Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Hurricane Planning

Well, just in case, I have an easy plan. If we lose power the White Widow and Forbidden Runtz can both exit the tents and get out on the lennai out back. They’d be fine out there for a couple days in a worst case scenario. The Watermelon WeddingCake is obviously not able to exit the tent. She’s also my prize auto of all prize autos I have ever grown. There is not a scenario where this plant gets compromised. Enter the Lowe’s generator! Pretty easy to tak the rents into the need for a cold refrigerator if we lose power. I made sure to have the stepdad get one that will completely power the big tent - lights, fans, dehumidifier, and one AC unit. So worst case scenario is covered. And it’s likely all we get here is a ton of rain.

11.2 ounces in 90 days is 3.5g/day. That's an amazing feat and is much more impressive than how much you can pull off a single plant.

:bravo:
Thanks @InTheShed! I would never have considered that perspective on it. Do you use that data in your record keeping? How might that be helpful to know? Picking future strains to grow for production maybe?

Thanks @InTheShed! I would never have considered that perspective on it. Do you use that data in your record keeping? How might that be helpful to know? Picking future strains to grow for production maybe?
That's the only yield metric I record actually (it gets its own column in the harvest spreadsheet). It's not quite as effective on autos given the lack of control of veg (though it will work well for an auto-to-auto comparison), but for photo plants it takes veg time into account where g/w or g/m² don't. Longer veg doesn't always equal a better yield when you calculate g/day.

Hurricane…ugh

We may be under a mandatory evacuation order in the morning. If you have seen the coverage, I live in Bonita Springs, directly underneath Fort Meyers. If I am forced to evacuate, well, I have no answer for that. If I were in soil there’d be a chance. But in coco, if we have to evacuate, I’m pretty screwed. I guess we’ll see what happens soon enough.

Edit: it will amount to a drought for them on both the water/feed and the light. That ought to stress them out a little bit. Lmao!

Just in case, here’s what she looked like pre-hurricane. Lol.

D0933A26-CA39-4090-8DBA-8DF8BDF1FCF3.jpeg

F1A726B2-7C31-47E9-BD16-C78C316F21AD.jpeg

Hurricane News

Well, I feel slightly less alone, although that’s not great news necessarily, lol. I come to learn that @oldmanjj and his wife chose this week to be down here on vacation. How’s that for timing? They are about half an hour north of me, which puts us both, as of this moment, in the thick of the soup. And where they are is way more coastal than here - they gotta worry about an 8’ storm surge and all kinds of fun stuff. What are the odds? So on both my grow and their vacation, we’ll have to put it into the Great Moments in Bad Timing file. Lol. At least I have lots of weed and a 12 pack. Lmao.

Hurricane News

Well, I feel slightly less alone, although that’s not great news necessarily, lol. I come to learn that @oldmanjj and his wife chose this week to be down here on vacation. How’s that for timing? They are about half an hour north of me, which puts us both, as of this moment, in the thick of the soup. And where they are is way more coastal than here - they gotta worry about an 8’ storm surge and all kinds of fun stuff. What are the odds? So on both my grow and their vacation, we’ll have to put it into the Great Moments in Bad Timing file. Lol. At least I have lots of weed and a 12 pack. Lmao.
Hope your safe and dry Amigo. :ciao: All of you. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Ok, plants look amazing! Hope all you see is a little rain.

I have to give huge thanks to my friend @Jon and his awesome family, they offered for us to stay at their house to ride out the storm. I can't express what that means to me and my wife, Jon and his family are simply awesome people. We are under mandatory evac here and decided to head east. This damn storm is just too unpredictable for me to stay on the West coast.

Ok, plants look amazing! Hope all you see is a little rain.

I have to give huge thanks to my friend @Jon and his awesome family, they offered for us to stay at their house to ride out the storm. I can't express what that means to me and my wife, Jon and his family are simply awesome people. We are under mandatory evac here and decided to head east. This damn storm is just too unpredictable for me to stay on the West coast.
You did the right thing @oldmanjj. We should have. It’s rapidly getting worse here. Wind is already crazy, I’m shocked we still have power so far. I’m about to have a cat 4 land on top of me for the first time ever. Not exactly on my bucket list, but might be interesting. No doubt the 50 amp generator is in play today. My White Widow and Forbidden Runtz are going to be with us in the living room. Way too windy outside. That way they won’t be squashed in a dark tent with no air. The big girl is gonna hopefully have her light, one fan, and the two air pumps in the res powered. She’ll be okay without AC and the extra fans. That should leave plenty of amps for non-essential things like the refrigerator and lights. :rofl: I wonder how plants are going to respond to 24-36 hours of crappy light in the living room? Thank god they’re autos.

You did the right thing @oldmanjj. We should have. It’s rapidly getting worse here. Wind is already crazy, I’m shocked we still have power so far. I’m about to have a cat 4 land on top of me for the first time ever. Not exactly on my bucket list, but might be interesting. No doubt the 50 amp generator is in play today. My White Widow and Forbidden Runtz are going to be with us in the living room. Way too windy outside. That way they won’t be squashed in a dark tent with no air. The big girl is gonna hopefully have her light, one fan, and the two air pumps in the res powered. She’ll be okay without AC and the extra fans. That should leave plenty of amps for non-essential things like the refrigerator and lights. :rofl: I wonder how plants are going to respond to 24-36 hours of crappy light in the living room? Thank god they’re autos.
Don't worry about the plants what about you?
Anything happens do you have help there?

Stay safe

Don't worry about the plants what about you?
Anything happens do you have help there?

Stay safe
Me? Who am I? The plants matter. The dog matters. My parents matter for the most part. :rofl: I do not. Except I’m the only one who can manage the plants. So okay, I do a little. We’ll be fine. More important is this question:

Let’s say we have no power for two straight days. And further, that the generator doesn’t have enough amps left for my tent after powering essentials. In that scenario the beast gets only ambient light the whole time. Due to the way the doors face, that’s basically the same thing as darkness. So how will a flowering auto respond to two straight days of darkness in the middle of flower? I’m assuming without light she won’t feed or will feed barely, correct? But what else?

Back
Top Bottom