2017, Pstarsr, Hydro Grow, Cabinet, CFL & LED Mix, Bag Seed

Had a bit of burning on some of the flowers, so re "fanaggled" the LED up higher. One picture I shielded the LED light to show the burn. Heat burn not light burn. Hairs are going orange, things are getting close.

420-magazine-mobile1434899625.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1378999221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile783880167.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1270083787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile145072012.jpg

Ok going to do a fluid change, might go to flush. Have to inspect the trichomes again, I'm seeing roughly 60-75% cloudy. But may let it go another week with a reduced nutrient feed.

One thing for fun is, it seems as though I am noticing two different "size" flowers depending on what light they are getting. I have a CFL section on the right ( with a bit of LED ) and an LED side. The LED side is growing different than the CFL side. The main cola ( pictured in the middle picture ) seems to be less dense on the LED side, than on the CFL side. This flower is perfectly in between both lights, so it's like an accidental experiment! Interested to see what the end result is

420-magazine-mobile220930964.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1409067695.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1294963954.jpg

Went to flush, most all trichomes are cloudy. Might have jumped the gun slightly. As most hairs are just starting to darken, but this week without nutes should ripen everything up I hope. If not we can extend a bit I think.

It's been pretty hot here locally, and the vent fan isn't all that powerful. So I'm seeing a bit of heat stress on the top flowers. But they are still doing ok. Still haven't seen any fan leafs being cannablized yet, might extend the flush a couple days

420-magazine-mobile582272350.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2045500893.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1833652687.jpg

She looks good!

I read somewhere about the LEDs versus CFL giving different growth on the flowers. I wish I had bookmarked it because I can't recall what the difference was. I want to say CFLs for density, LEDs to make them more stinky/resinous?

Damn, I'll have to go searching for it.

Surprised she isn't yellowing a bit more maybe give her a bit longer? It looks like she could still put on some weight. The whole timing of flush thing I am finding to be one of the trickiest parts of my grow, that and understanding what a cloudy trichome looks like.

It's definately apparent that CFL vs LED has different growth. I think I'm gona just play it by ear, it's the end of week 8 today but I'm gona just keep watering with straight water till I see it plateau and start to yellow a bit then I'll take em down.

2017 - Pstarsr - Hydro Grow - Cabinet - CFL & LED Mix - Bag Seed

My harvest is still curing, haven't sampled yet but will soon. Buds don't break apart yet so waiting for a bit longer.

Side story for fun

420-magazine-mobile641456224.jpg

So somehow, in this town I have gotten in touch with some folks. That needed some work done

Wiring up about 20 greenhouses for you know what. It will be fun to see how it's done in a large area. So far I have finished one greenhouse and one dry room. But the cycle is only just starting with small clones so it's gone be a bit to see the result. But these guys have multiple grow sites across the west coast. So they know what to expect.

So fun time, it's been really interesting. Borderline scary at time ( see main panel 220v "extension"!) so bad!
420-magazine-mobile2045237495.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1936324732.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1707323672.jpg

So seems to Yeild roughly the same as the other grows. About 1oz.

Still curing, going to grab a clone soon start all over

Super impressed. An ounce is nothing to sneeze at. Looks like quality smoke. I have enjoyed your journal and look forward to your next grow.

Gauge

An ounce? Nice!

Are those half-quart or quart jars you are curing in?

They actually don't say on the bottom, and these are jars someone else gave to me. I'd guess they are 1/2 qt jars though

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom