Is it worth doing a journal?

Bigworm1982

Hello everyone,

Considering starting a new journal when my current one completes here in about 2 weeks but since that journal did not seem to interest anyone i figured id start here.

So if this does not get any attention ill complete the last journal and move on, if i get some solid feedback i will start a new one.

These are the strains to be considered, please help decied what gets the next journal.

DNA Genetics Sorbet Collection Sour Sorbet
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix
£26.82
710 Genetics Seeds Dreamcatcher
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 03 seeds
£16.99
710 Genetics Seeds Super Stinky
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 03 seeds
£17.99
Vision Seeds Northern Lights
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix
£8.96
FEMINIZED UFO #1 Freedom of Seeds Godberry

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
T H Seeds La S.A.G.E.

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
The Plug Seedbank Sorbet

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Karma Genetics Seeds White OG S1

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
House of the Great Gardener Seeds Barbara Bud

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
DNA Genetics Sorbet Collection Sorbet Dreams

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Dutch Passion Seeds Bubba Island Kush

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Dinafem Seeds Quick Critical +

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Kannabia Seeds Diesel Glue aka BCN Diesel

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
G13 Labs Seeds Blue OG

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Humboldt Seed Organization Three Blue Kings

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Barneys Farm Seeds Strawberry Lemonade

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
710 Genetics Seeds Fruity Widow

Now the journal will follow 2 strains from this list, so if your into seeing it grow pick 2.

Journals are funny... you have to entice people to read them somehow. Some people do that with their personal name recognition being in the title, some to it by mentioning exotic strains and some do it by highlighting a particular technique or experiment they are doing during that grow, so as to learn something or prove a technique in a side by side experiment. These are the types of grows that people seem to flock to rather than just a step by step description of a normal uneventful grow. They say it is all in the title, and the first page of the journal... that is where you grab them and make them come back to see what else you are going to do.
I do follow a lot of journals, but I only have two eyes and can't join them all. I tend to stay out of perpetual journals or journals that do not try to show us something new. I will check out your journals and see what you are doing, and I apologize for not getting in there sooner. Sorry you have seen a lack of support so far... I am sure it is just an accident.. it has been busy for a lot of us lately around the holidays. :peace::love:

Journals are funny... you have to entice people to read them somehow. Some people do that with their personal name recognition being in the title, some to it by mentioning exotic strains and some do it by highlighting a particular technique or experiment they are doing during that grow, so as to learn something or prove a technique in a side by side experiment. These are the types of grows that people seem to flock to rather than just a step by step description of a normal uneventful grow. They say it is all in the title, and the first page of the journal... that is where you grab them and make them come back to see what else you are going to do.
I do follow a lot of journals, but I only have two eyes and can't join them all. I tend to stay out of perpetual journals or journals that do not try to show us something new. I will check out your journals and see what you are doing, and I apologize for not getting in there sooner. Sorry you have seen a lack of support so far... I am sure it is just an accident.. it has been busy for a lot of us lately around the holidays. :peace::love:

Thanks for the support, i just thought instede of a long drawn out journal on every strain in my garden i would do a few at a time. Lack of interest makes it hard to want to go into detail i guess.

If you see something on the list anyone would like to see vote on it.

A journal is an essential tool for the grower. Whether to post it here, or keep it private is the grower's choice. If posted here, it becomes a handy reference for others when help is required. I posted my first here, and keep the rest on my PC. They'd be encrypted with an infinite length key if necessary.

None of the strains listed are of personal interest. I'm looking at Cream & Cheese CBD, and Nightingale for my summer grows.

As for suggestions on strains. DNA has never let me down. So that should be at least one of your strains. While lots of breeders are hit and miss. DNA genetics always come out really solid.

About the Journals. I have started and not finished a lot of Journals. Mostly not finished lol. I like you found they didn't generate much interest. Then I started using journals more for me than for others. It really helps to type out your thoughts. It is amazing what you can work out arguing with yourself.

The biggest thing is you need to keep updating it even if no one is looking. By keeping it current you can watch your own progress plus it keeps your journal near the top of the "Journals" list. With so many journals it doesn't take long for your updated journal to drop to page 2. People rarely search much farther than the first page on threads. Over time people will show up. It is best to find something to post every day. There is always something going on in a grow tent to discuss.

Do the journal if only for yourself. A lot of us who are in journals never really venture out of the ones we follow, so pop in other's journals and introduce yourself or we might not know you have one. Plenty of supportive growers here :passitleft:

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Humboldt Seed Organization Three Blue Kings

FREEFreebie/BOGOF
Barneys Farm Seeds Strawberry Lemonade

My votes.

Alright choices have been made thanks for all the input. The new journal will begin shortly.

Here are our choices,
0121191821_HDR_noexif.jpg

Since barneys farm is a new advertiser i will run a couple of strains from them, gotta say im not affiliated with them at all just a happy customer. My vanilla kush is outstanding .

Back
Top Bottom