Jodyhighrollr's Cluster Bomb 2018

Happy New Year Jody

Getting close to rolling some.. looking good yummmmy.
Love your setup too.

Still with the genetics 99.995% of the picture. All we growers do is bring out the best in the genes that we have in our vaults.

How much of what we do as growers had an effect on THC content in the harvested flowers?

How much of what we do as growers has an effect on pest and disease?

How much of what we do as growers brings out flavors and smells in the final product?

I'm working on my niche. Trying to grow the best of the best in the current climate.

I'm a grower and that's my big focus.

I try to get plants from seed to table organically and sustainably with positive impact on my environment.

I'm thinking this is a model going forward in the new world of green?

Cannabis = cash crop.

Bring it up?

Dump it down?

where were we???

:passitleft:

Pass it On

Hey guys sorry I’ve been crazy busy! Still got a little more time
7F2E5CCF-F3B8-44D5-963A-A38FF520DDA2.jpeg

Happy New Year Jody

Getting close to rolling some.. looking good yummmmy.
Love your setup too.

Still with the genetics 99.995% of the picture. All we growers do is bring out the best in the genes that we have in our vaults.

How much of what we do as growers had an effect on THC content in the harvested flowers?

How much of what we do as growers has an effect on pest and disease?

How much of what we do as growers brings out flavors and smells in the final product?

I'm working on my niche. Trying to grow the best of the best in the current climate.

I'm a grower and that's my big focus.

I try to get plants from seed to table organically and sustainably with positive impact on my environment.

I'm thinking this is a model going forward in the new world of green?

Cannabis = cash crop.

Bring it up?

Dump it down?

where were we???

:passitleft:

Pass it On

Hi Bobrown14, sorry for the late response. To answer your first two questions I think the genetics has a big role. I have been lucky and have been able to get some good quality clones from another local grower(except my first grow which was from seed) in the area who is on a bigger scale than I am. I have known people who will get clones that just have a poor genetics and are prone to being hermies and are less resistant to bugs/disease/cold/powdery mildew. I also maintain a good climate from my plants to grow in and believe that I have good watering techniques and in doing that I am keeping a lot of problems out of my tent.

I believe I have created a good soil for my plants to thrive in but I have a calmag problem that will be addressed earlier in my next grow. This is my first all organic super soil grow so I have to dial everything in a little bit but besides the yellowing of leaves the quality and smell are very good. The smell is very pungent it's hard to explain but it's very dank smelling. Drying and curing properly is what will make this bud amazing.

As I dive deeper into organic growing I know my next grow will be better and hopefully that cycle continues. I would like to build a tighter group of local growers to share knowledge and a helping hand. I have a few childhood friends who also grow and have learned a lot from them but knowing more people(especially now that it's legal) who have different experiences will be extremely useful.

That being said my next goal is acquire better genetics and start taking my own clones of different strains that I am familiar with and be more consistent with my veg tent so I can get into 2 month harvest cycles. Once I have that down and am harvesting roughly ever two months I will expand into the top of my barn and build a better more efficient grow space.

Again sorry for the late response but I didn't want to half-ass it because I had a lot of thoughts on some of your questions. Hope everyone had a good holiday season. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody. Sorry I’ve been super crazy. Starting to see some amber trichomes. Lately I’ve seen a few arguments on this site and one person giving advice that seems to be bad and is always contradictory to what others and common sense have to say. This person posts and A LOT of posts and have noticed a theme but to avoid confrontation I just withdraw myself from those posts. Makes it really hard to want to help out some new people with someone and has kind of killed my enthusiasm about keeping a grow journal.

Hey everybody. I made the chop Monday night. I had already chopped my smallest clusterbomb(a little early but I wanted something new) and got 89.7 dry grams from it. This is the single cheese I had below.
2279F805-821C-4003-BC02-19B4703C526A.jpeg

All of these plants smells amazing but this strain really punches you in the nose. Here are the rest. I made the room completely dark after hanging with 65 degrees room temp and 60% humidity. Hoping to dry for about two weeks. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr
E868B7F1-0971-4248-9691-29E50FDA6371.jpeg

Thanks everybody. I will be uploading more information soon with dry weights of all my plants after trimming and pictures of some of the buds! I should have started the next back earlier in my veg tent but have been incredibly busy. Overtime season is winding down soon at work and I’ll be able to put more energy into my tents.
Nice harvest Jody, so what you got planned next!
Thanks buddy ;) I have lined up six GG4 clones and six either Blue Dream or Green Crack or LSD.. he said I could choose, I think I will be going with LSD or Blue dream but I will decide when I see the clones. I will be grabbing them this weekend.

I’m looking forward to putting the knowledge I’ve gained from this grow into my next. I will address minor issues I had this grow ahead of time and believe my soil is fine tuned. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

All the more reason to have a killer grow journal :)
True, I’m still looking around seeing what other people are doing and will answer anyone’s questions to the best of my knowledge. I was trying to answer peoples questions and kept seeing one person in particular who seemed to think they know more than everyone else on the site - for all I know maybe they do and I’m the fool. I’m still pretty new to growing so I learned to avoid any debates. Your journal has opened my eyes in a few ways. I’m extremely jealous of your greenhouse. I will be growing some outdoor plants this summer that I will possibly include in my journal if not make their own.Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

True, I’m still looking around seeing what other people are doing and will answer anyone’s questions to the best of my knowledge. I was trying to answer peoples questions and kept seeing one person in particular who seemed to think they know more than everyone else on the site - for all I know maybe they do and I’m the fool. I’m still pretty new to growing so I learned to avoid any debates. Your journal has opened my eyes in a few ways. I’m extremely jealous of your greenhouse. I will be growing some outdoor plants this summer that I will possibly include in my journal if not make their own.Take it easy - jodyhighrollr
One thing is for sure...there is never only one way. When someone says they have the ONLY way (in any aspect of life) I am immediately doubtful and/or sympathetic (to their ignorance). I love learning by mistakes, because those are the lessons that stick with me. Someone can sit there and tell me 1,000 ways to dig a hole, but until I get the shovel in my hand and start sweating it doesn't really mean much. So often today people are told it's bad to fail...every inventor in history failed thousands of times, so I have no idea where this perspective took root. When my kids fail, I always say "now you know" and hope they remember and make a brand new failure moving forward! Being told over and over that there is only one way not only is wrong, but shackles people who may want to explore and come back and share what they've learned. So, yeah, I tend to ignore the same people you mention (we've been on a few of the same ridiculous threads) and try to let people know that mistakes happen and to embrace them. I like your attitude and comments that remind people 1) this should be FUN and 2) it ain't that hard. :)

Back
Top Bottom