Is sunbathing in late flower beneficial?

AKgramma

Since I live in the Far North, and winter is moving in really fast, I like to take advantage of the occasional sunshine coming in through the living room window. I put the plants on my wheeled walker and chase the sunbeam around until it goes away.

I know this is beneficial to plants in veg, but am I wasting my time with a lady who is showing frost and is long past any new veg growth?

In Alaska in the city, it has to be an indoor grow, unfortunately. No other way to secure them. So, when their lights on-period coincides with a sunny day, and I remember to do so, I bring the ladies and clones out of their "tents" to bask in REAL light.

Are you using hps light in the tent? It might be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really but even so I get a good feeling having natural sunlight on them. I do the same when I'm cleaning or working on room and the sun is shining in I put my biggest one in the light for a while.

Ricky: I use 23Wcfls (a lot of them) for economy's sake, and to keep the heat down.

Richard: I can't grow or display outdoors at all, because of the neighbors, some of whom would LOVE to help themselves to my Ladies, and because it's too cold. Plus the law specifically states that our personal grows must be concealed so no passersby can see them.

Am fighting an outbreak of mites. The 3-in-1 organic spray isn't doing much except drying the leaves out, so I'm heading for Lowe's to get some neem oil. Going organic as much as I can to keep the final product clean. I'm hoping to keep Medusa alive long enough to harvest her buds, and her clones healthy enough to grow out to flowering size.

All of them seemed to enjoy the sunbath yesterday. I might only have another day or two of sunshine before the rain, and possible snow clouds move in.

Should I use the rest of the 3-in-1 to wash down the insides of my grow areas? They are lined with white plastic tarp, but are kinda dirty from the previous grow.

It deff wouldn't hurt to use that to clean out the while inside of the grow area. I am fighting a fungus gnat problem in my room and two days ago I soaked everything with a string neem oil mix and I think I might have sprayed too much or mixed too strong but the next day all the huge thick white pistils were brown crunchy dead and the leaves were hard and crispy and hurting bad. I read up on it some and some people have said they had similar problems when spraying with lights on and/or the plant needs to be washed free or the neem after it is sprayed. I washed the crap outta mine and praying I don't lose all of them because of my own stupidity trying ro run off some gnats

Adult fungus gnats are a nuisance, but don't feed on the leaves, as far as I know. Only the larvae, which live in the soil eat the roots. Perhaps spraying the soil would be a better tactic? So is adding about 2 - 3" of silicone sand on the soil. The sand shreds the larvae.

As far as I know, the gnats don't feed on the leaves. The adults don't live all that long, either. Breed and die?

Back
Top Bottom