It is time to reinstate, the lowly little cannabis root

Hemp-EaZe

Cannabis is known for its multi-purpose nature. It can be used to make food, fuel, fiber, and medicine. But the root is considered to be a by-product useful only to fiber and only remembered by some as an old folk remedy for arthritis or joint pain (Bott 2008). References were also found stating the roots emetic and cathartic properties (Indian Hemp 2008). The Egyptians, the Greeks and the Tibetan healers, They, like others in ancient societies, depended on restoration. The chief element in restorative creams of early pharmacopoeia was hemp. Hemp root was the active ingredient essential to oils prescribed in both the Aramaic and Hebrew versions of the Old Testament. Hemp root, myrrh, and olive oil preparations were applied topically to alleviate swelling and joint pain, or as salves for burns. For thousands of years cannabis hemp has been used for medicine. Emperor Shen-nung 2000 BC prescribes root as a paste applied to relieve the pain of broken bones and surgery. From there new uses were developed, such as extracting precious oil from seed with a technique still used today. Pressed seeds yielded 20% more oil by weight than other oils and was used for cooking, to fuel lamps, for lubrication, and the pulp was fed to their domesticated animals. Centuries later the uses of hemp and it's root, spread through expanding trade by the Aryans. For India, hemp played an active role in their rituals. 4,000 years of oral traditions and spiritual teachings, the four Vedas were finally recorded in 1400 BC listing hemp as the spirit bhangas. Written as the "reliever of anxiety" (Atharva Veda) noted it as a gift from the Gods. Hemp lowered fevers, eased sleep, relieved dysentery. Only in the last 30 years have we begun to understand why. Over 10,000 scientific papers about cannabis have been published. Still the root of Cannabis sativa L. is the least studied part. It is time to reinstate, the lowly little root back, to it's proper significance as a premium healing herb.

Cannabis is known for its multi-purpose nature. It can be used to make food, fuel, fiber, and medicine. But the root is considered to be a by-product useful only to fiber and only remembered by some as an old folk remedy for arthritis or joint pain (Bott 2008).

I really think if Marijuana was treated like a legal herb, most would dis continue smoking it, and focus more on using it orally.

I have a torn rotator cuff, and have been in pain for 4+ years. The anti-inflamatory drugs work their magic for the most part, but they have messed up my digestive system after using them over the years, then I go back to the doctor and get something new.

In my findings, the anti-inflamatory drugs work great in reducing dis-comfort , but really do nothing for pain (torn rotator cuff). I've learned to deal with pain over the years, and some days are worst than others. I do know at night, it is very hard for me to get to sleep. I have 4 pillows I use fo supporting my arm/elbow in a position the joint is comfortible. The problem is once I get into this position, I can't sleep. I use pot a couple hours before getting into bed, to help distract my brain from the pain. I awake at 5:45am without a hangover, and after a hot shower and my anti-inflamatory pill, I'm an old man who can function and still go to work. I smoke about 1/4 once of seedy, stemy, green bud a month.

Before I began this regiment my life was a mess. I was trying to deal with healing, working, physical therapy. Talk about depression...

Then an old friend who I had not seen in 15 years moved back and looked me up, after telling him about my injury, he told me he used marijuana afterwork to relax, and found a couple hits from a pipe took his mind off of all his aches and pains, and his quality of life improve.

I tried it (after 25+ years), and now having a hard time understanding why a drug, so cheap to grow, could be over looked, and actually forbidden from daily use (similar to tabacco or alcohol).

I think of it this way... anti-inflamatory pills cost me $15 a month, and a 1/4 ounce of seedy, stemy, green pot cost me $20 a month. For $35 a month, I'm happy.

We attended the SF Cannabis Awareness Day, May 2nd. Introducing the Hemp-EaZe concept of finding healing relief from cannabis root was a surprise to many. We were inundated with positive energy from people eager to learn more. They shared with us their frustrations with the medical professionals and the pharmaceuticals they have had to endure to heal their aches and pains. But also the tattoos, that wouldn't heal, or the diaper rash that keeps them up all night. Chemo burns, neuropic pain, all of which can find relief with cannabis root and Hemp-EaZe formula. To find that the WHOLE Mother plant heals and that cannabis, even without THC, will still be a benefit is fantastic. We can freely continue our research without fear.

Since I have been working with Cannabis Hemp Root, we've had the opportunity to participate in some clinical studies through our local Holistic health center, who specializes in treating neuropathy and diabetes. They have documented that hemp root therapy quickly reduces edema, reduced pain, rejuvenated the circulation, and healed diabetic ulcers. We also have heard from many who have had relief from eczema, psoriasis, and even chemo burns.

So I was medicating and got to thinking about Cannabis tonight and started looking into terpenoids and flavanoids and how they also have medicinal properties to them, not just the THC and CBD that we commonly think of. Then I got to thinking about roots... (I love my brain :) ) LOL and how they have been used for thousands of years in different herbal medicinal practices... and even today there seems to be many plants with roots that are very beneficial to humans.

So I got to googlle and typed in a search and found this article....gosh I love 420 magazine! It always has all the answers that I am looking for :)

So anyhow I thought this was a great topic and one worth refreshing for some new input...

We use things like kava kava root, and ginger root, and extracts of root and root and more roots... So whats the deal with Cannabis roots and can we use them for our benefit? Does anyone currently use them and how?

I saw a few things while looking around last night but was too tired to really absorb the information. One source was saying that the roots have high levels of CBD and also certain flavanoids have been found in the roots...I definitely want to learn more about this one :)

Back
Top Bottom