A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

Yo Grouch, hope your back is feeling better.

The ladies are lookin nice sir; fine work if I do say so myself! +rep

On the N toxicity -- I actually have that too (best I can tell). I recently reformulated my nute ratio so that I have an N-P-K of 1-1-2. It's only been 24hrs since I flushed + renuted at that ratio and it seems the effected leaves are starting to perk up already (but maybe it's just me not being awake yet). We'll see.

See that "S" is giving you a rep already... I'm telling you dude, perfect a "G" ;)

I don't know a lot about growing yet, but I too have been happy with mainlining results. My plants have quite a flat "top" and I haven't had to do any training beside the mainlining in veg.

Have a good weekend, and take care of that back of yours!

Over and out.

On the N toxicity -- I actually have that too (best I can tell). I recently reformulated my nute ratio so that I have an N-P-K of 1-1-2. It's only been 24hrs since I flushed + renuted at that ratio and it seems the effected leaves are starting to perk up already (but maybe it's just me not being awake yet). We'll see.

See that "S" is giving you a rep already... I'm telling you dude, perfect a "G" ;)

I don't know a lot about growing yet, but I too have been happy with mainlining results. My plants have quite a flat "top" and I haven't had to do any training beside the mainlining in veg.

Over and out.

Agreed! Hope your doing well grouch and Makin a speedy recovery ! As always love your plants brother

:bravo: heck yeah man, I love this place. I'm on here daily since I joined and just constantly reading. I got a couple more months before I'm done with active and back home so just waiting waiting and reading reading lol. I already got a good amount of grow stuff waiting at home, haha wife may be mad but that's the first thing i think I'm gonna do when I get home :420:

Ohh so you just trimmed the males up to throw out ? And sounds great about the knowledge, always love hearing from you and your thoughts on things

NICE MAN! being off active was the best thing ever. being able to call in sick for work is nice! :rofl:
I bet you cant wait haha

thanks again camo!

plants look amazing Grouchy ! , it is a bit difficult to keep the light penetration good with northern lights , they r too bushy , mine seem like always in need for trimming and i fear overdoing it , i cut some leaves every week but that seems to slow the bud's growth a bit.
Anyways i was thinking that in my next grow i'm definitely gonna grow some sativa dominant hybrids , with a northern lights plant also , now i imagine the problem will be keeping an equal canopy for all the plants , and that will need alot of training for the sativas , i'll definitely be learning alot from ur journal here , and i hope u get some great yields afterall , ur doing a great job man , totally artistic :grinjoint:

yeah though! aren't they crazy bushy!? almost too much. I don't think id choose northern lights for mainlining. A 50/50 mix of indica and sativa would be best. Not too tall, not too short.

thanks though! I appreciate that! I cant wait to see your picture update soon!

I LOVE the s curve on that one plant, WS! Really piques my interest in the topiary cannabis arts :) All your girls seem bursting with exuberant flowering energy, gnats notwithstanding :)

thanks glimmer!
I cant wait to see what the bud from that S looks like. Maybe bud of the month? :allgood:

yeah unfortunately the Mystery #1 bud growth is being slowed most likely due to the N tox. I'm going to give that one a separate feeding schedule with low TDS. I'm starting to think its a pH problem so I'm gonna check the runoff tomorrow to see where its at. Hopefully it speeds up a little. I don't want to do a million week flower. ha!

damn, dude.

i need to experiment with mainlining and other training "programs" for my girl and future girls.

good job, bro... lookin' lovely

Hey thanks for stopping by MrMiracleGro!
Yeah, mainlining is actually fun. and its a front loaded process meaning once the training is done in the first few weeks, you just sit back and watch! give it a try. Or stick around to see if you like the results. :high-five:

Over and out.

WHATS UP MAN!?

thanks! they seem to be doing okay despite the N tox problem. But that's good to know about the ratio you are working with. My problem is because I'm using FloraNova Bloom (Lucas), I cant adjust the ratios like that. I can however lower the dosage from 8ml/gal to something lower for the remainder of the grow and maybe slowly increase it if it needs it.

I'm anxious to see if that treats your problem because an N tox in flower can be very bad. Reduced weight, potency, and overall vigor. I'm glad we have enough time to correct it though before it messes up the grow!

I'm totally doing that G next man. JUST FOR YOU! HAHAHA!

mainlining is definitely fun. Ill be doing another for sure. And with better results hopefully.

have a good one and thanks a lot man!

