Lighting question

Liam5677

Hello everyone! Happy Monday hope everyone started their weeks off good. I am looking to upgrade my light which leave me with a few questions.

1. I’m looking at this light Mars Hydro Reflector . My question is with both the veg/flower lights switched on, what would the total watts from the wall be? Is it only 100w with both or about 200ws?

2. How many watts per sq.ft. do you run? I see a lot of people say anywhere between 40-50. I don’t think I want to run that many watts but if needed I will. Please let me know what you think.

I got away from led. I run cmh.

30 inches from tops. 2400 watts. I pull 2 1/2 lbs. Off 3 foot tall plants. Total plants in room is 10.

Sorry I cant help with led. I've used them but not my cup of tea so to speak..

This is three weeks in flower...
IMG_20190322_204635_198.jpg

That light should draw from 95-100 wall watts, around 40-50 wall watts depending on type of diodes used.

Would grow some nice colas for sure. Just keep a eye on that cal/mag need. It will go up on that plant.

I do not have the TS1000 yet I ordered two of them. They are built close to the SP series which I have two of them. The drivers on them can be turned down if needed Just like the SP series. With the power and size they are I do not see them putting out much heat at all. I just know they will for sure run cooler and more light then the reflector series.

I do not have the TS1000 yet I ordered two of them. They are built close to the SP series which I have two of them. The drivers on them can be turned down if needed Just like the SP series. With the power and size they are I do not see them putting out much heat at all. I just know they will for sure run cooler and more light then the reflector series.
i will keep an eye out if you can let me know what the temps run.
im assuming the unit that would run the coolest would be just the t1000 or whatever the smallest lamp they have in that style

I should be having them in a week or so. Will be posting about them on my grow forum and youtube channel

Hello everyone! Happy Monday hope everyone started their weeks off good. I am looking to upgrade my light which leave me with a few questions.

1. I’m looking at this light Mars Hydro Reflector . My question is with both the veg/flower lights switched on, what would the total watts from the wall be? Is it only 100w with both or about 200ws?

2. How many watts per sq.ft. do you run? I see a lot of people say anywhere between 40-50. I don’t think I want to run that many watts but if needed I will. Please let me know what you think.
Hi Liam, usually for the traditional LED grow lights, you will need 35~50w/sft. So check out your space if this light is enough; Our reflector lights has perfect spectrum, you can grow with great result, but it might has less penetration, if you want to get great result , you can try to caculated as the power draw I suggested.
Another recommendation is to use our new model: Mars SP and Mars TS, they will have better light output, light efficiency, like 2.2~2.45umol/j, you will save more energy and get great yields from them. :)

Back
Top Bottom