Lao Sativa & Hoa Bac Silver Flower

What strains are they?
Ace Seeds - (3) regular Lao Sativa seeds
Original seeds which come directly from Luang Prabang growers of the north of Laos.
It is a pure sativa with classic features of the southeastern asian sativas, very similar to the thai varieties in their appearance, aromas and high. However, unlike the current thai varieties, Laos has been more preserved from external influences, conserving the originality and authenticity of its varieties.
No doubt this sativa will be of great interest to growers and seekers of old legendary sativas.
LANDRACE STRAIN
100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING TIME INDOORS: 13-16 WEEKS
YIELD/M2: MEDIUM

Reeferman Seeds - (2) feminized Hoa Bac Silver Flower seeds
This strain came directly from Vietnam. It is a super strong sativa that is best non-hybridised. It grows like Cambodian varieties rather than Thai with wide leaves growing off bushy plants. The seeds were originally given by a Vietnamese friend of Reeferman's who wanted to promote the best of what Vietnam had to offer. These plants are from the Comere people and are the best landrace plants that Reeferman has ever had the privilege of working with. This strain will stretch during flowering but nothing like the extent of Thai strains, more like a well behaved Haze strain.
Genetics: Vietnamese Landrace Sativa
Variety: Mostly Sativa
Flowering Time: 11-13 weeks
Taste / Flavour: Citrus

Are they in Veg or Flower stage? Started germination in a paper towel today.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon at first, then I'll transplant up to 3 and 5 gallon pots.

Size of lights? A 250 watt Agrosun for veg (18/6) and a 600 watt HPS for flower (11.5/12.5).

Is it aircooled? The light reflectors have a 6" inline fan, and air circulation has a 4" inline fan.

Temp of Room/cab? around 77 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 52%.

PH of media or res? I don't check it.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water every two to three days.

Type and strength of ferts used? Happy Frog granulars for grow and bloom along with compost tea feedings about once a month.

:thumb:

re: Lao Sativa & Hoa Bac Silver Flower

Sounds like a good strain. I never made it into Laos. I was up in NE Thailand and was going to take the ferry across the Mekong and visit one time. They had these huge billboards along the river/border that warned about 'foreigners displaying 'hippie characteristics' , with a list of the most common 'hippie characteristics', numbered- with subsections like a,b,c... It was a very long list. I'm really not sure where they got their info from cause they had some really wacky stuff listed on there. I had a good laugh- but let's just say that after reading through the list - I decided not to visit Laos.

re: Lao Sativa & Hoa Bac Silver Flower

It brought back memories - I went and looked at a photo I took of one of the signs- the hippy section's not as long as I remember but here it is for you in case it comes in handy on your next vacation. And I am polluting your journal (again- I'm so sorry...:adore:)

Let's see...

BY VIRTUE OF SECTION 16: THE IMMIGRATION ACT, B.E. 2522 (year 1979).
THE MINISTER OF INTERIOR ISSUES THE FOLLOWING ORDER TO IFENTIFY AN ALIEN WITH 'HIPPY' CHARACTERISTICS.

1. A person who wears just a singlet or waistcoat without underwear
- Uh... No

2. A person who wears shorts which are not respectable
- Yeah we'd both rather not see me in those

3. A person who wears any type of:
a) slippers
b) sandals
c) 'thongs'
*Except when those are part of national costume.

- Wtf else would I wear? That's what everyone in all of Asia wears. It's 40 degrees out. Like, I totally protest, minister, dude.

4. A person who wears silk pants that do not look respectable.
- Nope.

5. A person who has long hair that appears untidy and dirty.
- Hmmm....

6. A person who is dressed in a impolite and dirty looking manner.
- Hmmmmm....

AN ALIEN WITH SUCH CHARACTERISTICS WILL BE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE KINGDOM. IF AN ALIEN DEVELOPS THE ABOVE CHARACTERISTICS AFTER ENTERING THE KINGDOM HE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DEPORTED.

I couldn't guarantee that. Especially in the morning time.
It goes on to set a few dozen more conditions- at which point I said 'F--k it'

Disappointed when I saw in your a Thai Stick journal that Ace has discontinued this strain as well. I almost emailed them to see if they have any left overs. Part of me thinks I should stop torturing myself with weird strains though. I'm on the fence...

Well just lay that fence sideways and SCROG SCROG SCROG!!!!! ;)
I'm just stubborn I think that's why I keep putting myself through this. I just want to get one right for once. I'd be so proud of myself I'd strut my thong right in front of the minister in a hippie like manner! :tokin:

Here they are popped up from the soilless mix (the one in the lower right of the first pic is the first Hoa Back Silver Flower seedling):

0052480.JPG

The second Hoa Bac Silver Flower:

0062202.JPG

Gonna be a long one it'll go into next year easy..... :straightface:

Note: These are all still under a 250 watt Agrosun set at 18/6 and will be until I chop my two Mendocino x Purple Kush plants, so I transplanted all 5 of them into 2 gallon pots of SSM#4 Advanced with 1 Tbsp. of Happy Frog all purpose granular per gallon of soilless mix this morning. I watered them in with RO water and CaMg+ and the next move is the 600 watt HPS at 11/13 hopefully in about a week.
Post pics soon.

Ol' scaredy chimp finally broke down and fed the Sativas :) They were still watered in from the transplant so I didn't give them much plus it was diluted to 50% strength. They look just a hair better today so I think in a day or two they're going under the 600 watt HPS to start flowering. As soon as I see hairs form on the two fem plants and I determine sex on the three regular plants I'll do their last transplant into 5 gallon pots.
Lao Sativa plants:

0013070.JPG
0022974.JPG
0032856.JPG

I think these two Hoa Bac Silver Flower plants are going to get tall:

0052507.JPG
0042668.JPG

I thought up a good take out food joke but I'm not gonna post it here 'cause I'm a good lil' chimp Asian weed gods be good to me! :Namaste:

At this point you can easily see the difference in the two strains. The lighter colored thinner leaved plants going in a line from the upper left corner to the lower right corner are the three Lao Sativas, and the darker green wider leaved plants are the Hoa Bac Silver Flowers:

0032864.JPG

They're starting to feed off of the broken down granular nutes; I can see it in the new growth on top. I'll do another 1/2 strength compost tea feeding (grow formula) before I see flower formation.

Both Hoa Bac Silver Flower (a.k.a. Vietnamese Mindfuck) fem plants:

0022998.JPG
0013097.JPG

I'll try to get pics up of the three Lao Sativa plants tonight; they're already starting to grow like Thai Stick plants and the two Dr. Grinspoon plants I have in there are growing like Old Timers Haze..... :(

Back
Top Bottom