growers advised me on the climate and conditions here. At 50 degrees latitude, things can happen fast. The thickness of the main cola wasn't a problem, but the side branches seemed susceptible to bud rot near the second knuckle. Even in full sun. I cleaned out where things were starting, but given a week of forecast rain, my friendly neighbor (see below) suggested I pull it before the sun came back, otw I'd end up with a petrie dish :p

So, the axe was swung. Here's the result
IMG_20160921_081253.jpg

Got about 8 ounces from it, not as good as hoped, but 8 ounces better than I had :D

The bushy one is still in the ground. The buds are smaller, but, there is no sign of mold on it anywhere. It smells like Jesus farted. I mean, there is nothing that compares to a plant in the latter days. A guy can put his head in a bag of dry dope, and appreciate it. The smell from a fresh girl finishing up is indescribable. Woody, incense, hash, chocolate....it's got it all.

Better yet, she's giving up some color. White, and black....
IMG_20160921_081101.jpg
IMG_20160920_182321_edit.jpg
IMG_20160921_081149.jpg

Resin is really nice. Temperatures are in the 7-9 celsius range now at night. She's still filling out. I suspect we're gonna make budder out of her when she's done. Probably in the next couple of days.

Unlike the auto Jack Herer from Crop King - which gave us many colors of the rainbow - the immigrants are black on white. Very formal! Black tie only!
:party:

Of the Blue Gods, only one finished. A couple of them got over 8' in height, but they would not have finished this season. Too little sunshine, too long of days before the cold came. Except, one exception. She done good. I've got maybe 10 ounces from her dry - last couple of days have been a trim fest. Sigh. Not my favorite thing. But, perhaps I'll learn to love it.

My neighbor who has been growing for the past 30 years came over for some beers and a visit. He spent an hour with me - giving me insights and thoughts on my plants. He showed me how to pinch leaves, and how to get the most yield from a plant in the last month. It helped me finish up, and defo makes trimming easier.

He's gonna end up with a couple of ounces. And Mr. Neighbor - if you are reading this - a heartfelt thank you for your time. A shared experience and transfer of knowledge - given freely and with respect - is deeply appreciated.

This next picture was just before we pinched a ton of leaves off of it. It got another week without the baggage, and really filled out.

IMG_20160831_191517_edit_1_.jpg

And a green lightsabre!
IMG_20160916_114928_1_.jpg

Here's what the bushy one looks like as of this morning. Some dew on it, but the trichs look pretty milky. I'm assuming they could go a little longer until we see amber. This is a guess tho. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know....
IMG_20160921_081101_edit_edit.jpg

Look out 2017 - I'm gonna get better at this :)
IMG_20160921_083518_1_.jpg

That's too bad you needed to early chop that one. Those buds look sweet, imagine a couple more week... Oh well, like your friend said A week of rain at this point the is not ideal. Hope your mold situation doesn't spread, keep an eye out for it. I have to say though, those are some great looking outdoor beauties. Keep us posted on the blue God,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Hooray! Happy update to report!

Mother nature and out last immigrant co-operated. The final Afghani was a little lighter in buds, and I had taken a whack of foliage off for its' last week in the ground. Had to pinch one bud site that had mold, but it was small and easily dealt with. So, I decided to leave it in the ground for as long as possible.

Since then, we've been sunny and clear. It's getting to near 40 degrees at night here, but all is good. I chopped the main cola and some hefty side branches last night, going to get the last of the plant in and drying today.

Color changes have been epic :riskybusiness: and the resin has really come out. The aroma is just as epic. Here's some snaps from yesterday morning. I'm going to post a couple more before the rest of it comes down.
IMG_20160929_093330_hdr_edit.jpg
IMG_20160928_184342_edit_edit.jpg

Thanks to the curing forums, I have a better idea of what to do. We'd lost 2 jars of the Jack autoflower to mold, I had been glass curing for a couple of weeks, burping them regularly. I left it for a few days, thinking we were good....nope. Bam, it happened that quick.

So, put all of the outdoor regular harvest into paper bags after initial trimming and drying. We're gonna dry them out completely, burping daily, and then jar and rehydrate with some humidity packs to 63%.

Here's the bags (total north of 16 oz!!!! Woohoo!), and a close up of our Privada Reserva - the best buds from the longest growing Afghani. I can hardly wait!

Good thing we have 2 ounces of the Crop King Jack Herer left. The 2 plants that finished gave us just over 4 ounces :battingeyelashes:

IMG_20161009_153759.jpg

IMG_20161009_153829.jpg

Back
Top Bottom