Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant

Got my ordered Dr. Jimz Chicken Soup for the Soil in the mail today. Already disappointed. The bottle came not properly sealed and 10% of the liquid was out of the bottle and inside the bag the bottle was wrapped in. Never had a liquid product delivered in such poor condition before. I don't even want to try this product. I have no idea if the distributor diluted it or whatever. Total waste. Not recommended. And yeah, I'm pissed off about it.

Edit: I should clarify. My angst is not with Dr. Jimz. I don't hold them responsible for how the package arrived from the distributor. I do think a company is responsible to VET their distributors, but be that as it may, the source of me being pissed off is the distributor I bought the bottle from, not from Dr. Jimz.

Fulvia
Day 39

A couple things of note today about this plant.

First, the broken main. In the picture below you see the two mains, both topped. The one with the tape is the one that had the bad break a couple days ago. "Had" the bad break. Lol. More like I ham-handedly broke it. Anyway, as you can see here, the fix is going to take. If that weren't the case the two "colas" coming off the break wouldn't look fabulous as they do. The one leaf that still hasn't come back up is still not dying, it's just laying down. So that's all good and I'm pleased it's going to take. What's interesting is that what we have here is a perfect visual reference for the difference in growth rate and what the result is when you break something. These two were identical in height and appearance when I broke the stem. Same height, same size "colas." Since the break, in just around 48 hours, the taller of the two has grown to the height you see. The broken one has barely grown, if at all, since then. All of it's energy has been rerouted to attend to the break and repair itself. As a result, the vertical growth stops (or massively slows) until the plant feels it's fixed itself adequately and gradually the energy "dispersion" goes back to how it was. I know this is sort of Pot 101 type information, I just thought it was a good picture to clearly illustrate it.

Now onto the plant itself, regarding size/flip timing.
Right now as you see her below the plant itself is 30" tall. With the pot and wheels and just the minimal tray setup she's on, she's 44" tall. Almost four feet. She can be lowered no further, she's already "on the floor," as the wheels are indispensable for me. My tent is 9' tall, and if I max height the light the bottom of the bars sit a 8'6" (102 inches). In flower the plants can get as close as around 10". Interestingly, this is one area my light over-performs its' stated specs, as they say you can get as close as 6". Sure you can, heat-wise. The heat is almost non-existent. But I have yet to have a plant I can get that close without burning it. Just too much light. In any event, she's at 44" and I have 92" max the plant can be in flower without having to supercrop or anything else I don't wish to do. So from where we are now I have 48" to play with.

If I flipped her today (I'm not, lol) and she only doubled in size that leaves her 18" from the light and we have no issues whatsoever.

But what if she triples in height? Based on how this pheno of this plant has grown so far, and considering she's in a 7 of coco getting world class nutes, I don't think that's an impossibility at all. That puts us at 30" of plant + 60" more = 90" of plant + 14" for the pot setup = 104" total height. This does not work without altering the plant up top.

Elora has no such issues and won't, due to how she's trained and the much shorter pheno. Fulvia is going to dictate the day.

So the question is, when am I going to flip them? How long am I going to push it on Fulvia's height and begin to "hope she doesn't stretch too much?" Lol. Regardless of days old, both these plants, as well as the Mystery Plant, could be flipped today, they're all mature enough. No idea what will happen with the MP, and I half expect her to develop seeds and get pulled. We'll be watching her closely on that. But square footage in the tent is not at all the concern, only height.

Here's the full plant as described right now:

Scenes from a spent soil pile....

It appears a friend has joined our friend. Lmao. If this were a different type of mushroom we might be in business.

a friend for our crap planr.jpg

Scenes from a spent soil pile....

It appears a friend has joined our friend. Lmao. If this were a different type of mushroom we might be in business.

a friend for our crap planr.jpg
I did a double take on that. :rofl:
What the heck are ya growin? :laugh:
Hope everything is going well Mucker.

Stay safe
Bill

I did a double take on that. :rofl:
What the heck are ya growin? :laugh:
Hope everything is going well Mucker.

Stay safe
Bill
:rofl:

If only I knew, @Bill284, if only I knew. Lmao. Morning sir. Hope all is well on your end too. Did you see Michael Hunt made a rare appearance? Lol.

