LED problems

bantachi

yo
just wondering if a UFO 216W Full Spectrum LED and a few 20w 2700k cfls would do for two plants in a dwc setup space I'm working with a is a walk in closet any help would be much appreciated thanks

Yes, the light will work fine.

Your main issue's might be ventilation for fresh air (prevent mold), heat extraction, scent control and noise.

Click the bottom link in my signature "how to grow MJ" for ways to solve these issue's.

good luck!

Gauge

I have been told the actual wattage with most LED is half of what most companies list. So if a 216w LED is actual wattage from the wall is 108 watts. I bought a Vipraspectra 1200 to find out it only draws only 460 watts. But getting back to point you need 150 watts per plant you need more light. Since your growing in a closet don't over water and remove all extra water to avoid getting fungus gnats. good luck

thanks for all the help guys :p im going to be growing in a hydro system so the plants take care of the watering themselves i just change it when needed i think it was something like once a week i also have an extractor fan in the celling leading to the outside will this do for ventilation

Yes, the light will work fine.

Your main issue's might be ventilation for fresh air (prevent mold), heat extraction, scent control and noise.

Click the bottom link in my signature "how to grow MJ" for ways to solve these issue's.

good luck!

Gauge

I see my buddy Gauge has already stopped by lol!

yo
just wondering if a UFO 216W Full Spectrum LED and a few 20w 2700k cfls would do for two plants in a dwc setup space I'm working with a is a walk in closet any help would be much appreciated thanks

Hey bantachi, what dimensions are the closet and what size tubs are you going to use? I guess what I'm wondering is how big do you want your final plants to be? I am currently finishing up a closet grow and started with 1 600 watt viparspectra led. Like marij said, it only draws about 227 watts. LED's are sold as "600 watt" but that only means they are meant to replace a 600 watt hps and they save energy by only drawing half the volts. So when looking at the LED's just know that "600 watt" or "200 watt" are more like model numbers than the actual draw of the lights.

If you wanted to veg 2 plants with the lights you mentioned you could probably do that with no problem but when it comes time to flower I think you are gonna want at least double that. I ended up adding another 600 watt led to my grow a few weeks in because I thought it was kinda dark in the closest overall. Once I added the second led panel it really brightened things up and gave my girls plenty of food.

I would recommend splurging, if at all possible, on a decent 300 watt LED panel or two. They run about 60-80 bucks on Amazon but you should check out the sponsors list, they may have discount codes or something for members! Let us know what you decided and start up a grow journal, we love to watch lol! Good luck and Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom