Leaves and plant not looking well

Some examples from my own on how you pick up damage WITHOUT KNOWING then put it down to other things after the incident ( something so simple can make you think your in trouble) ,
With the older plastic pots the outer dried off but it takes fabric all day to dry :) ( just a thought to fellow grower to look out for these strange marks and give a second thought first before thinking the worst :thumb:
Hope this helps
P1110796.JPG
P1110797.JPG
P1110798.JPG
P1110799.JPG
P1110800.JPG

i see a lot of fabric pot damage , it happens over time , when you soak your plants the leaves hang , when you don't fill your pots the leaves rub the sides , when you water or feed in fabric the pots cloth stays soaked so when the leaves hang , touch or rub with the fan blowing a lot of this damage happens, then as the plant grows and time passes you see the damaged leaves appear so you put it down to something that's just happened and not what happen a week or two ago , Not sure if i would flush as they look hungry for a (K) hit ( how it looks to me )
i see these marks when not filling pots or my leaves rubbing off other WET pots , its like given them a foliar feed with excess nutes , the tips fray off also , ive seen it a lot with fabric and the reason i caught on is that its the fist ive used them and noticed straight away after a grow in them :goodluck:

20201231_155928.jpg
I appreciate the info! I'll show you how my plants look now...if I can do this.

20210121_174728.jpg

20210121_173656.jpg

I hope I’m not missing any reply’s. I’ve been a member here a while and still not very good at maneuvering this forum. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts. My two plants are still kicking. One has pretty good trichomes and the other one I’m hoping will produce more. Probably could have been better but we had a bump in the road...got me some good seeds so hopefully my next round will be better. I’m excited to try again.

Nothing wrong with that - looks pretty great there Regi, yep I’d hit that
You think? Awesome! I’m guessing I have a week or so left. I’ve gotten freshen up on what to look for to bring them down. I’ve stopped the nutes and I hope the timing is right.

Still got a ways to go yet, she’s got fresh fluffy pistils so she’s bulking up, prolly won’t grow taller at this point but buds will continue to plump out
You think it will be more then 2 weeks? I was trying to give it just ph'ed water the last week but idk how to judge that. I haven't grown since 2017. I was hoping it was gonna get considerably fatter bud but I had a little bump in the road so I wasnt sure.

i have problem too but it happened to 1 plant ,two are same environment (different strain)
Does anyone have any recommend about it?
living soil
compost tea 1 time per week

S__29532166.jpg

S__29532168.jpg
Is that two different plants or a before and after? There is a good chart that Bill284 put on this thread for trouble shooting. I don't know your growing set up is but for my issue and strain I did what the members recommended and its gonna make it. I lost a lot of leaves and the plant looks homely but it seems to be producing good bud. I started using nutrients every feeding bc it appears the fox farm trio is not very high in NPK and I got a deficiency.

Hey Regi, apologies missed a day or two here. When she’s got fresh fluffy pistils all spiked up she is still bulking up, it wont grow taller but the buds will gain density, it could be 2 to 4 weeks (more or less) depending on progress, lights, temps and nutes etc. But your girl looks great.

The plain water is ok but consider that there’s no need to starve her of nutes as she’s trying to finish up the flower cycle. There is a myth that flushing or plain water removes nutes from your buds. Flushing or feeding plain water can clear the soil or grow media of left over chemical salts but plain water or flushing cannot remove nutes from your buds, the plant takes up whatever nutes the plant takes up, the plant can’t tell the difference between NPK Cal-mag from a nute bottle or NPK Cal-mag from a well built supersoil or living organic soil. But if you feel better with plain water feedings that’s cool too.

Hi Thanyawit,

That first plant looks hungry for cal-mag, do you have anything to supplement with? Most soils don’t have the necessary cal-mag requirements. Yes even if both plants were of the same chemovar or strain, growing in the same media and enviro conditions they are still unique individuals and each will require nutes at different rates or ratios. But you said 2 different strains grown in same soil & same conditions, that simply means the top girl is more hungry than her tent mate and is sucking nutes from lower leaves to fill the void in her diet.

I‘m going to ask @Patient Puffer or @Bill284 to stop by, these dudes have forgotten more than I will ever learn about growing weed plants. Hey guys - can you take a look at this one?

I’d suggest waiting until they or others can reply...

Hi Thanyawit,

That first plant looks hungry for cal-mag, do you have anything to supplement with? Most soils don’t have the necessary cal-mag requirements. Yes even if both plants were of the same chemovar or strain, growing in the same media and enviro conditions they are still unique individuals and each will require nutes at different rates or ratios. But you said 2 different strains grown in same soil & same conditions, that simply means the top girl is more hungry than her tent mate and is sucking nutes from lower leaves to fill the void in her diet.

I‘m going to ask @Patient Puffer or @Bill284 to stop by, these dudes have forgotten more than I will ever learn about growing weed plants. Hey guys - can you take a look at this one?

I’d suggest waiting until they can reply...

I liked what you wrote about these guys, such great people, helpful :love:
As well as yourself of course

There are tons of other great growers right here on these boards! Correctly identifying a plant problem or nute deficiency is not one of my strengths so I aim to bolster this
I appreciate you all helping me out. One has been harvested and the other is still hanging on. Unfortunately, ppl are losing their electricity in our area..supposedly doing rolling black outs to conserve energy and our time has not come yet. I had to shut down all the lights except for one 600 watt LED. No water either but thank goodness I have several gallons sitting out.

I appreciate you all helping me out. One has been harvested and the other is still hanging on. Unfortunately, ppl are losing their electricity in our area..supposedly doing rolling black outs to conserve energy and our time has not come yet. I had to shut down all the lights except for one 600 watt LED. No water either but thank goodness I have several gallons sitting out.
Omg how cold is , are you ok?

Omg how cold is , are you ok?
I'm in Texas.. hope it's ok to say. I think it's about 20 right now. Most everyone I know is wo water and electricity. So far we are just wo water. When I realized that the Texas grid couldn't handle the overload of electricity I felt I needed to cut back the lights. Hopefully half strength will keep it going for a bit. Thank you for asking. ❤

Back
Top Bottom