LED companies and their light descriptions

Hashassinz

Been away for awhile trying to perfect my grows. I gotta say I bought some 300w mars hydro light I grew the most dankiest buds ever grew in my life. But my yield really suffered. Compared to hps light, but imo bud is way better with led and everyone I know says new buds r way stronger but less dense. Now I wanna get stronger LED grow lights to increase yield and denser buds, but fml and LED companies. Its like I need to go to school to find out whats the best deal on LEDs. Imo their is more bs in led companies trying to sell their lights. I can barely even tell what's a better light with all watts the same. Like I can't understand how one 400w light can almost go for 1000.00$ and another 300w light go for 80.00$. Like wtf couldn't I just buy like 11 300w lights for less money. Surely 11 300w lights gotta outperform a 400w led that cost a 1000.00$. So idk if I am just really baked but I wish someone or some website could break it down real easy but still haven't come across it yet. So just saying I love led but its like idk which snake oil to buy next.

You could always try asking the companies for a spectral analysis and compare them to see which ones suit you best.

I personally like any light with the Cree COBs. If you check the spectrum output of different Kelvin temps then you will see its a more even band than the spikes you get from red/blue lights. Although, they can be pretty spendy.

Right now I'm running my diy lights with 12 cxb3590s and I'm stacking nodes even from 3ft away. The quality is great too! Healthiest plants I've ever had!

Thanks for the reply, now U just made it worse on my life. Now I gotta go learn all about cobs to see what's better. Damn lighting is so confusing to me or I am just making it that way. Feel like when I switched to led lights it was like giving a computer to a cave man. Atleast with mh/hps light I knew about what I was gonna get from it. Leds on the other hand say things like equivalent to a whatever watts mh/hps even though watts r way different between the 2 and its accuracy is like just whatever the company claims. But loving the energy savings so gonna go through all this to find my perfect setup 4 me.

I would say check the grow journals on this site and see what LEDs were used. That may narrow it down some. If they do not give the information you are looking for in regards to the final product, ask them about it.

I grew with a 600W hps and yes the yield was large even with poor plants. I switched to LED mars for the last year or so and added more as the year went on and still have not got back to hps yields. Which is fine by me as I am all about the quality.

LED has a better plant spectrum. That is why the quality is so good. HPS has serious intensity so that causes that yield. You are researching it at a good time as there are some seriously "intense" LEDS being made now. Intensity and spectrum are usually the reason for the increase in cost but not always..

I recently expanded and decided to give the black diamond PS1000 on a mover a try. I followed some grows using them and the video's showing the par and intensity seem pretty legit. They are a 420 sponsor with a discount on the PS1000 but I am not affiliated or anything. But it was shipped fast .. in the US...I've seen some results and I truly believe the grow is all about the lights.. Not saying there arent cheaper good options. But I felt the amount of use it gets if there was a difference then it would be worth it.

Do some google stuff about it... Stuff is developing so amazingly fast!

:peace:

FE

Most LED companies lie about the wattage of their lights. The good companies dont need too. A 300w draw panel is not equivalent to 600w hps etc.

So look for a panel withe cree and osram, they are quality components and look at the wattage draw.

Just ask to see what people are producing before you take anyones recommendations. ive seen loads people pushing LEDs but when ive looked at their plants it makes me wonder what goes through peoples heads.

heres some pics of plants I grew under 1030w Ninthplanet LED panels. vegged for 3 weeks.

20160922_161511.jpg

20160922_161505.jpg

20160919_212333.jpg

20160928_202146.jpg

20160928_202153.jpg

20160919_212314.jpg

20160928_202124.jpg

20160919_211048.jpg

20160913_204431.jpg

Unfortunately i dont have pics of finished product as these plants were killed in my absence but it gives you some idea.

Back
Top Bottom