Kindly Buzz off...

I was in town on sunday and there were 2 of these idiots standing on opposite corners with huge 3 feet by 5 feet signs with a picture of a dead fetus laying in an open hand. It was the bible thumpers again.
I rolled down my window and yelled at them to being such pricks that they had to show picturess of dead fetuses on public sidewalks.lol
People like this have as much to do with christainity as Louis Farrakhan does.

Human beings are nothing more than cancer causing bacteria on this big ass living planet called Earth. BUY A TELESCOPE! That's what I tell everyone to prove my point. Even a cheap telescope will give you an idea of just how small and insignificant we really are. That being said, there is no reason to deprive ourselves while we're here.

Marijuana is a gift from Mother Earth, and no fuckin culture war is gonna stop me from smoking it. Life is too short, and for many people far too boring, not to indulge yourself in something that will make it all worth while.

This afternoon I was on my way to grab some food at the various tail-gate parties (it's game day, afterall). I was with some friends, smoking a delicious Kali Mist Jay (with some honey oil for that extra ZING) and as we were passing the campus Christian Center (go figure) a small group of students walk out. As they were passing us, they noticed the joint in my hand and felt it was their civic duty to tell me how I was destroying the world by contributing to rise of crime and general moral downfall of today's youth. Now, I'm really high...and so I wasn't much for counter-arguments at the time (took me awhile to realize they were talking to me...forgot I had the joint, lol), so after a long-winded diatribe about my unholy habit, I simply walked after saying "what would Jesus do?" I don't know what that meant, but they seemed confused enough to not respond.

I could have spouted off tons of facts about how harmless marijuana is, how their fears are nothing more than media-fueled propaganda, and how the weed i was (currently) smoking was homegrown by one of my friends and not in anyway linked to the drug trade...but fuck it, you know? These people were so far gone from the realm of common sense that any effort on my part would futile to convince them otherwise. So fuck it. At the end of the day, I won't lose any sleep over the fact that they disapprove of my actions. It's something that makes me happy while, at the same time, not in any way harming someone else...so what's there to feel guilty for?

Sorry, stoned rambling, just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Anyway, game day, GO HUSKERS! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:goodjob: Had a neighbor tell me today" there are no medicinal properties at all in marijuana" You are so rite, it would be futile to say anything, so I just fired up another one:smokin:

You should have told him that his religion has contributed to just as many deaths and crime, and maybe more than your habit?

Weed was never meant to be tied to gangs and violence. Pity it is. =(

You should have told him that his religion has contributed to just as many deaths and crime, and maybe more than your habit?

Weed was never meant to be tied to gangs and violence. Pity it is. =(

Yeah, I could have, but what difference would it have made to them? It would have just prolonged the argument, and I really tend to avoid conflict when stoned. I say live and let live, so it's a pity they couldn't afford me the same courtesy.

Older married couple knock on my door this morning passing out a comic book looking brochure. I proceeded to give them fair warning of my atheistic beliefs, then got creative.
I compared their belief to believing in Superman (hey... they handed me the comic book), and their biblical tome to a Superman comic book. The woman tried to tell me that there was nothing but fact in the bible. I asked her how much room was left in the Ark after the elephants were loaded.

After many words I tried to close with an explanation that they had "faith", where I needed something to hang my hat on better than "faith" and that's why I believe what I believe, but in the end, just ended up closing the door.

Cheap morning entertainment for me.

Cheers

great stuff everyone... i think we would be better off without religion but that isnt going to happen any time soon.

religion can be great on a personal level, i think spirituality can only be practiced by the individual. for some its praying, others its dancing all night and banging drums, fasting, taking mind altering drugs. to think there is only 1 correct way to worship is selfish.

but when it becomes an institution that tells you the rules like a government or business and is run by employees there is no hope. all truth and good in the books become the fuel that feeds war, greed, ignorance, or whatever the agenda is for that day.

i know lots of christians but i dont know more than 2 that have ever opened the bible and read something in it. the agenda of the religion becomes the agenda of man and not the agenda of god. we have yet to see a civilization withstant the trials of time, and each one of them had their own god(s) and religion. each with many similarities and many differences, they all have failed.

if you are religious, keep it to yourself and your friends. religion should feel good, and the only way to do that is make up your own mind about what is right and wrong. and when you do dont push your ideas on others because like i mentioned (many civilizations, many gods, all failed) your answer is no better than mine

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

Karl Marx

Now that you mention it, I don't personally know any Christians who can quote the Bible. I can, and I'm not religious.

BTW, you know what Jesus would do? ABIDE.

I think you did the right thing MrGrunge.

Back
Top Bottom