Is it a boy or a girl?

davidson2354

Hey guys, i wanted to ask you a question regarding one of my grows this summer.
I have been growing only auto-feminized plants at the moment, but I found a good seed some weeks ago on a bag of weed. It grew really quickly, germinated fast like an auto and now it's starting to show some signs of gender. The plant was "born" on the 18th of June, so it's gowing to its going to its 3rd week in veg. And its an outdoor-balcony grow. It doesnt have any white pistils yet of course, but it shows some pistils already. Im not sure if these would be the pistils that male develop before the sack balls appear or if it will develop, eventually, the white indicating its a girl or if its undetermined at the moment. Its growing on a small pot for better control, but its roots are starting to come off already so eventually ill have to move it to a bigger pot outside. One thing that I noticed is that it doesnt smell much of "weed" at the moment, the smell is really light almost undetectable. Does this info matter on knowing the gender? Ill have to be able to identify it correctly and in case of male get rid of it so as not to fuck up my girls outside.
Thank you very much guys for any help given.
All photos below.
f913.JPG
f813.JPG
f713.JPG
f615.JPG
f521.JPG
f424.JPG
f326.JPG
f234.JPG
f1411.JPG
f1311.JPG
f1214.JPG
f1114.JPG
f1012.JPG
f157.JPG

You wont be able to tell gender until the plant is mature and starts preflowering. For a lot of photoperiod plants, this wont happen until a week or so after you switch your lighting to 12/12. They can also start to show sex under veg lighting if they are vegged passed the point of maturity.

Thanks guys for the answers, actually I feel a bit stupid lol
Its too early yes and considering its a normal seed it would have been too early to know that.
Guess I just wanna know before-hand in case any pollinization happens.
Hopefully its a girl :)

Will I have alot of time before its able to identify some future balls or whatever till when the sacks actually open and screw my girls? I know theres not a specific answer for this but just to be prepared :)
Thanks again!

At my latitude (Oregon), and with a mature plant, pistils start forming toward the end of July for the strains I've grown. Since yours is young, it might be a little behind that, but I bet you'll see early evidence in about a month. :goodluck:

I have another quick question. I have an auto-female outdoor in its current 6th week, flowering for 2, 2 1/2 weeks. My question is, is there a specific period in which females are able to polinized or it can be during the whole process of the plant? For example, if my auto is getting in to the last 2 weeks of flowering when its almost mature and ready will she still be subjected to the polinizing if my normal plant turns out to be male?

If they are both flowering yes, but dont think you have any reason to worry, if you see a ball sac just remove the plant, after all, it does take quite some time for sacs to mature and open up, if you are checking on them daily there is no way in hell you will miss it :)

so let´s say that i have a female with 1 week left to start trimming process, can the plant still be polinized and start to produce seeds instead of flowers? How does it work? Would a plant that old stop flowering and start to produce seeds or would the flowering just stop at all with no seeds? Since the plant is reaching its final days of life..
Thanks for the info man

so let´s say that i have a female with 1 week left to start trimming process, can the plant still be polinized and start to produce seeds instead of flowers? How does it work? Would a plant that old stop flowering and start to produce seeds or would the flowering just stop at all with no seeds? Since the plant is reaching its final days of life..
Thanks for the info man

Chances are you would harvest before any viable seeds were formed. But yes, assuming there was no harvest window, if a female receives pollen, she will start producing seeds. Even feminized seeds if flowered long enough, will attempt to hermie and produce its own seeds in order to carry on its genetic line.

Those are stipules :thumb: Too young to tell gender yet :goodjob:

Hello again, I bring news from the green world. The time has come for the revelation. And I think it's a boy.... :(

I found out today the plant developed some tiny little balls beside the stipules.
Got the camera and this is the result:
Do the white pistils from females appear right away as the sack itself? Should I wait to see if its still coming out or is this witouth a doubt a male plant?

Thank You so Much Again! :)

IMG_0013282.JPG
IMG_0018251.JPG
IMG_0023198.JPG
IMG_0024196.JPG
zoomed_in.png

Also if this plant really is male, and by the stage development it is now, how much time do you guys say that I have before the plant starts to pollinate around like crazy?

I have another question aswell. As I have stated before I have an auto feminized blueberry growing alongside this plant both outdoors. She is in her 9th week, so 2 more weeks and it's trimming time. My question is this, if my normal plant is indeed a male, could it be possible to pollinate my blueberry feminzed to produce seeds that could also be "feminized-autos" ? So she would produce her own auto seeds, 3 months growing time etc..

Another question, I read before that sometimes cloning a male plant can make it become female for some reason i dont know or remember. Is it true?

I would wait another day or two before making a call on sex. They don't mature that quick that they would open. It will happen quickly if it is a male...so ck the plants a few times a day. As soon as it looks like mine then get rid of it

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice which is mostly theory right now til I get practical experience.

davidson , get rid of the male as soon as you identify it . wash your hands before you touch another plant ..... you will be looking for either

male :
p146.jpg

female :
female141.jpg

good luck

still too early to tell. you've got plenty of time, just wait until it's obvious. the male flower doesn't open and spread pollen until it's mature. this early male and female look very similar.

still too early to tell. you've got plenty of time, just wait until it's obvious. the male flower doesn't open and spread pollen until it's mature. this early male and female look very similar.

You're right and good news everyone! Theres white hairs coming out of that supposed male ball sack.
Ill be uploading some photos too. Im so happy :)

Back
Top Bottom