Light leak? Should I be worried?

W1zard

Hi all, first grow going on and have invested a lil bit of cash on beans kit and nutes and would hate to have something go wrong.

Had noticed this in a milder manner a week ago though at this time it only constituted a mild annoyance as well had autos growing so wasn't too concerned. Recently ive popped in some feminized seeds so now begins the worry.

The layer of fabric inside the tent thats supposed to sit over the zipper dog ears up when i open it and it seems to have created a leak.

DSC_53101.JPG

DSC_53073.JPG

any thoughts, ie, is it worth worrying about. perhaps tape some weights to the skirting? idk *shrug

I only ask because i assume if i can see light coming out then it must be getting in

thanks in advance ;)

Hi all, first grow going on and have invested a lil bit of cash on beans kit and nutes and would hate to have something go wrong.

Had noticed this in a milder manner a week ago though at this time it only constituted a mild annoyance as well had autos growing so wasn't too concerned. Recently ive popped in some feminized seeds so now begins the worry.

The layer of fabric inside the tent thats supposed to sit over the zipper dog ears up when i open it and it seems to have created a leak.

DSC_53101.JPG

DSC_53073.JPG

any thoughts, ie, is it worth worrying about. perhaps tape some weights to the skirting? idk *shrug

I only ask because i assume if i can see light coming out then it must be getting in

thanks in advance ;)[/QUOTE

Hi there, a little light interruptions during veg is ok but during flowering is a no no, sit inside the tent with the zips closed when the lights go out and wait 5 minutes for your eyes to adjust to the darkness and see where the light leaks are, then tape the holes up with duck tape and what I do is put a blackout fabric over the tent so it drapes over the doors where the zips are works a treat for me,

you've got autos in there they can start to flowering in as little as 3 weeks so you had better sort the light leak out ASAP

Good luck

Woogie is absolutely correct.

However, there is a margin of error to this that seldom gets much attention. I've been growing for a few years consistently now and I've had timer issues and light leaks time and time again. but I've never noticed any kind of problem. It's always a mental headache more than it results in any negative effect on the plant.

What I would suggest, like Woogie, is getting inside the area, find the leaks and plug them or cover them some how.

Best of luck!

I am not an expert. I haven't even finished my first grow, but I would think that for people who are growing outdoors, where there is SOME ambient light (moonlight, etc) the small amount of night that a plant receives at night isn't enough to screw it up. As long as the room outside your light isn't super bright, then I would think that the amount of light leaking in shouldn't be enough to affect your plant. I would still plug the leaks as best you can, but wouldn't stress about whether it has hurt your grow at this point.

Champion guys thank you

Seems that light leak is just the start of my worries, now if only i could fix my brother....

Just got home from work and found power was out. brother hadnt topped up electricity and so seeing as we on a pay as you go scenario, it shut off (fantastic of him)

ok so standard timing is lights shut off at 3 am , come back on at 9am and go through the day.. looking at the timer it shut off at 5pm and i just turned it back on at 11pm giving it 6 hours dark.

Normally i would have lights on through to 3am and let them sleep for 6 hours again but not sure what i should do. as they have just had 6 hours and as i have some feminized seedlings (3 days old) in there growing with my autos, dont want to be confusing them to much?

should i just treat today as a freak day and run them on a 8/6/4/6 cycle to close out the day or should i just treat it as the start of a new day and go from there

As you can imagine im extremely happy about this situation just not sure how to go about embracing it

been trolling the forums and internet and seems i should just continue with normal cycle , beg forgiveness from my ladies and promise not to do it again..

here goes eh , lets see how the girls take it, wish me luck :)

Perfect advice!

Think im going to either get a magnetic strip and attach to the skirting and tent, should seal it up nicely or a lot of lil smaller magnets and some serious positioning and glueing. Will keep an eye out for a drop sheet or something as well as that is a def good idea.

cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom