LED Lighting

I have been informed he is no longer a member..

There goes 2 gs600 pro blooms I coulda gave away to someone whom would actually do a grow.

Let me ramp up n try again when gs900 come out.

It looks like a decent unit, not sure what the heck a bahaus chip is. I would not buy it though based on the fact that he doesn't know which model it is, who made it etc... I know what I bought from years ago, if he can't recall then it sounds sketchy.

The case is the standard config for most light companies, Chinese made and drop-shipped most likely.

Look at some of the better known companies and see if you can find a deal on one. If you decide to purchase this light, do it knowing that it is a quad band, unknown manufacturer and unknown 3w chips (Cree or Bridgelux would be names you're looking for). You'll be paying about $415 US for that and you can get a good light for about that price new. Not sure how shipping and taxes will add up though.

Well if you get the chance to give someone a shot with one keep me in mind. I wouldn't bs you or let you down. I'm sure it would be hard to trust someone after being burned, but I keep my word it's all a man realy has and if he can't keep that he's not really a man at all.

Can you clear something up for me? I have an issue with LED companies and their light specs. It seems basic electrical math escapes them.

600W Quantum LED Grow Light

LED Qty: 288
LED Type: 3W Single Chip
LED Wattage: 864 (288 x 3W)
Actual Power Draw: 550 Watts
Amperage Draw: 4.6A @ 110V, 2.3A @ 220V

You claim your LED wattage is 864 Watts, and then state your actual power draw is 550 Watts. Then, you state 4.6A at 110V, which comes out to 506 Watts. So which is it? Theres no way 506W at the wall translates to over 200 Watts more on the LEDs. You lose power in the AC/DC conversion, not add tons of it.

If you took a meter and read the current draw at the wall, I would use that number and ditch the other misleading figures. So 4.6A x 110V = 506 Watts. At 288 LEDs that would be 1.75 Watts per LED. Nothing wrong with that. I would rather have that than the full 3W, because then you would have lifespan issues.

This is to all LED vendors.....clean up your spec sheets and actually get some equipment to measure your actual irradiance and give us some PPF numbers at specific heights you recommend. You are all guilty of marketing tricks and throwing numbers around.

I agree with you completely. Most 3 watt led's are ran at ~650-750 mA and have a Fv of 1.8-3.5... that means that they are pulling 1.17-2.6 watts per LED. You will have some power loss in conversion from AC to DC and then fans (if the unit has them (most do).

I think everyone should request that the sellers of LED lights should give you the exact information. Actually wattage pull, power dispersion from LED's, lose in conversion, and that used by fans.

I run my Cree LEDs with 500mA at 2.3V for red, 500mA at 3.2V for white/blue. So my 1W LEDs are about as powerful as those, and I actually know the specs of my light because I have the Cree data sheets.

There is nothing too special about these 3W units since they under drive them at 2W or less. Probably due to poor thermal performance and/or lower quality emitters. DIY isn't for everyone, so most people have to decide who is misleading them the least when it comes to LED grow lights.

G'day,

I'm new to the indoor scene, about 3 weeks off my first harvest on a very sexy lady. Using a 600 hid in a cupboard at the moment but looking to get something happening under my 18ft workbench.

I've been looking pretty hard at the LED lights and reckon it could solve my height issue. Thinking hydro sea of green?

What do you think?

I'm also a film maker by trade, nat geo/IMAX stuff and was thinking you might like to trade for a journal and maybe a promo clip for your site? Full hd, could maybe even swing 3D! Always wanted to film plants in 3D!

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

i run my cree leds with 500ma at 2.3v for red, 500ma at 3.2v for white/blue. So my 1w leds are about as powerful as those, and i actually know the specs of my light because i have the cree data sheets.

There is nothing too special about these 3w units since they under drive them at 2w or less. Probably due to poor thermal performance and/or lower quality emitters. Diy isn't for everyone, so most people have to decide who is misleading them the least when it comes to led grow lights.

that says it all...

REP +

There goes 2 gs600 pro blooms I coulda gave away to someone whom would actually do a grow.

Sorry to hear that. I got a couple grow spaces and one is a 5x5. Im doin a journal with advanced leds right now. If you can do another journal for light swap let me know and keep me on the list. I was going to PM you but cant. Either way quality LED is what im looking for and im seeing that with advanced. Would love to see if youre lights give results as well.

I volunteered awhile back and would have given you an excellent journal GSL.

I'm running a 14/13 flower cycle right now using an iGS-15 Flex-Timer with T5s and CFLs.

Oh well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Need to change those SOPs, it's nice to give things for a good cause however the price isn't important the terms are, IMO.

I'd say give the light out so long as they provide a journal AND provide a credit card to keep on file. Get paperwork and signatures, then proceed. I'd consider that more then fair if I was doing business with someone offering a free light.

I just talked to Donnie, and he's glad that I'm being honest and providing a journaled grow for all to see! When the shootout is over, I'll see if I can get one of the 900's and do a full tent grow out -- 4 plants, Air Pots with Blumats for watering, and a full tent SCROG.

:bongrip: - JZ

Once I get one of those 900's I am gonna take a few pics and send it to somebody for a grow journal fooooor sure!

I took a break on the forums but I am back, soon as my new grow lights arrive it;s round 2 on the 420 grow journals! In the mean time glad to see you and bass man getting started!

Back
Top Bottom