Lighting schedule and soil

ajr1030

Hey guys! Just two quick questions for a rookie.

Soil question: Is there just a premade bag of soil that I can go to like Lowe’s and buy that’ll work just fine that anyone would recommend or does mixing really make a significant difference?

Light schedule: doing Jack Herer autos. 24 hours seed to harvest or whattya guys recommend?

Thanks again for all the great advice I’ve received it’s all pointing me in a good direction!

As for soil from Lowe's, look for a potting soil that does not have slow-release nutrients. I actually if you can find one with the least amount then you can add the nutrients yourself and control it better. As for the lighting schedule I see most people suggest 20 on 4 off for autos.

When you buy your soil also purchase a bag of perlite. When you're put in your potting soil in your pot mix in 20% of extra perlite. This will help with drainage

Home Depot sells "Black Magic" potting soil,it's pretty much made for cannabis,although
they don't come right out and say it-it has perlite in it,but it could use a little more.
It's what I use,and it works well.
24 hours seed to harvest will work-I personally give all the plants 5 or 6 hours of rest-it may not be fact,but it seems to me that they do a lot of their growing in the dark.

One more question if no one minds:

So 4x4 grow tent with 600w LED. I’m gonna add a 250w light soon enough but for now I wont. My question is what is your recommended pot size and number of plants for that space?

Back
Top Bottom