LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

Looks pretty nice to me LH!
Thanks brother :)

Looking fantastic there LH. Those are getting big and chunky!
Appreciate the kind words! Sure hope they can keep swelling up at this rate :surf:

Nice stiky spearheads.
Yummy
:cheesygrinsmiley: thanks DK! Im loving me some DNA genetics..this girl and the 24k have been my two most pungent strains. And as you said, sticky as all get out :headbanger:

These are mites for sure, but if they don’t chew on the leaves, then they’re not pests and might be predatory. As far as gnats I’m just treating my soil post harvest. I dried it, sprinkled some cinnamon on it and today I blasted some hydrogen peroxide. Couldn’t believe how effective it was to kill the larvae, they died in like 3 minutes!
Only on a couple different occasions have I seen "chewed" on leaves...but have seen a ton of distorted, spotty, and sometimes almost a moldy/burnt look to them. They definitely hang out on the plant, and everywhere else it seems lol. Post harvest sounds good, always tricky treating a flowering plant! Cheers:passitleft:

So they’re broad mites, but don’t worry cause in this craft you either had them, will have them or are having them just right now :)

If you think she can withstand their attack I’d suggest a simple cleaner: alcohol with lemon diluted with water. You’ll keep them at bay this way. You can also give her a shower or a rinse!

So they’re broad mites, but don’t worry cause in this craft you either had them, will have them or are having them just right now :)

If you think she can withstand their attack I’d suggest a simple cleaner: alcohol with lemon diluted with water. You’ll keep them at bay this way. You can also give her a shower or a rinse!
I did that the last flowering cycle, no lemon though..it definitely helped a bit. I also think she could handle it!

I think spinosad also helps, but neither completely removed them I dont think. Or maybe I just contributed it to it being winter and 15° outside :hmmmm:? I try and give her a high pressure rinse every time I water but sometimes forget lol. I think these guys are hairier than the broad mite, with the setae all over..longer ones on the booty

PIC DUMP!!

Been pretty busy lately between family stuff and work, so haven't really had a chance to update anything! Haven't kept up on journals either...and I hate falling behind :eye-roll:

Chocolope is on Day 30 of flower today...steadily drinking about a gallon of plain RO water a day in her 15 gallon pot. On occasion I'll add aloe, silica, or LABS. But thats pretty seldom as of recently! She still continues to kick ass though :drool:she even looks kinda brixy if you ask me, other than the shotty leaves!

One spare pot (fungus gnat farm) has been removed from flower room and was topdressed onto the veggie/herb garden...the 10 gallon might also make its way there shortly. Though I'm having a hard time of wanting to let it go, its absolutely loaded with minerals and high quality compost (newest mix)...that will make for some very expensive tomatoes :rofl:

And lastly, we finally got the seedling tray full! Just wish I had another spot to put them under a light to slow the stretching...might need to rig up my closet with a couple spare COB's lol. I love this time of year :circle-of-love:

Thanks for joining me :high-five::passitleft:

Shes a beaut man. I wouldnt worry with those leaves id say she has a high metabolism. Nice hefty gal. :high-five:
Thanks brother :high-five: we hope thats the case! The whole ordeal has never affected the quality, it still blows dispensary weed out of the water no questions asked. I'm beginning to worry less and less lol:passitleft:

BTW... This morning, fungus gnat numbers were down from the other day at least 50%, likely more! Removing spare pot, letting other spare pot dry out (really didnt want that to happen), rearranging my fans, topdressing BTI, and spraying spinosad seems to have helped a bit. So apparently there is no lazy way for me to go about battling fungus gnats! What a bummer..

Chocolope - Day 38 of Flower

Been kinda boring around here lately...not to much to report on. Chocolope is doing great still, estimating another 3-4 weeks for her! Still drinking about a gallon a day, but expecting that to go up a little with the heat coming in.

Got some pretty pictures this morning though..super hard to get good lighting with a smartphone, had a couple shots turn out to have pretty true color though finally! Here they are

Not that the other pictures are bad by any means, just have way too much light reflecting off of them! I do love the little bright pink sugar leaves she's developing :circle-of-love:

dried it, sprinkled some cinnamon on it and today I blasted some hydrogen peroxide. Couldn’t believe how effective it was to kill the larvae, they died in like 3 minutes!
Hi Conradino :ciao: Could you elaborate on this for me please? I have some used 1st run soil that I need to get cooking and it could probably benefit from this.

What does the cinnamon do? Attract them? How strong is the H202 mix? and did you soak the soil deep or just the surface?

And, last question, do you have to wait a while before re-amedning and cooking the soil or is it ok to mix and cook pretty soon after the treatment?
:Namaste:

In hindsight I’d skip cinnamon, didn’t seem to do much and my fungi are strong :)

Hydrogen peroxide on the other hand is very effective even if non-organic. You just blast it on top of your soil and it kills all the larvae that hide just under the surface.

As far as soil is concerned I don’t cook it or amend it much. It’s no-till operation, so I let the root decompose a bit and then I remove it and put a new plant in its place.

I have an air-pot that’s running for the 7th time and last run yielded excellent quality Dosi-D with very sparkling and clean taste.

But I have to emphasise that I use REAL soil not peat, so my nitrification ratio, CEC, C:N ratio and microbiology is way different!

Some pictures from day 41 of flower! Pretty pretty girl, at least I'm going out with a bang :headbanger:

For the next round, coming in a few months, I got the castings and rock dusts ordered from Agrowinn (the best AFAIK)...they even gave me a coupon code (agfe10) for 10% off my order. First time using them, but have heard phenomenal things. Their rock dusts is of great consistency, that much I do know! You guys should check them out if your in the market for some A++ quality castings!

Pics:

Also made a 1 1/2 batch of gummies, of the strawberry kiwi variety :circle-of-love: now that my tolerance is back down a considerable amount!

Getting my list together for the rest of the upgrade...including blu mats and "honor cannabis" grow beds! Trying to be as hands free as possible, with only minimal amounts of foliar spraying! Should be exciting :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking great man! :passitleft: Beautiful flowers on that and nice long colas :D

What gummy recipe do you use? They look great. What’s is the powdery stuff sprinkled all over the gummy trays? :hmmmm: (I havent made gummies yet - it’s probably something obvious if I had ever read a gummy recipe, which i haven’t...)

But I have to emphasise that I use REAL soil not peat, so my nitrification ratio, CEC, C:N ratio and microbiology is way different!
Thanks :) Yes, I was thinking about the kit soil so that is way different in texture.

My raised bed is ‘real’ soil like yours too (but not at all like yours in other ways - no beautiful Italian soil here!). I’m still building it so it will turned a bit this year and then tested again after the next summer grow and then I hope to leave it as no-till as much as possible going forward. It couldn’t be more different in texture to the PM based DBHBB kit soil - which feels like growing in caulk fluff! :laughtwo:

Technically all peat based medium is soilless due to high C:N ratio of about 58:1. Probably it’d take 10 runs and a lot of mineral and organic amendments to make it into “real” soil.

Back
Top Bottom