Light movers

Pirate

Scenario:
I want a 4' x 6 foot grow table to be covered by 3 - 600 watt air cooled fixtures with glass lenses. To save on a huge energy bill...............does anyone know from experience if 1 - 600 watt fixture on a light mover would do the same job and be sufficient?

Grassy ass !!

Pirate:headbanger:

I don't know from experience, but I know what i've read and deducted via logical examination.

A) From what i've read here about light movers:
They can be used to even out the amount of light each plant in the garden recieves, so that all plants are recieving an equal amount of light. And thats pretty much all they're good for, they won't make 1 light do the work of 3. Moving the plants around the table would have the same effect.

B) My reasoning
A mover is a good way to increase the ammount of bud you can produce with a single light by illuminating a greater area, but the overall quality will go down the larger the area you try to illuminate. But tripling the number of lights will triple the total number of energy giving photons hitting the leaves of your babies which should increase the quality, as long as the area isn't increased too.

Remember: Lumenens/m^2

I hope this was helpful.

Scenario:
I want a 4' x 6 foot grow table to be covered by 3 - 600 watt air cooled fixtures with glass lenses. To save on a huge energy bill...............does anyone know from experience if 1 - 600 watt fixture on a light mover would do the same job and be sufficient?

Grassy ass !!

Pirate:headbanger:

Well I can tell you from experience on a lower scale (400 watters) that it will not take the place of 3 lights. I had (3) 400 watt lights along the back and
(1) 430 watt running on a 6 foot light mover in the front. The plants in the front always produced less then the ones in the back.

On average I believe is that one third growth increase can be achieved using a growlight and a mover verses another light. But the buds will be smaller and more airy instead of compacted. A lights rail cannot compare to triple the lights though. Might be closer if you compare two lights and a mover versus 3 lights. You have better penetration with a moving light but the top colas would be huge and dense with the three lights.
Just thought I throw my two cents in.

Back
Top Bottom