LED Hempy Bucket Screen Of Green - Tribals First Attempt Using LED

I will have to add more gh grow for the nitrogen phosphorus problems and epson salts for mg for now on. The cold nights issue hopefully has been resolved which lockouts nitrogen from absorbing if roots get too cold. Man I have had so many curve balls thrown at me so far. The problem is that getting used to using these nutes and what ratios suit each plant. May need to also drop the ph lower and let it rise. At the moment nute ph level is 6.1.

Hi all due for an update: End of last week I suffered a major mg deficiency with both plants showing dark purple stems, veins and my leaves going yellow. I re-potted back into into buckets and flushed with added Epsom salts and they are now looking healthy once again. Small indica is in half soil/ perlite and the other is in full perlite and now growing more rapidly and are back on feeding schedule with nutes. My goal is to keep vegging until clones can be taken and then into clone tent under T5 as mothers. I have a plan for converting the black container into a dwc for flowering but might first try 2l hempy sog, then do a screen using dwc. The light schedule is working great keeping the room between 24c - 30c. The leaves now are getting larger on both plants and I continue to spray the plants once a day with epsom salts. I cannot stress enough you should add cal/mag to your nutes.

IMG_16919.jpg

IMG_16926.jpg
IMG_16945.jpg
IMG_16937.jpg

Update still vegging: I have topped both and have given them a trim. I'm going to try clone there tops but could be 50/50. Both plants have been going quite wide and leaves getting bigger. I have tried to keep the canopy level on both buckets and will put a screen across them shortly. I'm only feeding every third day and plants are nice and healthy.I'm getting lots of bud sites on the small indica plant and hopefully more soon on the bigger skunk. Both strains are staying short and would love to have a couple of buckets of these going on the next round.

IMG_1745_bush.jpg
clon5.jpg
IMG_17445.jpg

IMG_17454.jpg

IMG_174710.jpg
IMG_17488.jpg

Never seen such thick rubbery looking leaves on a plant before looks awsome :)[/QUOTE]

That's called a mg, phosphorus, over watered deficiency or just really f)$cked-up and the reason my grow has taken this long. I'm now in sync with the grow and hopefully one day may finish the grow. I haven't smoked anything since Christmas and really, really, really looking forward to smoking some of this.

Ohh I see I thought it was strain specific charecteristic or something didn't realize it was due to issues
Damm no medds since christmas.... your home grown will taste so sweet
Pleased youv got your grow going well now :)

I'm glad that I have not smoked doing this grow, as I would have pulled by now. I'm just going to fim a little this week and might just flip the week after. Doing a screen would take a least another few weeks and I do need some thc in my body. Your grow is coming a long nicely.

I'm glad that I have not smoked doing this grow, as I would have pulled by now. I'm just going to fim a little this week and might just flip the week after. Doing a screen would take a least another few weeks and I do need some thc in my body. Your grow is coming a long nicely.

......thankyou it seems to be going ok for me at the moment wondering if the long veg time during scrog will pay off for me with decent yields fingers crossed........ yeah scrog would put a few weeks on you fimming is a good idea I was thinking of putting that into my scrog. In actual fact I don't no why I never, I'm sure I read somewere that after fimming you should allow the girl 2 weeks recovery before flipping 12/12

Subbed for many reasons! Great looking girls! Hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride!:popcorn:
Bit of a vested interest in the grow as I just installed the same light for my 1st indoor grow (the 4 panel 600W version though) and want to see what it can do!
A few questions if I could ask; why did you decide on the soil mix you settled on? and I'm a little confused; is your jiffy pellet in straight perlite now or the African Violet mix in a hempy cup? does this not turn the res to mud? nevermind flushing?
I don't know if you mentioned if you're using tapwater or r.o.? assuming you're on R.O. with the cal-mag def's which are looking much better but could you explain your thought process on not feeding the first 3 weeks? and your current schedule
IMHO your Ph is too high if you're in straight perlite, CA is locked out above 5.8 in hydro, not high enough if you're soil (why I asked about your mix)
PH and Nutrient Uptake charts!
Also you mentioned you're putting the girls "back into the bucket" in week 5, to what? recover then scrog? sorry, can't follow the bouncing ball.:hmmmm:
Sorry, I get long winded LOL can't wait to see more pics!

