Iron Chef Challenge

Which strain will be the "secret ingredient"?

• Pineapple Express (PG)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Super Lemon Haze (PG)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Lucy, aka Senorita El Esdee (OMM)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Frisian Dew (OMM)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Strawberry Cough (TS)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Blueberry (TS)

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
Jozo-Sha and myself have been talking about doing a grow challenge “Iron Chef” style. Since the premise of the show is to take two chefs with different cooking styles (Italian, Chinese, Japanese etc…) and pit them a timed battle to see who rules supreme.

The rules are pretty straight forward. Each episode starts with the introduction of the “secret ingredient” it is then up to each chef to use whatever skill he has and the items in his kitchen to produce the award winning meal.

We have asked three of our esteemed members to provide their top choices for the “secret Ingredient”. The poll listed above are those strains, it is now up to you, the members to decide which strain we will use.

Our three judges are (in no particular order):
OldMedMan (OMM)
TortureSoul (TS)
Propa Gator (PG)

The rules:
In this battle SteveHman will represent as Iron Grower Water (hydro), and Jozo-Sha will represent as Iron Grower Dirt (soil).

Strain - We will each order 5 femmed seeds from the same seed bank and put all 5 to germinate.
· We can only use the 5 seeds purchased, if they don’t all germ, then you have less to work with
· No cloning will be allowed. Each final plant must be finished from seed (each grower may use cutting to produce clones for future grows however)

Media- Each grower will utilize the media they feel most comfortable with

Lights - There are no restrictions on the amount or types of light used.

Space – Each grower will restrict his grow to a space not to exceed 4x4 feet, this will allow for a gram-per-foot comparison

Timeline - Growers will germinate their seeds on a specified day and will have a designated harvest date (based on strain) that all plants will be cut on. Timing will be a factor on this, there are no points given for finishing early. The timeline will be established as 4 weeks for veg and the recommended days of flowering for the strain.

Nutrients – Any nutrients may be used throughout the contest.

Judging Criteria:

Our three judges will determine the winner based on 4 criteria:
· Yield – grams-per-foot
· Appearance—each grower will provide 2 close-up pictures of their prized bud and best looking plant
· Style—how each grower achieved their results
· Taste—I wish we could send samples out for testing, but we will have to provide unbiased smoke reports from local judges on this one.

So, once the poll is completed (I’ll pick an arbitrary date of Oct 2 to close the poll), we will purchase our seeds and the Judges will drop their hands in a chopping motion, and in their best samurai voice shout “ala cuisine”

this is a great idea, im in when does it start.
We'll order the "secret ingredient" the week of Oct 2nd after the results of the poll are completed (mods, I forgot to put a closing date for the 2nd, can you update the poll?).

I have a grow in my tent that will be finished the last week of Oct, so if we get the seeds the 2nd week we can pop them and they should be ready for the tents by the first week of Nov. Should have it finished by Christmas, give or take a week.

Excellent idea, can't wait to follow along. Lucy, you better start "splaining"

I'm subbed again Steve. This should be massive fun for the two of you. I have no doubt that this will be fun over the next 3-4 months. Best of luck to you and Jozo on this. I gotta root for the dirt worker.... It's my preference for a medium. But, no matter how this goes, I know the two of you will kick ass, and this should be a killer thread in another 6 weeks or so HAHA!!!>.. C U guys then!!

I'm pretty amped up for this also; should be a great competition and a learning experience for me for sure! :peace:

Since I'll never be MotM, maybe I can sucker 420 into changing my handle after this to "Iron Grower Dirt" :rofl:

:bongrip: - JZ

Haha, love this. Best of luck to the both of ya!

I'm pretty amped up for this also; should be a great competition and a learning experience for me for sure! :peace:

Since I'll never be MotM, maybe I can sucker 420 into changing my handle after this to "Iron Grower Dirt" :rofl:

:bongrip: - JZ

Heh, JZ. well maybe this contest should come with an added moniker for the winner,
"Grow with the IRON PANTIES Champ"!!

at any rate, i can't wait for the competition to begin...

:popcorn:. cool

Back
Top Bottom