Jack the Ripper Bush Grow

Hi all. Decided to make another journal rather than to keep going on my old one. I plan on started this grow very soon, as soon as the nutes I won from NOTM get here its go time. For this grow I will be very strained for space so I am just going to grow one plant but try to get it to be super bushy and have a ton of tops to maximize my yield. So some massive topping and supercropping will be in order.

Strain: Lavender Jones (Purple Urkle x Casey Jones) Sativa dominant hybrid. This is one of the most unique smelling strains of MMJ i've ever smelt. Almost doesn't even smell like herb. Very floral and fruity aromas with a sharp edge to them.

Light: To start one 2 foot 4 bulb 96w T5 with 6500K bulbs for vegging. Once plants get a little bigger i'll add some additional side lighting with some CFL's.

Soil: FFOF with 20% perlite mixed in

Nutes: Blue planet three part series, micro, grow, and bloom. Calmag.

Growing plan: I want to veg this plant for about 4-5 weeks and really try and develop a bushy structure to the plant with a combo of LST, topping, and supercropping. Once its ready, i'll throw her into flower with the proper lights.

Pots: Start em off in small containers and move to its 3 or 5 gallon final home. Haven't decided which size to use yet.

Thanks for checking in and stay tuned for pics.

:thanks:

Re: Lavender Jones bush grow

Woohoo! Nutes came in today via UPS, that was fast took only 4 days from when 420 contacted me for shipping info. Really looking forward to trying out some new nutrients and it seems like everyone on here who uses BPN loves em so i'm excited. Gonna soak the bean in some water overnight and probably use the paper towel/plate method to germinate. Once it sprouts and is in the soil i'll update with some pics.

Subbed, welcome to the bpn team bro:welcome:

Welcome aboard! Really excited to give these BPN nutes a try. Unfortunately my lavender jones seed was no good. I got it out of a bag about 2 3 months ago and upon closer inspection it looked way to light colored to be any good. I gave it a little pinch and sure enough it crumbled.

I do have some other seeds to choose from and decided to go with lamb's bread, never grown the strain but I LOVE to smoke it. Definitely one my top 5 strains so gonna be good none the less.

What light will you be using for flower?!?

I'm going to use the same 2 ft 4 bulb T5, I will just swap out the 6500K veg bulbs for the 2700K flower bulbs. I will also have a ton of additional CFL bulbs all around the sides of the plant. At least 2 per side (N,S,W,E).

Re: Lamb's bread bush grow

I soaked my bean overnight and put it in some paper towels last night so hopefully she will sprout soon. After reading some other journals and getting kinda bored I think I will grow this using DWC. It likes a pretty good system for a first time hydro user and I would like to try something else so i'll probably go to the hardware store tomorrow and build it than post some pics.

Well the taproot popped out of the seed sometime overnight so I put it in a starter cube under my dome and T5. Also built my DWC bucket and I included a drip ring around the top too. Hopefully the seed will break the surface of the starter cube by Monday and the real fun can begin!

S73003781.JPG

S7300379.JPG

That strain is awesome! I've only tried the finished product when it came through our dispensary last year. I'll be watching this one as it goes!

Are HPS lights out of the question for your grow? T-5's are great for veg, but not for flower.

That strain is awesome! I've only tried the finished product when it came through our dispensary last year. I'll be watching this one as it goes!

Are HPS lights out of the question for your grow? T-5's are great for veg, but not for flower.

Ya, it really is a all around great strain. I usually get a bag of it when I go to this dispensary downtown. Last 1/8th I bought had about 4-5 very nice seeds in it.

Not totally out of the question. I have been thinking about getting a small HPS for flower, maybe a 250w. I also am kinda interested to see how much I can yield using just T5's and CFL's. If I do go the CFL route, I will pack as many around my plant as space will permit.

whats good BSB!!

stopping in to let you know that I have now updated the army blog, you are now in it!!! you should start seeing more people come in to your journals!!! if not the whole army!!! LOL

to address your question above, write to 420cyclist and let him know that your journal has not been abandoned, and if he can move it back into "in progress".

can't wait to see your explosion with BPN nutes brotha!!!

:peacetwo:

whats good BSB!!

stopping in to let you know that I have now updated the army blog, you are now in it!!! you should start seeing more people come in to your journals!!! if not the whole army!!! LOL

to address your question above, write to 420cyclist and let him know that your journal has not been abandoned, and if he can move it back into "in progress".

can't wait to see your explosion with BPN nutes brotha!!!

:peacetwo:

Right on man! I'm not sure what question you mean though, my journal is in the in progress section.

Hey bro I was reading athread you had been following and was wondering why you wrote Ez in every post as the first word????

Ez fella, why not ?

Some ppl write hello, some hi and even hey, me i just say ez so wag1 ?

Sorry could not send you a PM hope this helps

Ez fella, why not ?

Some ppl write hello, some hi and even hey, me i just say ez so wag1 ?

Sorry could not send you a PM hope this helps

Gotcha wasn't sure if it was some new hip lingo I wasn't up on yet.

Hey guys I stopped by a local dispensary a little bit ago and saw that they had some Jack the Ripper clones. JTR is by far my favorite strain, it is so so amazing. It is a strain from TGA Subcool (local CO company YA!!). It is a cross of Jacks Cleaner and Space Queen. Jacks cleaner consists of SSSC (Nevil’s) X NL5 X Pluton X Purple Haze X Jack Herer. And space queen is Romulan X Cindy 99. So theres like 7 strains going in this and it is awesome. If you got the chance to pick some up, DO IT!!! Got her in her new home and added some nutes according to the BPN chart that came with my nutes.

S7300386.JPG

Hey guys I got some problems and could use some help. I noticed yesterday around 6 pm the plant was starting to get sorta droopy. The top was falling over and the large fan leaves were almost touching the bucket lid where as at first they were straight up. Now this morning when I woke up it looks way worse and more droopy any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Little background, the clone was in a net cup in hydroton at the dispensary and was sitting in a rubbermaid tub with about 1/4 inch of water+weak nutes and looked great. I bring it home, drop it in DWC bucket and it droops. I put in the weakest amount of BPN nutes and have the water level at the bottom of my net cup (does not touch bottom of clone where roots are). pH is at 6.0 as of this morning. I also have one of those drip rings around the clone attached to a pump but its not turned on at the moment. HELP PLEASE.

Heres a pic to help
S7300388.JPG

looks to be underwatered, since the roots aren't hitting the water, you should turn the dripper on and make sure it gets some water to the roots until they're long enough to reach the res on their own

Back
Top Bottom