LED VS HPS ; Max yields

DimebagDarren

I've been growing for 8 years now, but it has only been small gardens that I could hide from my parents (I'm 24 now). I'm now growing for medical patients and trying to get completely serious. I have a 10' x 9' room and want to maximise any potiental yield. I have a 1000w & 400w HPS for flowering and a 225 LED for my Veg room. Should I stick with the HPS or invest in more LED's (even though they're EXTREMELY expensive)? ....Also one of my patients thinks I can get atleast 1.5 lbs of dry smoke every 96 days (growing time) for 6 plants. Is this possible under good conditions?

Ya that's what I thought. I told him the first harvest is gonna take longer, but once I get a cycle going I should be able to pull that off.

90 square feet and only 1400 watts? That's only ~15.6 watts per square foot, lol. You need a LOT more light. Thinking at least 3100 more watts.

It's probably best if you're going to be a caregiver to get the equipment that you need to grow their meds before you actually start.

I know we've all seen grows that hit 4oz per plant. So it's obviously possible. But it also stands to reason many other factors will be involved. Veg time, lighting, strain, etc. to name a few.

One thing is for sure, if you are thinking of using the entire 10' x 9' room, you'll need more light. But you'll also grow more than 6 plants too.

I would suggest to think about what you want to grow in terms of numbers of plants and area you want to use. Then figure out your "cycling". Like x # of plants in clone or veg area (xx sq feet) each y weeks. How many plants in flower (sq ft requirement for said flowering), etc.

In other words, start looking at the whole process, maybe sketching a little, taking notes, and figure out how much light/type you want for each area. You obviously dont have enough light presently to make full use of the 10' x 9' space right now.

Cool thanks for the info. I am putting up a solid wall in the middle of the room to split into two areas for veg and flower. The flowering room will be about 6' x 8.5' and the veg room about 4' x 8.5'. I just got a 1000w MH for the veg room and then have the 1000w HPS and 400w HPS for the flowering room, I also have some make shift moveable walls covered with mylar to close any wasted gaps. Here in Oregon you can only have 6 plants per patient so thats my limit for now.

Back
Top Bottom