2017, Pstarsr, Hydro Grow, Cabinet, CFL & LED Mix, Bag Seed

Little update, seedling life is moving along.

Half way through first week of nutes.

420-magazine-mobile1453537250.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824420109.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Gona flip later and refresh nutes, kinda looks like ones not gona make it. Barely any roots below the small runt, others are going great.

420-magazine-mobile1269582689.jpg

Great journal. Your doing a great job. Are you keeping notes and starting to see the sweet spot where your girls like to live at? My girls love 1.4 ish EC and 5.8-6.2 PH. It took me weeks to find out 22mls a gallon and 2.5 mls of pH up and 1.5 mls of z7 a&b, is what my plants will keep the basin balanced at. They told me that by constantly leveling out at those numbers. I measure growth and water consumption as well. My point is if you chart everyday you can visually see by your data what your perfect nute amount will be. You can "see" them eat and drink . Homeostasis is great but man it can be boring in a good no stress way not having to do anything but feed them. Do a search for Rifleman. He has taught me how to graph and his results speak for themselves. I know a lot of people want to keep it Zen and science stuff is too much but for me it's another side to growing that allows me a different way of being closer to my girls. Have fun and keep it up. You are killing it!

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Always keepin notes! I use an app for my phone called grolog by grodan. It's great for organizing and graphing. I think I'm lucky as my ph hovers at 6.0-6.5 with no buffering, ppm is unknown as I don't have a way to measure. But I'm following the feed schedule sent with the box. ( nute to resivour volume ratio, 1tbsp:1.5 gal volume )

One didn't make it, leafs were dieing, it was just sad so I culled the herd and now I'm down to two.

One better be a god damn girl! ;)

Flipped to 12/12 last night, refreshed nutes to bloom. And changed the lights out to my 2700k versions. Plus trying out this bigger CFL (48w true - 150w equiv )

420-magazine-mobile1368651414.jpg

So, I'm still not 100% sure the best time to turn on the lights. Most of the time I wait for leafs. This time I'm starting before, it's a bit cold here and I want the CFLs to get some heat in there. I could be screwing myself, completely realize this

I've run into this as well, especially on the latest sluggish starting grow; some sprouts have second or even third leaves, while others have not even emerged yet, the lighting runs 18/6 in the new shared cabinet space regardless.

Once the first plant sets leaves I start giving the tub 1/4 Nutes until they all have their first set, then gradually ramp it up once they all catch up. See bottom right of photo:
IMG_283118.JPG

Probably stressing the early ones with not enough nutes, and the late sprouters with too much nutes, but such is life...

See bottom right of photo:

Woops, that didn't work, but gives you an idea of the new improved cabinet I built to upgrade from my CashCrop, which along with a few Blue Dream seeds, is now out on loan to a fellow Vet feeling the financial squeeze of having to purchase his own medicine.

This should work better
slowstarts.jpeg

Male on the right! Removed and cut in anger

But female on the left! Atleast one Made it, gotta give up on random bag seeds already.

Little LST to use the whole box, now that she is alone

420-magazine-mobile1801352688.jpg

I'm down to one as well. We will be one plant DWC cab LED grow dudes. Maybe start our own sub forum.

2017 - Pstarsr - Hydro Grow - Cabinet - CFL & LED Mix - Bag Seed

Change out, and start week 2 nutes. Looking good, excited to see how the LEDs/bigger CFL work out. Haven't had a decent grow yet with the new lights.

420-magazine-mobile868284144.jpg

Little trim to expose more flower sites
420-magazine-mobile2119030365.jpg

Looking good in that lil can. I believe it's tougher growing in constraints then jus having a big open room to grow in. Much props been lurking since your first grow and I can see you really got it together. Maybe you should buy a cheap TDS meter they are like 15 USD on Amazon. I got one and lets me know what nutes m putting in and what's getting used. But hey if it's not broke no need to fix. Keep it going and when have space for a tent your gonna be a master grower!! Almost one already!! Much props my friend!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Read my post didn't mean can meant cab!! Jus didn't want to sound like I was talking bad bout ur set up. Anyone that can pull ur result in the cab can do it anywhere. Maybe instead of a tent buy a wardrobe cabinet and recreate your box on a lil bigger scale that would be so awesome!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

I have been thinking about a bigger cabinet, keeping my eyes open at thrift stores around town.band thanks for the kind words. Still learning, but this plants doing really well.

Where have you been? Everything Skookum?

Guage

Got busy building this planter box for my wife and kids
420-magazine-mobile1978875349.jpg

I missed the time window last night and didn't get a picture. So here's the new ones as of this morning.

420-magazine-mobile1859335328.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1952169445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom