Gdiddydank

Simply put I want to use the Mean Well series HVG series drivers to power Fluence’s Spydr series fixtures (example: Mean Well HVGC-650W Driver with a Fluence Spydr 2P)

Firstly, are they compatible? Secondly, can I pull it off with a pretty basic knowledge of LED/wiring and a soldering gun?

Please and Thank You, my friends!

Simply put I want to use the Mean Well series HVG series drivers to power Fluence’s Spydr series fixtures (example: Mean Well HVGC-650W Driver with a Fluence Spydr 2P)

would need the specs on the current driver fluence is using in order to match properly

Firstly, are they compatible?

hlg or elg series mean wells are generally better suited. there are dozens of drivers that would work. not just mean well. but you have to start with knowing the specs on the current driver. fluence is not publishing that info.

you'll have to crack the case and see if the specs are printed inside. it will be a third party driver, likely pairu or moons.

what's going on with the original driver ?

Secondly, can I pull it off with a pretty basic knowledge of LED/wiring and a soldering gun?

Please and Thank You, my friends!

if you know what you are doing it's easy. helps to have a proper soldering station. a lot of builds just use wagos with no soldering even.

the real question is why fluence .. ? they are insanely overpriced for what you get. plus they run a b grade emitter. osram is quality, but i'd expect lm's at least for that kind of money.

Back
Top Bottom