JD Hydroponic 1000W Bundle Pack $299.99 Shipped!Reflector/Timer/Rope/Ballast/MH/HPS

Re: JD Hydroponic 1000W Bundle pack $299.99 Shipped!Reflector/Timer/Rope/Ballast/MH/H

Thanks for being speedy in getting it out, I just got it today.

However... when I pulled the ballast out of the box it had some orange stuff in some crevices. It looks like oxidation or that something is oozing from inside. There are also some spots where it looks like a clear glossy spot, where something got on it. They both could be glue from manufacturing, but still... Not what I want to see on a 1000w out of the box!

I'm not sure if this is to worry, but I don't want to have my plants halfway done and have to get another ballast because something was defective...

Everything else was as expected, cheap timer and ropes. Not sure about the bulbs, do you guys have any information on the output of both the 1k mh and hps? edit: nevermind, found it on the previous page!

Hood was nice, manufacturing around some of the seems seemed iffy, but it still appears to be airtight. As long as that's the case, the iffy parts are merely an eye sore more than anything. It was pretty heavy though, I'm not sure if my tent will handle it or not, maybe consider putting the weight of the hood up somewhere?

Overall I'm extremely happy, barring being able to use it until after summer.

One more thing overall about JD ballasts that I'd like to point out: They're not a single piece like lumatek or galaxy ballasts I've seen. It's held by screws that you can remove (or that can loosen on their own/allow particles/water/moisture in). Just an fyi to any future buyers. I don't expect problems with it, but some of the rougher users in certain locations may not like it.

Thank you for your feed back!:thumb:

The ballast we send you is recent manufactured without the problem we were having before (There were some small issues we addressed) We didn't inspect the exterior of the ballast before we send you thoroughly since we never had any problems on cosmetics ever. However, because you pointed this out, we will now check them before we ship them, just incase. (That's what the form is for, we listen and we take action) :thumb:

As for the timer it is pretty generic, looks cheap but they work and is UL certified, unlike other timers. That's really what we care about is SAFETY, everything we sell that is electronic, is UL certified.

As for the Rope, it is capable of handling up to 150LB, most tents should handle up to 30-50LB per 3x3 area. So you should be good (the reflector weight around 20lbs), but still double check with the tent manufacturer.

Our ballast carries a 5 year warranty against any defect so you can sleep tight at night, and we will be here to warranty issues and answer questions.

For the other issues you had pointed out in regards to the 1 piece design:

Lumtek 1000W is held on by 5 screws front and back (we have one here)
Galaxy 1000W is held on by 4 screws front and back (we have one here) + 4 screws holding the fan

And here is the reason why everyone uses the end plate

1) dispense heat better
2) weight less
3) Water proof (our ballast have silicon sealant Front and Rear plate) The only way to get moisture or water in the ballast is probably using a pressure water hose and spray at it.
4) Build more solid. Our ballast front and rear plate handles more weight (For instance: you were moving the ballast from one area to another, and you were gripping the ballast by its wire and you accidentally drop it, the smaller diameter end plate will probably be pushed in *14AWG wire thats coming out of the ballast already covers 3-4' diameter around the plate so is easy to push the plate in), while ours will have cosmetic scratches only) *believe it or not we did this test*

We appreciate your feed back and will take your suggestion for future improvement.:Namaste:

P.S If for any reason you are not happy with the cosmetic of the ballast, send it back and we'll send you another one E-mail us at sales@jd-lightings.com and we'll take care of it.

Re: JD Hydroponic 1000W Bundle pack $299.99 Shipped!Reflector/Timer/Rope/Ballast/MH/H

Thank you for your feed back!:thumb:

The ballast we send you is recent manufactured without the problem we were having before (There were some small issues we addressed) We didn't inspect the exterior of the ballast before we send you thoroughly since we never had any problems on cosmetics ever. However, because you pointed this out, we will now check them before we ship them, just incase. (That's what the form is for, we listen and we take action) :thumb:

As for the timer it is pretty generic, looks cheap but they work and is UL certified, unlike other timers. That's really what we care about is SAFETY, everything we sell that is electronic, is UL certified.

As for the Rope, it is capable of handling up to 150LB, most tents should handle up to 30-50LB per 3x3 area. So you should be good (the reflector weight around 20lbs), but still double check with the tent manufacturer.

Our ballast carries a 5 year warranty against any defect so you can sleep tight at night, and we will be here to warranty issues and answer questions.

For the other issues you had pointed out in regards to the 1 piece design:

Lumtek 1000W is held on by 5 screws front and back (we have one here)
Galaxy 1000W is held on by 4 screws front and back (we have one here) + 4 screws holding the fan

And here is the reason why everyone uses the end plate

1) dispense heat better
2) weight less
3) Water proof (our ballast have silicon sealant Front and Rear plate) The only way to get moisture or water in the ballast is probably using a pressure water hose and spray at it.
4) Build more solid. Our ballast front and rear plate handles more weight (For instance: you were moving the ballast from one area to another, and you were gripping the ballast by its wire and you accidentally drop it, the smaller diameter end plate will probably be pushed in *14AWG wire thats coming out of the ballast already covers 3-4' diameter around the plate so is easy to push the plate in), while ours will have cosmetic scratches only) *believe it or not we did this test*

We appreciate your feed back and will take your suggestion for future improvement.:Namaste:

P.S If for any reason you are not happy with the cosmetic of the ballast, send it back and we'll send you another one E-mail us at sales@jd-lightings.com and we'll take care of it.
Thanks for getting back on this.You're spot on about the rope/timers, generic but gets the job done.

I'll rest much easier knowing the hood is only about 20 pounds, it's just a monster compared to my dinky hood for my 400w I had. It's not a bad thing that I'll have to get another tent, I have a very cheap 4x4 at the moment, upgrading to a secret jardine or oasis would be ideal.

As far as the cosmetic spots, as long as it's one solid piece and there's no chance that it's something oozing out of the ballast, I'm fine with it. At this moment anyway, if I get cold feet I may just hit you guys up and send it back. But still, with the 5 year warranty I'm sure I'll be fine. Just don't be going out of business anytime soon!

Also, thanks for pointing out to me that the end plate/screws are for added protection. I can't quite recall, now that you mention it, whether my galaxy 400w has screws. I can't picture them, and maybe they're different than the 1000w. But nonetheless, thanks for the added security of knowing they're there for added protection.

As far as the cosmetic spots, as long as it's one solid piece and there's no chance that it's something oozing out of the ballast, I'm fine with it. At this moment anyway, if I get cold feet I may just hit you guys up and send it back. But still, with the 5 year warranty I'm sure I'll be fine. Just don't be going out of business anytime soon!

we'll try not to! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom