Leaves and plant not looking well

Regi254

Happy New Year to everyone!

I have two plants under one Mars Hydrogrow TS 600 LED light and one Penetrator Sol 2 Hydrogrow 170 w LED in FF Ocean PH balanced soil. 10 gallon cloth bags. FF liquid nutrient trio. 36x36x72 grow tent with a 4 inch 190 CFM duct inline fan. I started from seed the end of October. One is a bag seed and one I purchased about two years ago from Amsterdam, Afghan Kush.

I started flower about two weeks ago and they looked good. Was using FF veg nutrients half strength when I realized I had the bottle for two years so I purchased more on Amazon. I fed them full strength w the Big Bloom and Tiger Blood for flowering. ( Concerned about purchasing on Amazon). About two or three days later I had spots on the leaves. So I used Neem Oil and sprayed the leaves when the lights were about to go out x 2 days.. thinking maybe it was a fungus or bacteria. I've watered a couple of times since then w ph'ed water only. I did a foliar spray w epsom salt yesterday... thinking its maybe a nutrient deficiency. They look worse everyday. Leaves are coming off. The spots have bc more like irregular bigger death spots. The bottom limbs are wilting.

I've only grown a few times so I'm still new at this. I would appreciate any advice. This is my 1st grow in two yrs and I now live in a different climate. I battled w too much humidity from my 1st location however my plants came out pretty good. Now my humidity runs very low around 30. I keep the temps around 75.

I'm worried the FF nutes are bad. Actually I'm clueless.

Thank you!

20201231_155928.jpg

20201231_155859.jpg

20201227_050450.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone!

I have two plants under one Mars Hydrogrow TS 600 LED light and one Penetrator Sol 2 Hydrogrow 170 w LED in FF Ocean PH balanced soil. 10 gallon cloth bags. FF liquid nutrient trio. 36x36x72 grow tent with a 4 inch 190 CFM duct inline fan. I started from seed the end of October. One is a bag seed and one I purchased about two years ago from Amsterdam, Afghan Kush.

I started flower about two weeks ago and they looked good. Was using FF veg nutrients half strength when I realized I had the bottle for two years so I purchased more on Amazon. I fed them full strength w the Big Bloom and Tiger Blood for flowering. ( Concerned about purchasing on Amazon). About two or three days later I had spots on the leaves. So I used Neem Oil and sprayed the leaves when the lights were about to go out x 2 days.. thinking maybe it was a fungus or bacteria. I've watered a couple of times since then w ph'ed water only. I did a foliar spray w epsom salt yesterday... thinking its maybe a nutrient deficiency. They look worse everyday. Leaves are coming off. The spots have bc more like irregular bigger death spots. The bottom limbs are wilting.

I've only grown a few times so I'm still new at this. I would appreciate any advice. This is my 1st grow in two yrs and I now live in a different climate. I battled w too much humidity from my 1st location however my plants came out pretty good. Now my humidity runs very low around 30. I keep the temps around 75.

I'm worried the FF nutes are bad. Actually I'm clueless.

Thank you!

20201231_155928.jpg

20201231_155859.jpg

20201227_050450.jpg
Sorry brother I’m not using any of the neuts or soil you use. But is there any calmag in it. Also that black on big leaf in last pic does it wipe off or is leaf actually black.

Sorry brother I’m not using any of the neuts or soil you use. But is there any calmag in it. Also that black on big leaf in last pic does it wipe off or is leaf actually black.
Everyone thinks imma guy. Lol! I appreciate your response. I'm just sick about my plants. They were beautiful before I added the nutrients.
The black doesn't wipe off. That black is even crunchy like. As if they are burned but the tops are doing well. Leaves look good and the four cola branches seem to be strong. I'll check on the calcium. I'm not sure. I don't think I'm gonna use this batch again. I should go into a brick and mortar store and know what I'm purchasing. I have a weird feeling they are bad. I guess not knowing the seller they could be expired or just bad.
Do you think it looks like a calcium deficiency?

Everyone thinks imma guy. Lol! I appreciate your response. I'm just sick about my plants. They were beautiful before I added the nutrients.
The black doesn't wipe off. That black is even crunchy like. As if they are burned but the tops are doing well. Leaves look good and the four cola branches seem to be strong. I'll check on the calcium. I'm not sure. I don't think I'm gonna use this batch again. I should go into a brick and mortar store and know what I'm purchasing. I have a weird feeling they are bad. I guess not knowing the seller they could be expired or just bad.
Ok here's what it says.. for flower it has calcium nitrite listed in the ingredients with no percentages and magnesium as 0.5%. Do you think it could need some calmag? This is only my 3rd time to grow and last time, two yrs ago these nutes got me through but maybe that's what I need. I cant decide if it's worth saving. Today the four main colas on one plant looks good after watering with epsom salt lastnight and I also sprayed the leaves. But the leaves are not so great looking. Thx so much for your help!

It looks like a potassium def. I apologize for calling you brother.
And I never use that soil so don't even know what to recommend.
Possibly flush that soil and try feeding again.???

I had issues every time I used fox farms line. I finally switched, but I have friends that kill it with just the big 3. I have scene black on the leaves like that. Is your grow area clean? Makes me think leaf septoria, but I’m not 100% on that.
It is clean. However outside the tent there is carpet which I don't like too much but the tent and room is clean. I thought at first it was a fungus or bacteria situation..so I used neem oil as a foliar spray for two days. Didn't help. I have several of George Cervantez and Ed Rosenthals books which I had studied faithfully and then I felt it was more on the deficient side but it is so confusing.

It is clean. However outside the tent there is carpet which I don't like too much but the tent and room is clean. I thought at first it was a fungus or bacteria situation..so I used neem oil as a foliar spray for two days. Didn't help. I have several of George Cervantez and Ed Rosenthals books which I had studied faithfully and then I felt it was more on the deficient side but it is so confusing.
I don't know how much mag you get from Epsom salts . Its only about 10% in it.
Again I never use it so?

I had issues every time I used fox farms line. I finally switched, but I have friends that kill it with just the big 3. I have scene black on the leaves like that. Is your grow area clean? Makes me think leaf septoria, but I’m not 100% on that.
@odinsmaster do you have any other ideas here or know anyone using that soil currently who could help?

@odinsmaster do you have any other ideas here or know anyone using that soil currently who could help?
I battled this same shit in my grow journals here in my early days. I finally switched nutes. The best help I have is flush your pots. I would flush with ten gallons of fresh water, and then 5 gallon of ph water with 5 ml per gallon of cal mag.

I battled this same shit in my grow journals here in my early days. I finally switched nutes. The best help I have is flush your pots. I would flush with ten gallons of fresh water, and then 5 gallon of ph water with 5 ml per gallon of cal mag.
Thank you so much.

So maybe a flush and feed nutrients with calmag and maby leave out the Epsom salts till you get a handle on things.

What do you use?
So maybe a flush and feed nutrients with calmag and maby leave out the Epsom salts till you get a handle on things.
I really appreciate your help. They are still alive today and the four main stems seem strong, topped once so I have four. Leaves still looking bad. Gonna get some calmag asap.

It looks like a potassium def. I apologize for calling you brother.
And I never use that soil so don't even know what to recommend.
Possibly flush that soil and try feeding again.???
Not a problem at all!! I use Regi cuz I'm Regina and I've found that not one person thinks Regi is a girl. Lol! Your the 1st one I've even told. I appreciate your help! Flush, feed calmag. Gotta plan now:)

Screenshot_20210101-162353_Chrome.jpg
Take a look at this chart.
I appreciate that! I am using the Fox Farm trio. I was worried maybe I got some bad stuff bc I went through Anazon. I talked to the company and they said the worse that could happen is them be out of date or not stored properly. So I learned a lesson on where to buy my nutes. Not Amazon.

I appreciate that! I am using the Fox Farm trio. I was worried maybe I got some bad stuff bc I went through Anazon. I talked to the company and they said the worse that could happen is them be out of date or not stored properly. So I learned a lesson on where to buy my nutes. Not Amazon.
Regi, what do you ph your water to? How much water are you giving each time and do you see any runoff at all? How often are you watering?

Regi, what do you ph your water to? How much water are you giving each time and do you see any runoff at all? How often are you watering?
I ph whatever its suppose to be..I know the color of my water when it's where its suppose to be. Like 6.5, I believe. I would go look but it's in the dark room. I let the water sit out bf I use it like a day or so. I use 8 gallon cloth pots so I can tell when it needs water when it feels dry on the bottom. Usually every three days. I try to water slowly until I see run off coming out. Sometimes it's alot but I dry out the trays. The last water it took about 1 gallon per 8 gallon pots. I use to live in a coastal area and I fought the humidity and used a dehumidifier. Now I live in a dry area and it stays in the 20's and 30's. I'm beginning to think maybe I should be watering more then I did back on the coast. I have cal-mag coming tomorrow. I can't decide if i should give up or keep going.

20210108_072518.jpg

i see a lot of fabric pot damage , it happens over time , when you soak your plants the leaves hang , when you don't fill your pots the leaves rub the sides , when you water or feed in fabric the pots cloth stays soaked so when the leaves hang , touch or rub with the fan blowing a lot of this damage happens, then as the plant grows and time passes you see the damaged leaves appear so you put it down to something that's just happened and not what happen a week or two ago , Not sure if i would flush as they look hungry for a (K) hit ( how it looks to me )
i see these marks when not filling pots or my leaves rubbing off other WET pots , its like given them a foliar feed with excess nutes , the tips fray off also , ive seen it a lot with fabric and the reason i caught on is that its the fist ive used them and noticed straight away after a grow in them :goodluck:

20201231_155928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom