Killer holiday

Re: killer holiday..

As withgards to my plants I've been reading a few things and it looks to me like salt build up!
Do you think that high calcium would add to salt burn?

yeah, you may want to consider
a softening system if it's that bad.
Gota washin' machine, will save wear and tear on it or other household water requiring appliances :)

Or use a soil mix that is lower to offset the increase.
Pain in the ass option.

Yeah,
Go to hydro since you gota' clean the water so much.
If it's that bad, look at the water before doing anything.
You can request a water report that will give you the TDS by asking the water company ... 'er you can in the US, anyway,
without raisin' (smrk) too much Notice to yourself.

I've been thinking of going Hydro . Theres a shop not to far from where I live.
I just thought I'd learn a bit of what to expect from a plant in its life time, what can go wrong and what it looks like when it does.
Soil is deffinatly the choice of the beginer.
Having said that I've not been at home all that much and i've ended up with a resevoir irrigation system that is basicly a classic hydro set up, just runing less frequently.
Thing that puts me of hydro though is that im a bit clumsy and I can just see myself tipping over or stepping through and cracking an 8L resevoir all overthe floor of my appartment. That's why all dutch houses have wet rooms instead of normal bathrooms.

I can imagine Hydro being quite messy though. All those water changes, and I would imagine it must be a bit hard to manage and keep cleen after adding so many products to the water?

You were right about the plants being root bound. It was almost impossible to untangle them and recaim any of the soil or perrilite. I know now exactly how I'm going to do things and I've got about ten, good, taking clones lining up in single file waiting for the push. As soon as they hit the seventh node, straight into flower and hey presto you end up with colas sticking out the ground. This is is how I did my last crop and it was pretty mind blowing and abundent!
I discoverd this by accident really, I had too many clones from my first four plants. I was going away and I had no room in the veg room, so thinking that it couldn't really hurt to experiment I put them in with the adults. When I came bact they were looking fine. Funny I think that I only waterd them before I left for ten days and they were still going strong. Anyway they ended up the perfect size for my new growspace and have been fruitfull. They were also alot easier to keep than my topped plants which have needed constant traning. I think that topped plants would probably bennefit from a deeper pot than I can offer.
This is where a hydro system would come in handy I guess, smaller rootballs and all that.
Hey Magoo, do you know where I can get some info on aeroponics?

I don't know about a plant but I seen this kickass ship in a jar :passitleft:

O.k all going fine, flush did the trick, all systems go!
Got a full flower and a over flowin' veg room life is sweet!
Just one question, I've got 3 northern light that I grew from seed and there all h iting the 5th node and doing me prowd. Thig is I want to top them and i've kind of messed this up before so I want to be sure this time.
I'm gonna cut them at the 7th node so I don't have long. What I need to know is that i'm right in thinking that I cut the growth point?

Yeh hight is a problem. I'd luv to let'em go free but I wanna try and get them in my flower room thats only 90cm from floor to bulb. I only really want them for clones so I've already written them of really. I let the plants that my present clones came from run from seed and I ended up having to get a rig going in the living room. This never works when you live with someone else, something gets moved or blocked and your plants die. Funny the person responsible always says in thier deffence that they thought it was odd that the fan was just blowing against the closed cupboard door, or that the irrigation line had a chair on it. Its stange to think but a growspace is more of an insurance pollicy than anything. your garden fence against vandals dressed as idiots.
With regards to the topping question. Do new shoots grow from the cut or does the plant just grow the new colas from the existing 2 grow points just below the cut. I ask this because when FIM'd more colas are achieved. Where do these Colas come from? Cut or Node?

Back
Top Bottom