Light Proofing

OldMedMan

Jimmy Max Parker 11/2/41 - 02/19/17
HI all:peace:
I have two cabs I have built. They are wood with wood doors. When I turn off the ligts in my room I can see light coming from around the doors. Not big cracks, but enough for me to tell it would not be good enough for flowering.

Is there some kind of weather stripping or some thing I can fill the cracks with that will not absorb light, but refect it?
Materials that I have on hand are white velcro, Mylar sheeting black on one side. Duct tape and very silver tape. If there is something that works, I will be glad to go it somwhere.
Your help comments are wecome.:thanks:

I wouldn't worry about weatherstripping that will reflect light. The small amount of stripping required to seal doors won't reflect enough light to make a noticeable difference (imho). I would advise using rubber weatherstripping instead of the foam though, it tends to keep its resilience (puffiness) much longer than the latter.

I'm glad you found it useful :) That had to take quite a while to read lol. I have a buddy who lives on Oahu but he's not "one of us" although he's not anti-pot either (he doesn't even report outdoor crops he sees while flying...and he flies, a LOT :) )...haven't been over there in about ten years, would be great to visit again but that flight kills my back and knees. Best of luck to you and your grow!

Oh, by the way...check out Boss' CFL grow, makes mine look like child's play lol!

Back
Top Bottom