Little experience, looking for some tips & advice on droopy leaves

Pragmatosis

420 Member
Hello all! Im new to growing and have a few questions regarding growing in a coco/perlite medium and water/feeding schedules.
here is a pic of my setup:
C8DC30CE-A3C4-49E7-A256-31154E593415.jpeg

its hard to see but I have 2 light fixtures side-by-side. Each light is a 2000W LED, but only on “veg” power (has a “bloom” switch also, not on). I have a CO2 bag hanging and an oscillating fan. These ladies were started in a JiffyPot (Peat) and just moved to these buckets today. (I realize I should have slowly uped the size now but too late).
Temp: 70-82 F
Humidity: Varies from 30-60%

Recently, the leaves on my seedlings (8 day old) have become droppy, but the plants are still standing (see pic below)
EFA2E77A-4FC8-4B07-9729-D85488CECEA4.jpeg

BFEEF50F-327D-4C5A-97BC-C2C0183CB581.jpeg

I’m pretty sure they look like this because of overwatering when they were still in the peat, but I am not entirely sure. Some are also more advanced than others and not too sure why that is either.

Before the transplant they were given vitamin B1 and they were just given 1st dose of fertilizers (cal-mag, floramicro, floragro, florabloom, pH 5.5).

My confusion begins with what is the best way to water my ladies? Since they were just transplanted and watered, should I wait a day or 2 to let the coco/perlite dryout and then begin the fertilizers again? Ive been told the best way to grow in coco/perlite is to feed 1x daily to runoff but I’m concerned about proper route growth.

Does anyone with experience growing seedlings in 5gal buckets with coco/perlite have any suggestions for a beginner like myself? Reading only gets me so far and there is a lot of poor advice out there. Thankfully this forum has you all to offer your experience based advice! Any tips / recommendations regarding my setup is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• A72DBA25-04B7-42CA-B882-747900240FD4.jpeg
    A72DBA25-04B7-42CA-B882-747900240FD4.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 85
Hey brotha. So yeah you got them in a little big of a pot right off the bat. Feeding daily is not an option for you yet. Depending on how much the roots sank into the the coco you might be able to gently remove them from the pot and place the seedlings in a 1 gallon pot. I like starting my seeds in 16 oz red solo cups. then to a 1 gallon and then whatever you like. I flower my plants in 1 gallon pots fed daily sometimes twice a day depending on heat and humidity. So another thing i noticed is your buckets are not fully saturated. For a first watering you need to fully saturate the bucket until runoff even in a 5 gallon bucket. The coco is not to be watered like soil. I will try answering any questions you may have if you need
one love

Moving them again is a good idea. However I was wondering if not doing that would be detrimental, or would these turn out okay?

Moving them now isn’t the best but I would do it myself. You could try and keep them in the bucket. It’s hard to say what to do. Maybe try and do one. The sooner the better cause the roots are definitely sinking in to your medium. I have never planted a young plant in that big of a pot so it is probably possible to leave them

Back
Top Bottom