Light schedule fast question!

It all depends on how many CFLs you use. I use a dozen on each plant, six mounted low, and six mounted in the spaces in the canopy. I have buds from bottom to top, and her buds are now about the size of a nickle, which is pretty good for growing under 23W CFLs.

But I've followed a couple other grows that used CFLs exclusively like you do, and growth is clearly slower, right? How does his 25 day old plant look to you? It looks fine but slow. Do you think it could be from the mixed daylight times or just from fewer lighthours in general?

Oh, I definitely agree that CFL grows have their down sides. Slow growth is one of them, because it always takes longer for my ladies to mature enough to harvest. The other downside is penetration. You have to snuggle the lights right down onto the plant from all sides, not just the top, in order to get light to the lower and interior buds.

When my Mars 300 arrives in a week or two, I'll set up a separate unit to veg some of my smaller juveniles. I expect there will be an uptake in the growth rate. I'll do a comparison in my journal.

I found that term I couldn't remember. It's DLI - Daily Light Integral. It's the total amount of photons that hit a square meter every single 24 hours, or total light available to the plant within a 24 hour period. Higher DLI gets more growth. Icemud did some great research into lighting and I first heard of DLI from him. Here's an example of one of his posts about it:

Picking your brain

Grow Autoflowers if you can't keep a normal light schedule. You can find top genetics and good smoke in an auto.. Maybe not top notch but close anyways.

It all depends on how many CFLs you use. I use a dozen on each plant, six mounted low, and six mounted in the spaces in the canopy. I have buds from bottom to top, and her buds are now about the size of a nickle, which is pretty good for growing under 23W CFLs.

I started with a 40something watt whose output is 200w blue light and some time ago added my 30something watt that puts out 150w yellow light. the both above the plant and over them an industrial reflector.

Grow Autoflowers if you can't keep a normal light schedule. You can find top genetics and good smoke in an auto.. Maybe not top notch but close anyways.

Its my first prototype grow so yeah im thinking about autoflowers also...and a mars hydro or a Platinum led P300 would be fine...but don't know if it arrives without problems here is Europes 3rd world countries :)

Back
Top Bottom