IslandGrower420: Black Domina, Blue Gelato 41, Corleone Kush, Ghost Train Haze #1, Green Crack, In DWC

no man, i hear you on the cool tubes....we think alike lol.

5x5 Tent: I have an hydrofarm daystar 4inch air cooled reflector for the 1000w hps. I bought it 10+ yrs ago when they came in 4inch, not 6inch. It works fine with the 4inch inline fan, but I am upgrading to 6inch before summer rolls around. I am going to order an ipower 6inch cool tube ($69) and an AC Infinity Cloudline T6 6inch inline fan ($119) from Amazon next month...already got it all picked out!

4x4 Tent: I have another hydrofarm daystar 4inch air cooled reflector for the 400w hps, but I don`t have an extraction fan hooked up to it. It is a temporary set up so I can flower in my veg tent. Instead of ordering a new reflector and fan for this 400w hps (it`s an old magnetic ballast), I would rather upgrade to the 400w led I have on the way...it will put out more light at a better spectrum, it will run cooler, and it will give better light coverage. And it will work well with the 400w led already in the 4x4.

I`m eventually going to replace my 1000w hps with an led system too...but I`m going to wait until I have a bigger space for that. I think going forward LED`s are the way to go. A year ago I would have never said that!

I`ve been doing a lot of research on making LED`s instead of buying expensive ass ones. I want to make a bar/strip system, like the fluence spyder SPYDR 2i - Fluence Bioengineering that covers your entire canopy with equal par, instead of having weak light in the corners from one or two centrally hung lights. I`m going to use these led strips Photo Boost Strip Light Engine - Pacific Light Concepts for the project. rapidled.com is also where i just bought my 400w led, and they have a ton of DIY options on there...love that website. The 420 mag sponsor ledgrowlightsdepot.com has some wicked deals on commercial LED lights as well.

no man, i hear you on the cool tubes....we think alike lol.

5x5 Tent: I have an hydrofarm daystar 4inch air cooled reflector for the 1000w hps. I bought it 10+ yrs ago when they came in 4inch, not 6inch. It works fine with the 4inch inline fan, but I am upgrading to 6inch before summer rolls around. I am going to order an ipower 6inch cool tube ($69) and an AC Infinity Cloudline T6 6inch inline fan ($119) from Amazon next month...already got it all picked out!

4x4 Tent: I have another hydrofarm daystar 4inch air cooled reflector for the 400w hps, but I don`t have an extraction fan hooked up to it. It is a temporary set up so I can flower in my veg tent. Instead of ordering a new reflector and fan for this 400w hps (it`s an old magnetic ballast), I would rather upgrade to the 400w led I have on the way...it will put out more light at a better spectrum, it will run cooler, and it will give better light coverage. And it will work well with the 400w led already in the 4x4.

I`m eventually going to replace my 1000w hps with an led system too...but I`m going to wait until I have a bigger space for that. I think going forward LED`s are the way to go. A year ago I would have never said that!

I`ve been doing a lot of research on making LED`s instead of buying expensive ass ones. I want to make a bar/strip system, like the fluence spyder SPYDR 2i - Fluence Bioengineering that covers your entire canopy with equal par, instead of having weak light in the corners from one or two centrally hung lights. I`m going to use these led strips Photo Boost Strip Light Engine - Pacific Light Concepts for the project. rapidled.com is also where i just bought my 400w led, and they have a ton of DIY options on there...love that website. The 420 mag sponsor ledgrowlightsdepot.com has some wicked deals on commercial LED lights as well.
i hear that too mate. been an hps guy 15-20 years. due to silly costs and far less area coverage , i have not gone led yet either. wanted to trial the mars 150 from thw comp here but lost out.lol. am very interested in your build and knowledge ( yet again mate sorry !!!!!) as could replicate it as you build it dependant on cost of parts etc.. but a definate interwest in that project. any chance of a thread of the "how to" once you nail it. would be appreciated by many without a doubt , who ,like me, are lost in the sea when it comes to the parts and stuff.
Nice work

I can't claim credit for the design or anything. Greengenes has a youtube video on exactly how to build a 330w bar lighting system for a 2 x 4 area.
He part owns Pacific Light Concepts that makes the photo boost strips so he posted a DIY video on youtube. I'm going to reconfigure his setup with more bars and more power, so that I can cover the 5 x 5 footprint in my 5 x 5 tent. I'll probably make two separate lights that will cover 2.5 x 5 each. I'll share the light to driver config and where to source everything when I do it up.

The samsung and cree diodes he uses in his photo boost strips are legit...they are the same ones that Growmau5 uses in his led's at Chilled LED. Growmau5's youtube channel is the encyclopedia of diy led for growing ganj: growmau5

I have this light coming on Thursday. Chilled Logic 2' x 4' LED Grow Kit. It is a kit and you assemble it yourself. It is 4 x 100w Growmau5 Logic pucks on a 41 inch canopy rail - so kind of like a giant led bar. The kit was originally 315w but I upgraded the driver to push the pucks at 400w. It should cover a 2 x 4 area nicely. Two of these in my 4 x 4 tent would be perfect.

Gone are the days of having 1 hps in a tent!

Week 7 Flower (day 44)

Things are still on auto pilot right now. The Black Dom and Blue Gelato in the 5x5 are bulking nicely. The Gelato is super frosty and smells hella loud!

Black Dom night time shot

Blue Gelato 41

The jungle in the 4x4 is doing great. I've got my new 400w LED light in there with my other 400w LED so temps are good and the light output is awesome.I didn't take any pics of the 4x4 tent but I will include pics for week 8.

Week 7 Flower (day 44)

Things are still on auto pilot right now. The Black Dom and Blue Gelato in the 5x5 are bulking nicely. The Gelato is super frosty and smells hella loud!

Black Dom night time shot

Blue Gelato 41

The jungle in the 4x4 is doing great. I've got my new 400w LED light in there with my other 400w LED so temps are good and the light output is awesome.I didn't take any pics of the 4x4 tent but I will include pics for week 8.
wow they look good. so wish i understood a word or concept of the led grow light build. lol. so tried to get my critical stoned noggin around the terms and stuff..... no fooking clue . got to the bit about flux capacitor and phoning home then my mind blanked and i began beating my fist on my chest and throwing my own poo !!!
love your knowledge mate . so dedicated to what you do in all aspects. I cannot deny that LED has me so interested now they can compare and beat hps. it still is a cost issue mainly and the initial outlay for pre-built is scary for a quality conversion. I always loved mechano as a kid so the nuts and bolts and basic building i would love doing. My falldown is always the tech bit. Wow, it truly shuts my head down yet i am qualified in Mental health, drugs and alcohol/homelessness worker for over 30 years but this stuff fries me. Will keep studying and hopefully pick up some understanding here.
looks like your ladies appreciate the change too.

Back
Top Bottom