Keeping & creating mother plants

TheFertilizer

So I don't know a whole lot about this topic, I have taken clones and stuff before but usually helping other people out so I have never had to raise my own mother. Is it easier to try to take cuts off of your crop before switching to flower and then vegging out those clones until the original plants are done flowering? I don't really have space for a second veg room to do that, but I do have a little corner of the room next to my tent that I think a mother or two could fit and I have some 100w CFLs that veg'd three plants pretty well using 3 of them.

How do you keep them from getting too big though? Won't they eventually get root bound? It seems like a totally different tactic trying to keep a mother plant to be around for a while versus trying to grow a plant as big and as fast as possible to get to harvest quickly.

Also as far as creating mother plants, I have heard that if you take a plant out of flower and force them back into continuous that they would grow out a ton of branches ( I think it was called monster cropping or something like that) which seems like it would be pretty ideal for taking clones.

Finally, assuming I actually do get a nice mother going and start cloning off of her, then what size of tent would be adequate? I see a lot of little micro tents that would fit in this corner pretty well, but on the other hand they might be a tight squeeze and I am not sure the plants really need all the extra love just to be a cutting plant.

Sorry, hit the wrong button on phone.

I take clones before flipping to flower. If you're worried about the clone getting too big, then take a cutting as soon as you can, cull the "teen mom" and root the cutting. That way, you never really have a mother plant to take up space.

Hope this makes sense

If you don't have room for a mother and room for the clone you take from her to veg. Then you have to eliminate the mother.

If you take a clone just before flip to flower, and that clone becomes too big in veg before space in flower room is available, then you need an alternate solution.

One possible solution is "teen mom"

Take clone just before flip to flower. As soon as Cline is big enough to take a cutting,

Back
Top Bottom