LED grow in 5' x 10'

whereisjeff

HI everyone, I'm going to start a grow in a 4'9" x 9'6" tent and I want to fill it with LED lights instead of 2 x 1000watt HPS. But I can't decide which LED lights to get, there's so much confusing info out there and I need to make the right decision and not sacrifice on yield or quality. So I've got to get some powerful lights, 3watt chipsets and high output.

Here's two different companies that I'm considering, please chime in if you have any comments or suggestions. Or if you know of any great deals on LED lights out there right now!

- 2 x Pro-Grow 550 Watt from Hydropponics Hut, only $849 each! The have a decent website with links to grow journals on 420, but none for this model. ANd when I tried calling the phone number, it was disconnected.

- 2 x BD700 from Black Dog LED, about $1200 each if I buy two. Pretty pricey, but he swears they can replace two 1000w HPS, but they run at over 700watts each, so really not much power savings.

Any help from the LED masters out there would be greatly appreciated!

whereisjeff

I'm actually doing an experimental grow right now using ONLY led. The PRO Grow 550 watt led from HH. I just flipped the plants to 12/12 a couple days ago (the 23rd).

I do two indoor grows over the Winter. This year, I found myself with lots of 12-18 inch clones from cuttings I'd taken from some awesome specimens I grew outdoors this summer. So since they are all vegged out nicely, I figured it would be interesting (and smart use of the well-vegged clones) to flower them under only LED.

I've been using LED for vegging with great results. I've purchased 8 LED grow lights in the last couple years (90 watt UFO type) -- 4 of them from Hydroponics Hut. Ben has given such stellar support, fixing the blown power supplies on the first two UFO's I purchased from HH... We got to talking and he suggested that the 550 Pro Grow could handle my entire room. 12 plants in 6 1/2 feet X 6 1/2 feet

This test grow is being published on my blog. 420 Mag doesn't allow linking to it.

FYI -- I'm NOT employed by or affiliated with Hydroponics Hut in any way. Just a customer. In fact, I'm not employed or affiliated with ANY related products vendor.

I'm a Master Gardener (did I say I love to garden?), and a grower/caregiver for licensed card-holders in my state. Helping people with growing and developing their medicine is a passion of mine. And I do a fair amount of research and development in this area.

Hi MariJuanita! Thanks for your input. I decided to buy two of the Pro-Grow 550's, I'm really excited to get them and see if they can really flower like an HPS. Ben was really good about answering all my questions, he seems pretty solid so I decided to go with him. I'm thinking about doing a journal here, I'll post the link if and when I do so everyone can see how they do.

I've got 1 BD700 in a 3 X 5 closet. Right now it is kicking the living shit out of some super lemon haze, motivation, strawberry haze and hawaiian snow. Except for some ph issues at first, this light is frigging incredible, I really think the results will speak for themselves. Glad there is someone else on the bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom