Thai Stick

Ace Seeds was the only breeder that sold then (thai strick) Do you know were one might look to purchase seeds ? Thanks

That's where I got mine from. They quit doing the strain I just started growing too; it's called Lao Sativa. Try e-mailing the company and see if they have any left in storage; that's what a fellow grower told me to do. It's been a while, so I don't know if they still have any left but it worked for me. Good luck!

Note: Today is 16 weeks from flip and about 14 weeks from the first sight of hairs. I'm not sure how much running the light at 11.5 hours on instead of 12 on shortened the flowering cycle, but they look close to done as far as the amount of brown hairs shows. New growth is happening so I'm going to let it go until the seeds look done (maybe a week?). I'll try to get a pic or two up tonight.

I wonder if it isn't humidity with the skinny leaved plants. :hmmmm:

I saw the table for Vapor Pressure Deficit again the other day and it's shocking. RH should be in the 70s to 80s if you're running high temps in the 80s. :thedoubletake:

vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small1.jpg

Greytail - That chart is fascinating. I'm going to print and laminate it for my garden room. Please tell me, what do the numbers in the crosspoints represent?

Look into it yourself, but I think it has to do with the surface of the leaves and the stoma and their ability to balance the passage of water through the tissues. Without enough vapor pressure, the pumps don't work right. :hmmmm:

Look into it yourself, but I think it has to do with the surface of the leaves and the stoma and their ability to balance the passage of water through the tissues. Without enough vapor pressure, the pumps don't work right. :hmmmm:

What I found is it represents the RH at which the air becomes saturated at a given temp. I just don't know the the figures in the cross points of the matrix represent. And, is that the most productive area to have for the girls in our lives? But it's a great chart. Great information.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The numbers represent the difference between vapor pressure inside the leaf and vapor pressure of the ambient air outside the leaf - the deficit.

You can calculate vapor pressure from the temp and RH of each, assuming the RH inside the leaf is 100%. Many of a plant's internal processes are dependent on the same sort of concentration/deficit states. Minerals pass into roots because their concentration is lower in the root and higher in the soil, so they will migrate into the lower concentration of the roots. When VPD is low, RH is too high outside the leaf, and the plant has difficulty in transpiration and growth slows. When VPD is too high, the air is too dry and the plant begins to lose the ability to regulate water in its tissues. The stoma shut down and the leaf edges curl. The plant has trouble supplying the growth tissues with the appropriate nutrients, and growth slows.

:Namaste:

I checked the humidity last night and it was 51%. The temps were 79.5 outside and 82 inside (the inside is the device itself set at the top of the tent and the outside is the wired probe hung at plant top height). Thai Stick plants at 16 weeks and 1 day from flip:

0032831.JPG
0111337.JPG

I'm gonna take a look at one of the seeds tonight. If it looks close to mature, I'll chop 'em next week:

0042642.JPG
0052483.JPG

Foxtails:

0101518.JPG

Good on ya, patience will Reward the patient. Gonna be killer I am thinkin, way to go chimper,, cheers

It's close to the end on this one, nivek. It didn't do well but I'm hoping the same; that it makes up for the poor health in potency. I'll try to get pics up tonight. About a week ago the plants slowed down on taking in water. I'm thinking of doing them in this Thursday (18 weeks from flip and about 16 weeks from first hairs). I think the seeds are ready (or will be by then).

And ... seeds! :yahoo:

You should try a no-mercy SOG with a bunch of 'em. Screw that 18 weeks crap. :cheesygrinsmiley: A dozen single colas in nursery pots might yield better than big ones.

:Namaste:

Figured out what journal I accidentally unsubscribed from...
Looking good. She looks sweet and sticky in those closeup pics- like she's going to be nice smoke- beats mine by a mile. Mine has been chopped, with no fanfare or glory after all this time- she was starting to reveg and turn weird. I have another biggish one in flowering already but I think Graytail's idea is better.

Anything's better than this :)

0081874.JPG

I should have shook the dead leaves off before I took the pics:

0052497.JPG
0091675.JPG
0062216.JPG

Here's one of the branches I seeded:

0072069.JPG

There's hairs popping out so I think I'll wait 'til the end of the week. I'm getting crowded out with my stuff in veg, so it might be sooner.

I'm not sure if the growth afterwards covered them up or what, but it doesn't seem like there's as many seeds as I initially thought on this Thai Stick mother plant. I picked at one of the seeds the other day and it looked green still. I decided to wait to chop them both. I'm backed up on my grows big time too, so I might take them out and put them in a dark closet for a few days. Decisions, decisions..... :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom