LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

I just see it as something I have to do to support the community.
I get that for sure..thats the reason I began voting to begin with. To bad there wasnt a way to keep the plants anonymous...but followers obviously know their buddies plants.

I felt my vote didnt make a bit of difference, that could be because I voted for who I honestly thought deserved it...for example - rather than voting for you because your a badass friend, I voted for Joe Shmo because he had a stellar looking plant!

My only time entering I'm pretty sure I recieved 1 if not 2 votes... And I'm fairly certain it should have scored in the top 10, AT LEAST (that's a fair assumption). Perhaps because nobody knew me, or I wasnt crazy active on here? Or possibly because I have zero idea what a nice plant looks like? Lol, I'm guessing the first scenario is more likely. That whole ordeal kinda swayed me away from the contests in general. Its not a pity thing, a friend thing, or even a clique thing..but unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.

Hopefully I'm not coming off any kind of way :circle-of-love: nothing but love here! Of course I have a little Dad syndrome, but I'm also not blind :lot-o-toke::passitleft:

Looking like beast mode.
I cant belive more people don't vote.
I always try and vote blind to the names. I once voted for myself that way lol.
Thanks my dude :battingeyelashes: and I'll get back into it, just to try and level the field a bit!

I also try and vote that way, isnt that how it's "supposed" to be done? :passitleft:

I love stretch, makes for long colas and lots of buds!
:D i’m Still waiting for a grow where i get some decent stretch - since io started with OGS kit I’ve had ‘incidents’ right around crucial times and have yet to achieve nice long colas that look that particlaur way.
Brixers vote for brixers (typically)
Not always :)

I vote the plant i most would like to have grown myself - that’s my criteria. If i dont contain it like that i can never decide - too many reasons different grows can impress.

I’m pickier with NOTM. It has to be something I’d want to toke on, but i think the cure and the trim are really important there. Still see fresh buds get lots of votes tho’, just folks preferences, And yes, they are sometimes for the person rather than the product, but that’s the world. Playing fields are hardly ever really level. I find it’s better for my mental health not to think about it :hmmmm: . There are just too many variables that could contribute to how anybody votes on any given day. Mine is often mood related! :laughtwo:
always try and vote blind to the names. I once voted for myself that way lol.
:rofl: I do that too. I’ve never voted for myself by accident tho’

:D i’m Still waiting for a grow where i get some decent stretch - since io started with OGS kit I’ve had ‘incidents’ right around crucial times and have yet to achieve nice long colas that look that particlaur way.

Not always :)

I vote the plant i most would like to have grown myself - that’s my criteria. If i dont contain it like that i can never decide - too many reasons different grows can impress.

I’m pickier with NOTM. It has to be something I’d want to toke on, but i think the cure and the trim are really important there. Still see fresh buds get lots of votes tho’, just folks preferences, And yes, they are sometimes for the person rather than the product, but that’s the world. Playing fields are hardly ever really level. I find it’s better for my mental health not to think about it :hmmmm: . There are just too many variables that could contribute to how anybody votes on any given day. Mine is often mood related! :laughtwo:

:rofl: I do that too. I’ve never voted for myself by accident tho’
Lol...I threw "typically" in there! That's a good way of putting it though. I think thats probably how I vote as well. That and the skill/time they seem to have put in!

Some plants also have a really cool backstory, but don't always get to hear that part..at least I don't with only keeping up on 6 or 7 journals. So yeah, definitely lots of variables! :passitleft:

Grabbed some more pictures of the Choclope over the weekend! She's cruising along on day 14 of flower today (22 since flip). Did a pretty heavy defol Saturday, left some lower fans on...dont they hold nutrients? Not sure it'll help but didnt want to leave her to bare lol. Any advice on that is appreciated!

Thought she seemed to be losing color and yellowing up rather quick so I mixed up a little tea. Hopefully she doesnt get tempermental! I used 2 TBSP of kelp meal and 2 TBSP gro-kashi, mixed in a mason jar full of water and let sit for ~24 hrs. Strained into just over 3 gallons of water with aloe, silica, and microbes added in. We should know a little something by morning!

Was working out in the yard today and noticed sone comfrey already in high gear! This will be their first year technically, last year they were planted as root cuttings. Stinging nettles are also gaining some size finally, but didnt think to get a picture of them for some reason..so next time!

Here's a little sneak peek of what was going on in the garden this morning!

Dark devils havent had any attention lately so I'll start with them..they are on day 32 & 34. The oldest one is easily 30" tall, absolutely crazy...thinkin shes done stretching finally. Such strange and unique growth from these things.

They have also been acting finicky here more recently, like the soil is a little too hot for them...which is odd as its 3rd or 4th run soil. And havent gave anything but RO water throughout their life's. Upside is I now know my soil has all the oomph it needs for the photo plants! :headbanger:

Chocolope is on day 16..the tea I made didnt seem to bother her in the least bit, so may make up another one this next weekend or shortly after..keep everything rolling along nicely!

Definitely noticed some strong scents coming out of the room this morning :circle-of-love: next time I'm in there I'll try and see what I can pick up on, though I'm not to good at that part!

Chocolope looking proper!
Thanks brother! :passitleft:

Looking great brother.
My dark devil didnt like anything I gave her kinda like a diva. I was left wandering what the fuss was all about. Mine turned out bland on flavor and effect.
Different stokes for different folks I guess.
Thanks for swinging by brother :thumb: ...I probably wont be growing DDA again, unless this one happens to be something more appealing than the last. Maybe I need to smoke a whole joint of it and see what happens! I dislike the structure, bud formation, and the diva-ness though lol. Have a good rest of your day DK!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom