Skylining: My Guide To Cannabis Training Featuring Blue Gelato 41 & Pink Kush

Indicas grow dense buds so watch your humidity during flower.

RH outside the tent is %70 but thanks to the dehumidifier and the big fan in the tent, RH inside the room is not going anywhere above %53-54. I am also spraying an antifungal mixture around the grow area every week. I think this is the third grow for me without any mold because I used to live in a very dry place with around %20 RH average and couldn't easily adjusted my methods to my current location.

Other tent is more problematic though. It has three plants and these are in their stretching weeks. I hope they all stop stretching on a reasonable level. I was just trimming that tent and thinking about what you just said Penny :passitleft:

Much cleaner on the secondary tent now;

Pink Kush and BG41 clones are doing very fine after heavy defoliation. I'll supercrop the big clone soon. I don't think they will stretch much more because I already observed how much the gelato stretches.

Pink Kush is not a stretcher but has amazing node stacking. I will treat my next four Pink Kush clones differently. Definately not a good strain for Skylining. BG41 is great for that type of training but I don't think it will be suitable for SOG. On this journal, I discovered that I shouldn't try to get every plant huge. In the past, I never had an issue with this type of training on any strain but thanks to Pink Kush, I'll grow a small mother plant before going huge for every new strain I try.

Knowing genetics is amazing and I've been trying new strains for almost five years. I learned a lot while growing different strains but growing the plants I have complete control over would be amazing.

Cheers :passitleft:

BG41;

Barney's Pink Kush;

3-4 strains that you really like can be grown from clone in a proper SOG and you’ll crush in the yield department.

I guess that is what I exactly should do. I already have the PP and PK mothers and trying my chance to root a flowering BG41 cutting in water. I will keep BG41 just for breeding.

I've had a conversation with Barney's and they told me that they are going to send me some promotional seeds to grow. I'll try to provide them some fine plant and nug photos with the help of my photographer girlfriend. I am planning a SOG with the Pink Kush and I already have four small clones. I'll cut some more tomorrow and I'll move nine clones into the big tent right after harvesting and drying the main BG41 in there. They will send me LSD, Mimosa Evo, DoSiDos 33 and Runtz Muffin. I'll try to keep each one alive in a vertical nursery.

I’d use small pots and pack as many plants into my space as possible. The goal with SOG is to produce plants with 1 main colas and few if any side branching

I’d use small pots and pack as many plants into my space as possible. The goal with SOG is to produce plants with 1 main colas and few if any side branching

I'll take baby steps into SOG because I'm afraid of high RH :nervous-guy:But I think I can fit 16 plants into 3x3 and bottom feed them from a big tray.What type of medium do you suggest for SOG Penny? I think I can use coco since I'll be using clones and will be able to flip them fast.

Coco with some sort of auto water.

I'll manual feed from the tray like the autopot systems do. I considered to buy one but I like to be on top of them everyday. I don't like to use reservoirs because of pH fluctuations and the bad smell of the nute mix after couple of days. Top feeding is not an option for me because of the fungus gnats and my flowering plants seem to like bottom feeding. I haven't thought about the downsides of bottom feeding yet if there is any. We have nice auto watering systems available here but I am too happy with perlite and DE topping on coco. Yield difference should be noticable bw/ coco and soil since plants won't have too much time to stretch.

Main BG41 is in her 58th day of flowering. Trichomes are clouding up and I need these nugs just a little more fatter. They are getting more dense everyday but I don't know if they can go much bigger. Still, I want to feed them with flora and big bud for four to five days just to make sure. On the last fourteen days, I will feed only with GH Ripen and finish with a Florakleen flush for two days. 36-48h darkness will follow after harvest.

A note; fresh sticky yellow traps on this tent is still fresh. DE solves this fungus gnat problem in no time. My grow area is totally free from any pests and fungi officially.

Here is how she doing;

And some trich. shots;

Breeder says 63-70 days. I normally add one week to breeders schedule but don't like to include the transition week in flowering period. So I should still have 18-19 days before finish. Last 14-15 days would be taken care of with Ripen but I am not exactly sure what is actually inside of it. I think it should just contain the macronutrients(0.5-7-6) and they advertise this one as an oil and flower mass booster. At this point, I am happy with the size of the colas because they are really dense. I would prefer more dankness after this point and hope Ripen helps with that. I was happy with the results earlier.

Back
Top Bottom