Hempy Bucket Mainline WW x BB Lucas Formula 100% Perlite

gearsofweed

Hi Everyone.

After being inspired by contributors on this forum, here is an experimental hempy bucket grow for your consideration

Special thanks to King426 for the inspiration.

Strain - White Widow x Big Bud.
Method - Hempy Bucket, 2.5 Gal, 100% Perlite.
Technique - Mainline, Nugbucket. From seed.
Tent - 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m
Lighting - 250w cfl early seedling, 2x 600w MH + 1x Mars Hydro 700w LED veg, 2 x 600w HPS + 1x Mars Hydro 700w LED flowering.
Ventilation - 1x intake fan, 2 x standing fans for circulation.
Nutrients - Lucas Formula Micro / Bloom, Calmag, Diamond Nectar, Liquid Koolbloom (early flower) & Dry Koolbloom (late flower), Vitalink Flush, RO water.
Ph - 5.8 / 6.0
Watering Schedule - approx. every 5th day seedling, every 4th day veg, every 3rd day flowering (tbd)
Co2 - Experiment using colonising oyster mushroom jars.

Sorry if anything is missing.

Root riot cubes to be purchased tomorrow, will wash with ph'd water and towel the seeds. Now to set up the new tent in a room too small for it...

420-magazine-mobile315039811.jpg

Just testing the photo upload feature on the app.

FYI that was the last Holy Grail Kush. Went a bit overboard with the flush due to the continuous new growth, but she was a very nice smoke

420-magazine-mobile1880214129.jpg

Tent is up. Seeds in towels. Get root riot cubes tomorrow and wet with RO water (no time today, sun is out )

Mate turned up with a couple seeds. Think she's eager to see how the buckets turn out on her strains. 1 x Dinafem Blue Cheese & 1 x Northern Lights Auto. Have put them in just in case they don't all pop / turn out to be male. Space is gonna be an issue I think.

420-magazine-mobile1434075238.jpg

Day 1

Per US gallon;

1.25 micro, 2.5ml bloom, 1.25 calmag, 0.3ml h202 (12%, thought I'd keep it low), 1.25 diamond nectar.

Ph ran 5.8 no adjustment. Didn't read ppm, meter busted will get new one when affordable.

Hygrometer available in 5 days. MH bulb will be here soon hopefully.

Rinsing perlite is the WORST! You don't read about that in journals. Figured out the best way to do it was 90 litre tote, drill loads of holes in the bottom, prop up in bathtub on a couple spare 2x4 and rinse with shower about 30 minutes. Anyone who reads this will save hours of their time.

MH bulb in, powerplant 600w. Dimmable lumatek ballast at 400w till fan becomes available.

Question. Usual practice is to use 2 MH in veg for 10 girls (2 runts discarded from initial 12, anticipated). Thoughts on 1 x mh and 1 x led for veg, pros / cons.

FYI. Was initially skeptical about watering schedule advice, however since previous watering there are still no signs of thirst. Assuming root riot plug may retain significant moisture beneath perlite cover.

Hey there gearsofweed, going to sub up for this grow. I like a good hempy grow. You can check out my finished journal for more info if you'd like. I grew some autoflowers in 5 gallon hempy buckets but with perlite and some vermiculite. I had tried some more after that grow but they weren't going well for me due to environment issues in the basement (real low humidity in winter with furnace running) so I transplanted them into promix instead and they took right off. Hempy's are a great drain to waste system and I really recommend them if the conditions are right, you having a grow tent will really help, I grow in an unfinished room that I built for gardening.

Anyways, will stop in another time to see how things are going. Best of luck!

Oh and as for your question about the MH and LED for veg.. Pro's will likely outweigh the cons as long as you aren't light bleaching the plants. What are the wattages on both of these lights? The biggest thing that you will see is a rise in daytime temperatures so you will have to accommodate that with air exchange / cooled hood for the MH. Otherwise I would say go for it, I have seen several others grow with LED and HPS in their flower rooms with great results.

420-magazine-mobile2015068401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2015405481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile108723838.jpg

Day 7 (fed on day 6)

All is well. Same feed as before except doubled on peroxide cos of the green patches on perlite assuming algae.

Slow growth, wonder how long till they hit rez.

Don't know which ones got substituted cos gf moved the pots when fitting the fan and now we don't know which is which, but that's fine cos they'll all be getting the same treatment.

Side note, after feeding 6 days later, they showed no signs of under feeding. Still, will try be bit more regular, just I work far away and gf has back problems (I can take credit for those )

420-magazine-mobile1731242111.jpg

Holy grail kush meds curing getting sweeter by the day.

Hey man. Looking good so far. They may take a week or so to hit the res but you will for sure notice when they do as them roots go searching to water. If you are worried about the algae on the perlite you can cut a round piece of plastic with 1 slit to the middle and slide it over the perlite and around the plant. This will keep the light from hitting the perlite which is causing the green to appear. It will also help retain moisture in the bucket and won't need to worry about the buckets drying out as fast.

Hey man. Looking good so far. They may take a week or so to hit the res but you will for sure notice when they do as them roots go searching to water. If you are worried about the algae on the perlite you can cut a round piece of plastic with 1 slit to the middle and slide it over the perlite and around the plant. This will keep the light from hitting the perlite which is causing the green to appear. It will also help retain moisture in the bucket and won't need to worry about the buckets drying out as fast.

Agree with dick23rk. Usually around day 16-21 they'll hit the res and take off. I too sometimes put pieces of card board over the perlite when algae strikes.

420-magazine-mobile264759466.jpg
420-magazine-mobile29446356.jpg

Day 13
Same feed, they seem to be happy with it.

All looks good. Nothing new to report, except new growth which is good. Concerned they're going a little slow, but again understand that they'll still need a week to 10 days to reach the rest. Excited to see the explosive growth. Don't doubt it's coming though.

420-magazine-mobile107740993.jpg

Some coconut oil extract. Figured this stuff will do well in gel caps for pain relief.

Stay blazed and have a great weekend everybody .

420-magazine-mobile1855510104.jpg

Day 20

Same feed strength.

Due to work commitments, not been available for the girls regularly, but even though this is day 7, still no signs of thirst or hunger which is surprising. The 5th node is popping up there on all of them. Will probably top them down and train once 7th node has reached.

Will double up on nute strength after next feed. It'll be done by a friend in the same field as holiday is coming up Sunday, so no updates for approx 10 days.

Guessing gonna miss the initial explosion of growth, hoping friend sends pics.

Be cool and stay blazed people

Hey again, hope all is well on your holiday! Yes I hope your friend takes some pics for you every other day. It's so fun watching these plants blow up in a hempy bucket. They are all looking very healthy which is the main thing. Once you get back from your holiday be sure to top them as they will be ready by then for sure. You could have even topped at the 4th node once the 5th popped out but either way it's worth the wait. Maybe even they will be tall enough that when you top at the 4th node you may be able to make clones from the tops if they have grown to the 7th node or so by then. Just a suggestion if you're looking to try your hand at cloning. If not just throw the top away :) Either way I'm sure these are going to be some bad ass plants in a couple weeks! have a good one my friend, will be anticipating the update when you come back.

Back
Top Bottom