Just how bad are gnats?

rhetorrikz

Theres a few around i could probably count 5 or so easily .
Growing in canna coco water daily, i think they like air pots since i added a few theyre showing up more than with hempys.
I have some scarid 10 spray and neem oil i guess ill alternate between them spraying the pots and top layer of coco?
This should be enough right ? Just how bad are they?

Howdy,
Gnats are a pain. If the infestation gets real bad they will affect your plants. I have them as well. I use the yellow sticky pads to keep the flying ones at bay. I also spray with basic fly spray. I dig around the top of the coco and if a heap start flying around, I spray with the fly spray and let the coco dry out on top, (don't water for a day or two, depending on how hot things are.) I've found it's very hard to completely get rid of them, but if managed, won't do any major damage. Good luck.

spraying the soil is one of the best ways to get rid of fungus gnats, as they lay their eggs at the base of the stem, and their larvae eat the roots. Another system, which you can use with or without the spray, is to cover the soil with a couple inches of silicone sand. The sharp edges tear up the larvae bodies.

I just went a week of alternating neem oil spray and dish soap/oil spray for mites, and it also got rid of the gnats. As long as you stay organic, the spray won't hurt your plants.

Back
Top Bottom