Little help with sugar based feed and boosters

coralman

So i usually use biobizz top max through out flowering or just straight mollases, iv recently got the Shogun sumo boost bio stimulant which contains sugars (i bought it for the tricantanol)

So my question is would it be wise too ditch the topmax whilst using the sumo boost and maybe just use it during last week or 2 of flower when i stop feeding the sumo boost?

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Have no idea about those store bought products.

Here's a good way to make triacontanol yourself (alfalfa is the source) and then there's the benefit of Kelp Meal:

5 gallons of water
1.5 cups alfalfa meal
1/4 cup kelp meal

I brew/aerate for 24-36 hours and apply.

Can do less if all you have is an aquarium pump - halve all ingredients listed above.

Can use this thru week 4 in flower.. can do more but it wont matter.

Sorry I cant help you with those products... we make our own.

Have no idea about those store bought products.

Here's a good way to make triacontanol yourself (alfalfa is the source) and then there's the benefit of Kelp Meal:

5 gallons of water
1.5 cups alfalfa meal
1/4 cup kelp meal

I brew/aerate for 24-36 hours and apply.

Can do less if all you have is an aquarium pump - halve all ingredients listed above.

Can use this thru week 4 in flower.. can do more but it wont matter.

Sorry I cant help you with those products... we make our own.
Awesome info thanks!

So i usually use biobizz top max through out flowering or just straight mollases, iv recently got the Shogun sumo boost bio stimulant which contains sugars (i bought it for the tricantanol)

So my question is would it be wise too ditch the topmax whilst using the sumo boost and maybe just use it during last week or 2 of flower when i stop feeding the sumo boost?

Any help is appreciated thank you.

I mean I don't really know what's the point of using this... yeah bacteria will eat sugar, cause they eat any carbon-based food they can find, but that won't really benefit the plant as they're supposed to be eating heavier compounds and releasing lighter ones to the soil, so plants can uptake them. When you add sugars to the soil, you give boost to your microlife, but it's like a coffee, it's just a momentary one, and it fades rather quickly.

I mean I don't really know what's the point of using this... yeah bacteria will eat sugar, cause they eat any carbon-based food they can find, but that won't really benefit the plant as they're supposed to be eating heavier compounds and releasing lighter ones to the soil, so plants can uptake them. When you add sugars to the soil, you give boost to your microlife, but it's like a coffee, it's just a momentary one, and it fades rather quickly.
So molasses etc are pretty much pointless?

Well molasses has a lot of micro-nutrients and sugars to feed bacteria. There's a ton of better choices out there for that and have even more micro and macro nutrients as sugars.
Kelp Meal is one.. it's got everything a plant needs.

Molasses not so much. I've stopped using it in my ACT and use kelp instead and Malted Barley ground to a powder... that's got a lot of enzymes in it great for plant growth too!

So much mixed information out there. Just when you think your getting somewhere haha. Would you like to explain further thanks

It's a myth, that's never been confirmed by any research, but somehow started spreading a few yrs ago and it grew to a monster! I'll repeat, sugars will be eaten by bacteria, but that won't benefit soil or the plant. If you want to make yr soil better, test it and correct it with mineral amendments to get a proper base saturation, C:N ratio and the right amount of macro and micronutrients. That'll serve you way better than injecting sugar into soil!

It’s not to say molasses doesn’t serve a purpose at all though...in an ACT molasses is acting as a food source for the microbes until they get introduced to the soil...but that’s all it’s meant for, is a temporary food source that doesn’t last :Namaste:

Sorry to the hijack the thread guy's, I am in the UK and alfalfa meal is like unicorn shit and can't buy it anywhere except 10kg bags of dengie horse pellet form which probably contain binding agents,but I have found pure alfalfa powder per kg on eBay, is that ok to use instead of meal, I'm guessing it's the same thing.

High Quality Alfalfa Powder 100g / 500g / 1kg | eBay

What do you think? Thanks in advance

Binding agent is organic... or sick animals! As soon as the pellets get wet, they turn into alfalfa meal. Rabbits love that stuff. In fact rabbit poop is good for garden cause thats all they eat!

Try this stuff, its what I use:

Alfalfa Meal 2.80-0.29-2.40 Organic Fertilizer Rose Fertilizer 2 Pounds 18227120074 | eBay

I'm in uk my friend,$70 dollar's postage ,UK is shit for azomite, alfalfa meal, and a few other amendments that I have to use as a alternative twist to subcools mix, I can buy alfalfa powder but it's expensive and £18 or$30 per kg

Kelp Meal should be readily available .... what is Subcool?

The link I posted is a UK ebay post take a look you should be able to find some locally for cheap.
I have kelp meal,subcool is a guy who created a organic supersoil mix and shared his organic supersoil recipe for others to try, you probably heard of his seeds TGA Subcool genetics, do a Search on here and try it, I've never looked back, there are other soil mixes Like moonshine mix etc, and with these mixes you just use water and compost teas,no bottled nutes, however I do add boosters and added nitrogen if needed by top dressing or organic nutes maybe week 4-5

I grow in soil and use water....

What is organic nitrogen that plants can uptake?

They grow rabbits where you live?? There you will find your a source for Alfalfa meal (rabbit poop ain't too bad either).

Kelp Meal has everything you need. Add that together with worm castings = golden.

Should try and avoid Dolomite Lime aka garden lime in containers.
(Mg toxicity + PH struggle). Try crab/lobster shell meal instead, then you won't need blood/bone meal.

In the UK you should be able to source everything you need for a top shelf soil mix locally. If you can't find something you need, ask and someone here likely will point you to a good substitute.

passing-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

For alfalfa meal; I don't use it in my mix anymore. I don't need it. I do add it to my vermicompost bins to make compost with.

Here's a good recipe:

Base Soil Mix
1/3 Sphagnum Peat Moss
1/3 aeration - Pumice/Lava rock/per-lite whatever you can get locally
1/3 Compost - should be able to source this locally - the most important ingredient. Make your own if you can it's far better than anything you can purchase.

Amend to the above per cubic foot of soil mix (7.5gal) with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem cake and/or Karanja cake
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp meal
1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Lobster/Crustacean meal
1 cup Malted Barley Powder - malted barley you can purchase at a brew supply store - grind in a coffee grinder to fine powder) this is a game changer.

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
4-6 cups Basalt (rock dust - paramagentic)
6-8 cups Biochar (optional but helpful)

Thats it - all those ingredients should be available locally in the UK.
Neem cake and Karanja Kake are from India... should have a local source in UK for sure... hit me back if you are having trouble finding it.

Then you water ... can top dress a few times with some malted barley powder and of course kelp and EWC....

Back
Top Bottom