Update: I have moved the clones to the clone tent with T5 light. I have decided to start winding back the hours down today from 19/5 to 17/7. I want to be at 12/12 by mid week and allow the plants to adjust over the coming days. This strain has tested me and would not mind trying something else next time. I have been Fimming, trimming over the past week and seem to have gotten a lot bushier.

To answer some of the questions I used African soil with perlite in one bucket, as it has Low nitrogen, high potassium and high calcium and I wanted to stick using GH nutrients for nitrogen.

The African soil is good for flowering but also wanted something instead of using vermiculite with perlite. The small indica was really struggling in perlite/vermiculite and the soil mix helped fix some of the deficiencies I was experiencing with this plant.

The jiffy peat pellets are handy for moving the seedlings around from different sizes containers but I now cut the bottoms material off as some roots can find it hard to get through. I have been using rain water from my outside tanks and ph is 7.

I should have used cal/mag but been using epsom salts and should be using ph up/down but been using citric acid/ bicarbonate but has helped a lot. The ph has been going in 5.8 and rising to 6.1. I should be dropping it a little lower like 5.5 and rising to 6.1. Still a noob in this area.

I also have another 2 2700k cfls to throw in if needed as backup for flowering.

family13.jpg
small_indica_2.jpg
small_indica.jpg
skunk_110.jpg
skunk213.jpg
inside_her_legs.jpg

Update: Things turned bad during the week the small indica in soil got nute burn due to build of of stagnate soil. I had to do an emergency transplant to perlite and clay pebbles. The main root system was still healthy but the bucket smelt of swamp water. The other skunk I let the water run low to restart fresh watering and feeding. The clone of my soil plant is doing really well with a strong root system heading down the res. It pays to take clones as a back-up. Now have to continue vegging. The plants look a little flat due to wire scrog screen being on top during the week. Once plants are healthy I will be taking more clones.

sad_family.jpg
nute_burn4.jpg
dry5.jpg
clone49.jpg

Update: Things turned bad during the week the small indica in soil got nute burn due to build of of stagnate soil. I had to do an emergency transplant to perlite and clay pebbles. The main root system was still healthy but the bucket smelt of swamp water. The other skunk I let the water run low to restart fresh watering and feeding. The clone of my soil plant is doing really well with a strong root system heading down the res. It pays to take clones as a back-up. Now have to continue vegging. The plants look a little flat due to wire scrog screen being on top during the week. Once plants are healthy I will be taking more clones.

I had a feeling that soil perlite combo would run into complications down the line, Good thing that you identified the problem and fixed it right away, doesnt look like they lost a beat very nice! stop by my journal if u get a second thanks!

I have put the re-potted plant into clone tent under T5 for recovery for time being. I have decided to flip 12/12 on the healthy skunk plant as it looked eager to move on in life and grow some buds. The new watering plan for transition started yesterday. The Led other switch has been flipped to flower and also have a extra Red cfl for side light has been added. I decided to leave the screen off for a few days and see how it goes.

T5_recovery.jpg
T58.jpg
12_flip_2.jpg

All clones now showing roots and growing well under T5. This T5 110 watt light only cost me $40.00 and is perfect size for this little tent with the right amount of heat & light being produced. The clay pebbles are working well with only quarter perlite in bucket and rest filled with clay pebbles. The repotted small indica is doing well and may put in flowering tent next week.

Getting close to end of first week since 12/12 flip and needing to water every second day and stems getting thick. White hairs have appeared which makes me happy.Still feeding transition nutes and will change to flowering nutes once buds start forming.

small_indica_recovered.jpg
clones_rooted1.jpg
flowering16.jpg
female36.jpg
white_hairs.jpg

IMG_18677.jpg

I had a feeling that soil perlite combo would run into complications down the line, Good thing that you identified the problem and fixed it right away, doesnt look like they lost a beat very nice! stop by my journal if u get a second thanks!

I wouldn't of thought using perlite with soil would cause any I'll affects. Perlite is commonly used to aid drainage.
My personal grow uses 42litre pots made up of around 35litres soil to 7litres of perlite. I realy like it and haven't had
problems with it in previous grows

Back
Top Bottom