KelticBlue's Ace Seeds Regular - Indoor - Soil - Mars LED - Small Tent

kelticBlue

What strain is it? Ace Seeds regular Mixed? unknown strain?

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? It is a regular non feminized of unknown strain (as of yet)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg. 18/6

Indoor: in Soil

What is in your mix? Second Run soil build your own organic soil CC soil type recipe with addition of crushed eggs shell and used coffee grounds during soil cook. Lots of roots left from previous plant.

If soil... What size pot? 7 gallon, only 5 gallons of soil really in pot

Size of light? Mars hydro 96x3 reflector LED (and a 250 watt CFL with wing reflector)

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? 75-79, 86-91 with CFL on
RH of Room/cab? 45-60%

PH of media or res? no
Any Pests ? no recurring Powdery Mildew
How often are you watering? 3 to 4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Homemade seaweed water. (gulfweed)
EWC, BSM, & Aloe water. Crushed sea shells

Lets start with the seed it self.

The seed is one of the free seeds Ace Seeds gives when you purchase seeds from them.
It is a Reg not Fem seed. So I have no Idea what it is.
But I took the picture of the volcano to see it the sexing of the seed can be related to the volcano.
looked very healthy to me.
not very scientific i know.

CIMG9570.jpg

I let the soil sit for about 3 months between grows. I kept it moist and fresh.
I know this soil is too hot for a seedling. I believe it has way too much N but that is probably not even beginning the description. There was a lot of plant matter trimming from the previous plant. The soil also got EWC, alfalfa, and seaweed mixed in after the previous plant was harvested.
I never planned on putting a sprout into it until it was at least 3 weeks old.

This grow started with less planning and fore thought than I would have liked. Lots of things went wrong as I started back up. I dropped the seed got the sprout and planned on starting in a solo cup for a couple of weeks.
Then all hell broke loose. Most notably I had a Gas leak in the apartment. Wall got torn up and all in the kitchen. I had to quarantine the sprout get it in the grow tent as fast as I could.
So the sprout in a peat plug went straight in to the big pot.
Here it is about 2 days old, poor little thing.
CIMG9571.jpg

This is where I start to see mildew on the stalk. Lack of airflow, humidity during lights off and cold mid-atlantic atmosphere are excuses the cause is my lack of cleaning and preparation.

At least I think it is mildew. I researched and am pretty sure.

Here we are at just under three weeks old.
CIMG9634.jpg
CIMG9621.jpg

I started treatment with a milk water spray at or just before light on. I have cleaned out the tent and used homemade lactobacillus spray like the unconventional farmer. I have followed up with some Sodium bicarbonate water spray and I also have the lesser known apple cider vinegar water solution waiting in the wings to follow up that. I also have the SNS 244 on the way (site sponsor Sierra Natural Science.)
-sierra-natural-science-sns-244

I like tying them down...3/5 gal pot drilled all the way around the rim every 2" and chenille pipe-cleaners from the craft store (longer than regular ones) works well.
IMG_069313.JPG

There are so many ways to manipulate them to get them to lay down, but I have tried a few and the chenille ties don't cut into the stems like string or wire... tie the mother down!!

logo8.gif

Back
Top Bottom