OK shit; I can't give you any more rep.

HAHA! you're awesome!

Agreed! Hope your doing well grouch and Makin a speedy recovery ! As always love your plants brother

Turns out I dislocated a couple ribs. Wanna know how I did it? Yeah, I know what you're thinking. It was probably from Grouchy joining an underground fight club. Nope. I lifted my left arm to put on deodorant and BAM! Dislocated ribs...

Damn it's looking fine in here Grouchy. Awesome update and beautiful plants man. Well done!

Thanks wrecked!

I think I'll pop on over to your thread to see how those clones and that purty, bushy lady are doing!

Hey everybody! Hope everyone had a safe Friday the 13th

I've decided to switch the order around a bit so from left to right, it is northern lights, mystery 1, mystery 2.
I lowered the lights on the northern lights because in the middle it wasn't getting as much light as the others.

So in order to clone, I made a fog cloner. I am testing it on various plants (vincas, potato, Purple Heart, & a northern lights flowering bud) to see if it works for me. There's teally nothing to it. Put the plant in the neoprene insert, no leaf clipping necessary.

I also may kill off the straggler mystery plant. It is suffering so hard from this N problem and I've tried everything so I'm starting to think it's a genetic problem. You name it I've tried it.

1) adjusted the pH both high and low (within the hydro limits) so the plant gets all available nutrients
2) flushed
3) adjusted the feeding schedule to very low dosage
4) checked runoff (same coming out as going in)

I need to be out of this house at a certain time (due to lease) and that's around New Year's Day. I don't have time to wait this straggler plant out so what I may do is make the most out of my 2 other plants and give them full light instead of distributing it between 3 plants.

I'd really like people's opinion on this on what I should do.

Kill the straggler or not?

Below is mystery #2
image3383.jpeg

below is Northern Lights
image3384.jpeg

Below is Mystery #1 AKA the straggler
image3385.jpeg

Okay. You guys sold me. Lol

I was on the fence about culling the straggler but I'll go with your guys' advice and pull it. Not to mention if I have to kill the straggler, later down the road, then I would be spending more money feeding it in wasting nutrients. I think pulling it is the smart thing to do given my time constraints

Also, sorry for such a long times between my updates. This past week has sucked due to allergies and a small cold. Have you ever got that sinus pressure headache right behind your eye? That's where I am right now and I'm looking for a spoon to take the eye out. No Eye equals no pain right?

(Kidding of course)

I'm looking for a spoon to take the eye out. No Eye equals no pain right?

(Kidding of course)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry to laugh but I just visualized Grouchy from sesame street running round the kitchen ripping his eye out with a spoon,

Hope you get better bro, than sounds awful. Don't apologize, rest up! Thanks for the update though ,:)

:rip: Straggler :rip:

Hey Grouch, cool fogger!

Plants are looking good (except for that straggler)... I'd have to agree with everyone else; pull that sucker... Doesn't seem likely (given what it looks like now) that you'd be able to finish it by the time you need to move. My $0.02.

So if you're moving around the new year anyway, wouldn't that be a good time to move to CO!?!? :winkyface:

Hope you feel better man.

Hey Grouch, cool fogger!

Plants are looking good (except for that straggler)... I'd have to agree with everyone else; pull that sucker... Doesn't seem likely (given what it looks like now) that you'd be able to finish it by the time you need to move. My $0.02.

So if you're moving around the new year anyway, wouldn't that be a good time to move to CO!?!? :winkyface:

Hope you feel better man.

Hey brother! How's it going?! I miss me some CoGreen mainlining! Going straight there after this, man.

Seems everyone is agreeing on pulling that bastard. Hey, just wait to you get a look once I take off all the leaves. The plant got really twisty for some reason. This also leads me to believe it is a genetic problem. But then again, maybe the twisting is caused by a nutrient problem. But who cares! That son of a gun is getting pulled today.

You know, I actually considered moving to Colorado quite a bit this year. But unfortunately I have a stepson that is seven and his parents have shared custody, 50-50. So moving out-of-state is a no go until he's 18 unless his dad wants to move with us. But I don't want his dad to be the only person I know in a new state. Ha ha

But I will definitely make my way up there for vacation hopefully in 2016. I would love to see what it's like there with the legalization.

Once again thanks for the well wishes everyone and for the help on this straggler bastard

:thanks::420::thanks::420:

Back
Top Bottom