Jon's ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro Grow

That light seems to be just the ticket, @Jon . Beautiful plants as always.

Does it ever get boring to never have any deficiencies or other issues with your grows? Asking for a friend. ;)
If only that were true.

If only that were true.
Case(s) in point:
- Tropicanna Banana…hermied
- Mandarin Zkittlez….hermied
- Crescendo….hermied
- Humboldt Dream…male from a feminized seed
- Banana Daddy Auto….nice but way runtish

All of that was from the same grow.

Wanna trade issues?

:rofl:

Banana Daddy Auto
ViparSpectra XS1500

The @ViparSpectra XS1500 definitely agrees with this plant.

One of VS’s strongest company objectives seems to me to be to provide an extremely high quality product at a price point the average grower can afford. I don’t know what the cost of the new XS series will be, but I know it will be affordable. On this count they do very well.

Another thing VS wins on is creating smaller lights in a number of sizes. Many many home growers are pressed for space, and VS fills that niche big time. I could be running one of these XS1500s in a 2x2 and it would absolutely crush it. A 2x2! I’m lucky to not need a tent that small, but many do. VS has you covered.

I’ll mention again the “customer service” angle too. I guess many of us know Vipar Val (Valerie, lol) at this point. There must be more of her reaching out to the growing community. Responsive, accurate, timely, super easy to work and communicate with - I have been very impressed. And we definitely have sponsors who are less engaged in our journals. It’s always appreciated when a sponsor stops by.

Thanks ViparSpectra.

Here’s our intrepid girl soaking up the sweet spectrum of the XS1500.

6BCD78E3-3CE7-4950-A80D-36B34CA6D525.jpeg

Excellent write up and results on your XS 1500 Pro @Jon

@ViparSpectra (Valerie) has been absent from the forum for a little over a week.
They may be busy with new products coming out.

Again, excellent job on the XS 1500 Pro review.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Pretty sure VS have been given a time out again ;)
Not sure on rls but after speaking with her dont see it just yet.
Also nice lights i have a P100 and a XS2000 will be nice to see the par vs them.
I have the specs but been told to hold of on showing them.
But there popping up all over (xs1150 pro) the place not just on this forum ;)

@Skunksta I was talking to Valerie this morning, and she did not mention anything.

I think they are busy getting ready to release the new lights to the public.

@Jon I will be putting two XS-1500 Pro in my 2x4 soon, with only one plant.
I am starting to look at strain selection currently.

I have a GSC I just started, so I will need to finish her, before I can use my 4x4 for Valerie's grows.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..

@Skunksta I was talking to Valerie this morning, and she did not mention anything.

I think they are busy getting ready to release the new lights to the public.

@Jon I will be putting two XS-1500 Pro in my 2x4 soon, with only one plant.
I am starting to look at strain selection currently.

I have a GSC I just started, so I will need to finish her, before I can use my 4x4 for Valerie's grows.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Ye i spoke with her today and yesterday BUT email i assume that was how you did also ;)

Banana Daddy Auto
Day 38

Loving life she is…

3234B5A5-C11E-4333-870F-BE1F5AD273AD.jpeg

Even getting hit with about 1100 ppfd this girl is begging for more. Damn light whore. Lol
I will say that the XS1500 Pro as I have it set up is fairly directional, ie, each light is pretty much dedicated to each plant. This is only worthy of note because for example, in this case the BD wants more light and the White Widow does not. So crank up the one light above the BD. Duh.

I owned a few platinum p300's and they had the same type of lens on each led.
Kinda directed the light straight down so spread on the edges suffered but better right under.
Might be how these work to get that extra few ppfd.
Dont think many people used the tec/lens.
This was more than 6 years ago now.

I owned a few platinum p300's and they had the same type of lens on each led.
Kinda directed the light straight down so spread on the edges suffered but better right under.
Might be how these work to get that extra few ppfd.
Dont think many people used the tec/lens.
This was more than 6 years ago now.
Hey @Skunksta - I tend to agree with you to an extent. What you said does seem to be the case with the XS1500 Pro. I’m not prepared to call the lensing yesterdays news yet, however. I have to believe that as LED technology continues to improve, the technology related to the lensing does as well. Interesting about this light - the new ones are different than the one there is a review in from VS. These have the lensing on the outside and regular flat diodes (no lensing) down the middle. Maybe that is their attempt to find the balance point?

Banana Daddy Auto

Here’s an interesting race for dominance, haven’t seen this before. On the right is the main cola. It is untopped. On the left is a second node branch. As you can see, they’re basically running neck and neck. This is great, but I expected the center main cola to shoot up and be significantly taller than the rest. Always showing you something new these girls. Who will win? Hell, it practically looks like it was Dual Sombrero trained.

B890716A-39BE-4849-8921-153F74E73233.jpeg

Banana Daddy Auto

Here’s an interesting race for dominance, haven’t seen this before. On the right is the main cola. It is untopped. On the left is a second node branch. As you can see, they’re basically running neck and neck. This is great, but I expected the center main cola to shoot up and be significantly taller than the rest. Always showing you something new these girls. Who will win? Hell, it practically looks like it was Dual Sombrero trained.

B890716A-39BE-4849-8921-153F74E73233.jpeg
Training through the stretch….

Once the plant is close to done stretching, it’s time to open her up. Since the second node branch caught up to the main cola, I spread her out a la Dual Sombrero. Everyone getting plenty of light.

1D131663-158F-4079-9C59-369C39F15E33.jpeg

1DBC0DE4-BDD0-41CA-BEAD-D2FFBEF953F9.jpeg

@ViparSpectra
Banana Daddy Auto

This plant will test your defoliation skills. She leafs up like crazy and hasn’t slowed down yet. I’m working every day to keep the center exposed to the XS1500 Pro. Maybe four or five leaves every day.

The main untopped cola and the second node branch that went nuts we are calling a tie.

The XS1500 Pros are both at 100% now. The plants simply adore the spectrum, which is one of the most important features of any light. Even at around 1100-1200 ppfd the leaves on the closest colas still give me a 45 degree plus prayer angle. That says to me that the plants are saying YUMMY.

The extra power the XS1500 Pro has gives you significant advantages in terms of flexibility. The dimmers are spectacular, and go all the way down to 5%. They are perfect in a 2x2 (one) or a 4x2 (two, as I’m doing), and I bet four would crush a 4x4. The extra ppfd that’s available and the degree to which you can tweak, all with no heat issues, means you can basically do whatever you want! Wanna go nuts and blast them? You can. Wanna be more conservative? You can do that too. This differs a little from the KS series, which is all about evenness of coverage and less aggressive flowering posture. The KS series, in my opinion, is perhaps the perfect beginner light as it’s almost foolproof and mistake proof. I would guess more experienced growers will gravitate to the new and soon to be released XS series I’m displaying here. Both are awesome in their own way.

Here’s some pics, including one of the new addition to the tent. I never actually stick a sticker on the tent, I hang them like I did in the Strawberry Haze tent. But this is a dedicated ViparSpectra tent - both the tent itself and the lights are theirs. So it is now dedicated as such.

EB0469F2-DA5E-459C-8122-846AB4F449EB.jpeg

115EA3C2-7789-4ED2-AAD8-2DE15A8ADF96.jpeg

12B0A5A2-D8A5-4828-895B-ECFEF7ADE944.jpeg

Looking good there @Jon

How much longer on the WW?

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hey @Tokin Roll, thanks for stopping in. I’m not sure. The first one was around 90, not quite if memory serves. Same genetics but I’d argue I got the indica pheno this time as she is shorter, stockier, has thicker branches, and has a number of wider leaves down low that the last plant did not have. So if that’s true, it likely will make a difference in the flowering time - I’d expect a faster finish and chunkier buds. So I’m guessing maybe 80 days? Today is 53.

Hey @Tokin Roll, thanks for stopping in. I’m not sure. The first one was around 90, not quite if memory serves. Same genetics but I’d argue I got the indica pheno this time as she is shorter, stockier, has thicker branches, and has a number of wider leaves down low that the last plant did not have. So if that’s true, it likely will make a difference in the flowering time - I’d expect a faster finish and chunkier buds. So I’m guessing maybe 80 days? Today is 53.
I have a Double Dose reunion gig on March 17 that I’m flying into PA for just for one night. When I return, basically all four plants will be fairly close, and all will finish between then and the first week of April. I’ll be a busy boy.

Hot Tuna is playing at Carnegie Library Music Hall in Munhall, Pa. on the 24th of April.
Is that the one you mentioned?
Hey @Tokin Roll - no, my first band, Double Dose, decided that it was time for a reunion gig. This would have been our 33rd year had we stayed together.

Here’s a show off of archive from a long time ago. The first three songs are original and I wrote the opener. My younger brother is on lead guitar and vocals. Keep in mind I sucked on bass at that point as I had been playing all of a few years when this show was played. I’m way better than this now, lol. But it’s alright.

Back
Top Bottom