So you have any thoughts on that Fulvia? Should I throw caution to the wind and not flip till she's 4,5' tall? I don't see how I can go beyond that.

If only I knew, @Bill284, if only I knew. Lmao. Morning sir. Hope all is well on your end too. Did you see Michael Hunt made a rare appearance? Lol.

So you have any thoughts on that Fulvia? Should I throw caution to the wind and not flip till she's 4,5' tall? I don't see how I can go beyond that.
I'm good this morning thanks. ;)
Hehe you know my thoughts already on Fulvia.:cheesygrinsmiley:
The bigger the better. :thumb:
If things go pear shapped, like you said supercropping is an option.
I know scrog produces so much but I love seeing a great big girl filling a great big tent. :love:
Missed Michael were you talking to him?

Stay safe
Bill

I'm good this morning thanks. ;)
Hehe you know my thoughts already on Fulvia.:cheesygrinsmiley:
The bigger the better. :thumb:
If things go pear shapped, like you said supercropping is an option.
I know scrog produces so much but I love seeing a great big girl filling a great big tent. :love:
Missed Michael were you talking to him?

Stay safe
Bill
Lol. Great minds think alike. I agree I'm letting her go a bit yet and let's push it. I went opposite ways on the two plants - Fulvia au nautral (just a ton of topping) and Elora the full treatment (like a canopy). The plants basically dictated that treatment I believe. And since they'll each inhabit their own half of the tent, Fulvia will not "rob light" from the shorter canopy. It's as if they'll each have their own tent within a tent as far as light goes given the bar light situation and the space. I couldn't care less what happens to the Mystery plant and the moment she compromises these two girls she's goneski. The autos also get relocated when we flip.

It's going to tell me a lot about yield with respect to training style doing them both opposite ways. Should be pretty cool to compare.

Yeah, he popped onto the thread briefly.

Lol. Great minds think alike. I agree I'm letting her go a bit yet and let's push it. I went opposite ways on the two plants - Fulvia au nautral (just a ton of topping) and Elora the full treatment (like a canopy). The plants basically dictated that treatment I believe. And since they'll each inhabit their own half of the tent, Fulvia will not "rob light" from the shorter canopy. It's as if they'll each have their own tent within a tent as far as light goes given the bar light situation and the space. I couldn't care less what happens to the Mystery plant and the moment she compromises these two girls she's goneski. The autos also get relocated when we flip.

It's going to tell me a lot about yield with respect to training style doing them both opposite ways. Should be pretty cool to compare.

Yeah, he popped onto the thread briefly.
The big jher I grew in coco I trained inside for months before going outside.
I topped her several times.
Wish I could find the pics.
She had these huge branches that split and split and split.
It's really cool to see what happens if you give it a few months growth after topping.
Fill er up. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Watermelon WeddingCake Auto
Day 33

I wanted to see this plant in real light one time in my life, so I pulled her out onto the driveway and took an overhead and a side shot. She's turned into quite the plant.

WWC real colors #1 overhead shot.jpg

WWC real colors #2 side shot.jpg

Raven ZZ

This is my mother's favorite house plant. It's a Raven ZZ. Fascinating plant. It's a low sunlight shade plant that lives on the lennai in a mostly shady spot. All the green growth you see is how the new growth goes for several weeks until it gets to the size of the established foliage, and then the green turns a shiny black. Crazy plant. She had this in a 2 1/2 gallon crappy ceramic pot with one little drain hole in the bottom. Lol. I said mom, let me FTFU. Up potted it into some spent soil and a 7 gallon geopot and then watered it in with Dr. Jimz Chicken Soup for the Soil (yes, I tried it on mom's plant, lmao). She looks a lot better in the new digs, and god, what a mess the roots were. Thick roots on this plant, like maybe four strands of spaghetti thick, and they were six inches deep in the bottom of the pot and everywhere else were solid roots top to bottom. I have no idea how this plant was still shooting new growth. But anyway, here she is, the Raven ZZ.

This concludes our unrelated post for the day.

Raven ZZ.jpg

The big jher I grew in coco I trained inside for months before going outside.
I topped her several times.
Wish I could find the pics.
She had these huge branches that split and split and split.
It's really cool to see what happens if you give it a few months growth after topping.
Fill er up. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
You'd basically have to to get a monster like that Jack, right?

You'd basically have to to get a monster like that Jack, right?
Hi @Bill284,,,happy Sunday. I've not topped a plant as many times as this big Fulvia is topped. Just about every productive looking branch on her is a double except for a few. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think I'm headed for 4 giant mains in the middle top, then a ring around them a bit lower, then whatever I keep from down low in the lowest ring. The next node from the middles is already caught up to the middle two, all four will be even and dominant. Should yield well this way, we'll see. She grows visually daily, and I'm literally going to have no choice but to flip fairly soon. There's no way on this earth they make 60 days in veg. They could, but I'd have to super canopy them, and I wasn't going for that this time. As they are? No way. Lol. Coco rules the universe of non-hydro.

But only if you want big, fast growing plants, right?

Lol! Actually a true and good point though. There are circumstances when I'll use soil on purpose because I can't have a huge and fast growing beast in the space. The outdoor rig I just made is a good example. I dare someone to grow a coco plant in that thing. Lol. That's the dedicated soil/GeoFlora station.

Day 34

After resisting at first, this girl has finally bent to my indomitable will. Look how sweetly she's shaped up for me. That ring is even all around and the top two colas. It should work out very well, in theory. There's somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 legit tops. Never really trained an auto quite like this before. What a bonus that she gives me all this time to play around, despite the day 23 misread. But now the show looks like it's about to begin. Let's see what she's got.

WWC 4 10.jpg

Lol! Actually a true and good point though. There are circumstances when I'll use soil on purpose because I can't have a huge and fast growing beast in the space. The outdoor rig I just made is a good example. I dare someone to grow a coco plant in that thing. Lol. That's the dedicated soil/GeoFlora station.
Really Dare Me :rofl:
:meditate:

Stay safe ;)
Bill

Really Dare Me :rofl:
:meditate:

Stay safe ;)
Bill
You have 32" of usable width left to right. Only 24" front to back though. And your plant can get to be no more than 38-40" tall, and that's including the pot. Good luck. Go for it. No growing it in a Dixie cup either.

:laugh:

Energy Redirection Day
Undercarriage Cleanup
Mystery Plant (SPUDBC)

Time for a bit of cleanup.

We'll begin with the easier one. The WWC auto didn't have a ton of flarfy growth underneath. It didn't take a lot to clean her up. Now she's nice and pristine and should produce very little flarf.

Here's the cleaned up undercarriage.

And here's what came off to achieve that.

The Mystery Plant was a bird of a different color. @Azimuth, I went ahead and did it. We now have some sort of weirdo topiary pot plant. I'll be very curious to see what happens upstairs now. It was a rather extreme redirection of energy, especially to do all at once. A bit of an experiment for a plant that's been the subject of several. I'm going to have to start paying this girl. And that was quite the chop. I would expect her to basically recover from that for a day or three.

Here's the serious chop downstairs.

Here's what came off to achieve that. Whoa.

And finally, here's our topiary pot plant with her new look.

I'm having a blast today. Feels good to have something to actually DO. In other news related to this grow, the Pluto Runtz seed, after several days, has been abandoned. She simply didn't want to pop. I have one left, but instead of trying that one I switched gears to a Bruce Banner auto from Expert Seeds. No need to describe the BB to anyone here. This seed has already spent one day in a cup of water and Great White, and is now in the paper towel. I can see this one is going to pop shortly. So the outdoor rig is going to house the Bruce Banner auto. Yay!

Happy Sunday guys. Almost time to watch my Phils finish sweeping out the A's.

More Fun with Infrastructure

The outdoor rig needed a door. I'm not going through the puzzle-piece stacking of various pieces of carboard every night at dark like I did last time. Unfortunately it has to be closed at night or I get emails from the HOA about the light shining across the pond into the houses across the way. So I created a nice, easy open, easy close, one piece door. Simply open it in the morning and close it at dark. Complete with four hinges which wrap around the cross pieces that hold the glass shelves in place normally. This thing works perfectly and makes my life 100x easier. All it is is clear packing tape, an old tent pole, a few twist ties, and a box cut and folded and taped to size.

Here's a shot of the door and a closeup on the hinges. Lol. The outdoor rig is now completed. In a couple days we should have a Bruce Banner auto living in there.

Door to outdoor rig.jpg

Hinges.jpg

Back
Top Bottom