First Time Medical Grow in Soil

This will be my first time growing anything. Unfortunately the selection and price of the dispensaries here are awful so I'll fix it myself! Planning on 4 plants in a SCROG most likely. Seeds are supposed to arrive on Tuesday and the grow will start immediately. I got the tent put up today, will get lights hung, fans set up, etc tomorrow and will post some pictures at that point. Looking forward to sharing the grow with everyone and the inevitable help I'll need!

What strain is it?
Strawberry Cake, Blue Dream, Candyland, Romulan
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Still in seed form at the moment
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
2 in 1 5x4 tent
Soil or Hydro?
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil Mix
If soil... What size pot?
will flower in 7 gallon fabric pots
Size of light?
Veg and half the tent for flower will be lit by @Budget LED Series 2+ Red Spec 250 Watt Light
Other half during flower will be lit by 2 "1000 watt" Sunraise blurples (~170 real watts)
Type and strength of ferts used?
Will be using Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Soil Formula

Great choice in lighting and pretty much everything. Fox farm is a great soil and I use it during colder months when I don’t have compost available.

love the choice in seeds. What’s the size of the flower area?

Cool. That sounds like it will be handy.

how many are you going to grow?

I’d think if scrog I’d go 4 and fill out a 2x2 area each plant.

Assuming no Postal Service shenanigans, tomorrow's the big day! I'm giving some thought to adding Critical Mass CBD do the list and doing it, with Strawberry Cake and Romulan in the middle 2x4 and letting the Blue Dream and Candyland sativas do their tall\slender thing in the outside remaining 1x4 sections. This seem like a smart plan, or am I doing my typical over thinking of it?

Assuming no Postal Service shenanigans, tomorrow's the big day! I'm giving some thought to adding Critical Mass CBD do the list and doing it, with Strawberry Cake and Romulan in the middle 2x4 and letting the Blue Dream and Candyland sativas do their tall\slender thing in the outside remaining 1x4 sections. This seem like a smart plan, or am I doing my typical over thinking of it?

Sounds like a good plan! :thumb:

Let there be light!

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_192904.jpg
    IMG_20200217_192904.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 99
This is one of those questions that will give you different answers that will all work. I like to stay at 18/6 until they are ready to flower because it’s easier for me.

I think you’ll be fine with the heat mat. My basement is around the same temperature at the moment.

:high-five:

I'm interested to watch the Romulan. When a seed cracks it's called germination, when you plant it and it breaks ground that's called sprouting. When you need cannabis for medicine it doesn't make sense to buy it, unless you have a drug plan that covers it. Growing your own really is the only good option. You can find lots of help and advice here if you need it.

Here's Candyland about 5 hours ago. It's now developed 4 leaves and has moved out from under the dome. Starting to get a little worried that none of the others have sprouted yet with how big this one is.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_122708.jpg
    IMG_20200222_122708.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 88
Here's Candyland about 5 hours ago. It's now developed 4 leaves and has moved out from under the dome. Starting to get a little worried that none of the others have sprouted yet with how big this one is.
Looking good! Congrats on the new baby! The other will come soon too hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom